Shakira enters Arizona immigration fight

She's obviously biased and not worth listening to.

She's not a citizen...she's not living on the border of Arizona subjected to the crime and violence that the ranchers are.

She's just a singer with no real knowledge of the issue other then she is an alien making a living here.

In effect just another rich asshole talking out of her ass.

This law will do nothing to stop the violence. But I love how you guys keep mentioning the violence as a reason for this law. Has harsher penalities for drug crimes, done anything to stop drug crimes?

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's proposed 2011 budget would cut the border patrol by 180 agents and trim spending on a "virtual fence" along the nation's Southwest border.

Homeland security officials confirmed the proposed cuts Monday during a budget briefing for reporters. They said no border patrol agents would lose their jobs. Instead, the positions would be cut through attrition as agents retire or leave.
President proposes cutting border patrol

•Funding of $368 million within existing Customs and Border Protection funds support 20,000 Border Patrol agents protecting nearly 6,000 miles of U.S. borders.

•Provides over $1.4 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to ensure that illegal aliens who commit crimes are expeditiously identified and removed from the United States.

Immigration and the President's 2010 Budget - The President's 2010 Budget and Immigration

Luissa with a budget that basically is smaller than the cost of one B-2 Bomber is it any wonder that drug traffic along the border is not a big risk? It's a numbers game and with only a 10% chance of getting caught and with a lack of investment on our part, its a risk they are willing to take, laws not withstanding.

Here's an uneducated statement from a singer named SHAKIRA:
"If this law was already in effect today, for example, I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don't even have my driver's license here. I 'm completely undocumented here," Shakira said
What a dumb ass!!!!!! First of all she CAN'T get a driver's license without showing proof of age and when they see she's a Colombian they will ask her for her GREEN CARD. When she CAN'T PRODUCE THAT then she will be asked for her passport or TURNED AWAY. Then if she's stopped for trying to score some basuco on the streets of AZ she will be asked for her ID before she's arrested. If she shows her passport with a valid visa she's OK but accountable for the drug charge....otherwise she's an ILLEGAL ALIEN....but one with one of the nicest asses I've ever seen.

See how that law works? Quite simple.

actually, her statement is 100% true. she's not illegal if she has a visitor's visa. yet if she goes down the block for a coffee, she can be arrested and detained.

the point is that NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO CARRY PAPERS BECAUSE THEY ARE HISPANIC.

Now wait a second....let me try to understand this .....Shakira says she can be arrested for NOT having a US driver's license, I counter that since she's got a VISA to be in the US she hasn't a thing to worry about and you say she can still be arrested?

For what charge? She has a valid visa!

Come on Counselor, address my question. I'm going to be leaving for Phoenix soon and I want to hear your best argument, so I can school you as Navy1960 did.

1. he didn't.

2. i don't waste energy discussing anything of substance with people with double digits.

sorry that civil discussion offends you.

In other words, you got nothing!

You claim that the bill will be struck down but cannot present an argument to support it.

And you call yourself an attorney!?!?

Tell me when opposing counsel presents an arguemnt do you use the tactic (in bold) as your counter argument?

Oh and Navy did school your dumbass to the delight of all who followed the thread.

The AZ law has accomplished what needed to be done: made immigration reform into a national issue.

The Feds have failed the country for years. Mexico's own immigration laws are far more stringent than AZ's. We should just adopt a Mexico style version nation wide and be done with it. If it's good enough for them, it certainly isn't RACIST to treat them the way they treat others.

She's obviously biased and not worth listening to.

She's not a citizen...she's not living on the border of Arizona subjected to the crime and violence that the ranchers are.

She's just a singer with no real knowledge of the issue other then she is an alien making a living here.

In effect just another rich asshole talking out of her ass.

This law will do nothing to stop the violence. But I love how you guys keep mentioning the violence as a reason for this law. Has harsher penalities for drug crimes, done anything to stop drug crimes?

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's proposed 2011 budget would cut the border patrol by 180 agents and trim spending on a "virtual fence" along the nation's Southwest border.

Homeland security officials confirmed the proposed cuts Monday during a budget briefing for reporters. They said no border patrol agents would lose their jobs. Instead, the positions would be cut through attrition as agents retire or leave.

•Funding of $368 million within existing Customs and Border Protection funds support 20,000 Border Patrol agents protecting nearly 6,000 miles of U.S. borders.

•Provides over $1.4 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to ensure that illegal aliens who commit crimes are expeditiously identified and removed from the United States.

Immigration and the President's 2010 Budget - The President's 2010 Budget and Immigration

Luissa with a budget that basically is smaller than the cost of one B-2 Bomber is it any wonder that drug traffic along the border is not a big risk? It's a numbers game and with only a 10% chance of getting caught and with a lack of investment on our part, its a risk they are willing to take, laws not withstanding.

