Shakira enters Arizona immigration fight

'is that what glen beck told you? y'okie dokie.'

You listen to spitting, tingling leg C. Matthews, crazy Keith O., and boring R. Maddow....ho-hum......and to quote -- y'okie dokie.

'he isn't schooling me at all. he has an opinion. and i can tell you that the law is going to be struck down.'