Since 1969 how much money have we thrown down the toilet, in regards to the drug war? The answer is not more border patrol, or spending more money. It doesn't work, and never has.
Drug Cartels have a product that is not taxed, and has endless demand, they will always have more money to get around us. And if they are not coming in through Arizona, they will find somewhere else to come in through.
Here in Washington they increased border patrol, because most of BC bud comes across the Washington border. It did nothing to stop the drug from coming, they just found otherways. They even drop bags into Puget Sound with GPS locators on them, which proves you are ever going to stop the drug trade.

Last edited:

What a dumb ass!!!!!! First of all she CAN'T get a driver's license without showing proof of age and when they see she's a Colombian they will ask her for her GREEN CARD. When she CAN'T PRODUCE THAT then she will be asked for her passport or TURNED AWAY. Then if she's stopped for trying to score some basuco on the streets of AZ she will be asked for her ID before she's arrested. If she shows her passport with a valid visa she's OK but accountable for the drug charge....otherwise she's an ILLEGAL ALIEN....but one with one of the nicest asses I've ever seen.

actually, her statement is 100% true. she's not illegal if she has a visitor's visa. yet if she goes down the block for a coffee, she can be arrested and detained.

Now wait a second....let me try to understand this .....Shakira says she can be arrested for NOT having a US driver's license, I counter that since she's got a VISA to be in the US she hasn't a thing to worry about and you say she can still be arrested?

if she doesn't CARRY it she can be arrested if stopped.

that's a given. are you denying that? that's the whole point of the law.

"If this law was already in effect today, for example, I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don't even have my driver's license here. I 'm completely undocumented here," Shakira said

You a lawyer who doesn't know the law? Under federal immigration law you must carry proof of your immigration status.

You a lawyer who doesn't know the law? Under federal immigration law you must carry proof of your immigration status.

Just like Mexico requires for immigrants in Mexico.

If it's good enough for them, why not for the U.S.?

if she doesn't CARRY it she can be arrested if stopped.

that's a given. are you denying that? that's the whole point of the law.

IF SHE DOESN'T CARRY IT. That is the operative phrase in this whole discussion. When my wife entered the United States a few months back she was given a piece of paper by ICE that said she should carry her passport AT ALL TIMES when she's out and about. That's federal law jillian...codified federal law. If Shakira chooses break that law then SHE opened herself up to arrest...NOT the police. Besides...if she's walking down the street to get some coffee and then j-walks or litters she can be stopped....but SHE CANNOT be stopped based solely on walking down the street because she appears to be of hispanic origin. This statement from the left is just fear mongering and outright false. The AZ law does not state this IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

Actually, if you can put aside your race card! All legal immigrants are required to carry thier "papers" at all times. Here is the USC :
8 U.S.C. Sec 1304 (d)(e) states,
"(d) Certificate of alien registration or alien receipt card
Every alien in the United States who has been registered and
fingerprinted under the provisions of the Alien Registration Act,
1940, or under the provisions of this chapter shall be issued a
certificate of alien registration or an alien registration receipt
card in such form and manner and at such time as shall be
prescribed under regulations issued by the Attorney General.
(e) Personal possession of registration or receipt card; penalties
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times
carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate
of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to
him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails
to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of
a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined
not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or
both."

What you mean Arizona didn't just invent this?! Darn!

But When Bush tried to do it you people killed the idea.

Because we people do not want to give illegal aliens amnesty.

Because keeping them illegal is working out so well....
You should really take the logic off your name.

Deporting them would work out a lot better.

Why would you award anyone for breaking our laws? Are we not a nation of laws? Should we not enforce them? Should we simply say well since you illegal fucks don't like our law, we won't enforce it as a matter of fact we'll just give you amnesty for disobeying our law.

You wouldn't know logic if it bit you in your fat ass.

Since 1969 how much money have we thrown down the toilet, in regards to the drug war? The answer is not more border patrol, or spending more money. It doesn't work, and never has.
Drug Cartels have a product that is not taxed, and has endless demand, they will always have more money to get around us. And if they are not coming in through Arizona, they will find somewhere else to come in through.
Here in Washington they increased border patrol, because most of BC bud comes across the Washington border. It did nothing to stop the drug from coming, they just found otherways. They even drop bags into Puget Sound with GPS locators on them, which proves you are ever going to stop the drug trade.

While I do think Luissa to simply spend money to wipe out the drug trade is a fools errand I also think that under-funding our nations border protection and then wonder why it is that drugs freely enter our nation is someone a ironic don't you? While I am fully aware that many wish some drugs to be legalized , so be if if that is the will of the people, but there are some examples in California where this has been a total disaster in terms of crime, drug addiction, murder, etc. I happen to think that funding and enforcement go hand in hand, it is hard to fund our border protection when you care more for restoring salt marsh wetlands and tunnels for turtles to cross under than you do the protection of your nations borders.

All the while murder is kept illegal, murders still happen... all the while theft is still illegal, thefts still happen... guess we give those people amnesty as well and take those laws off the books :rolleyes:

We shouldn't give any illegal alien amnesty! If you are found to be here illegally, then you should be sent back to the your country of origin. Once you are back home in your country, then you may follow the laws of this great country in order to return.

Forum List

Back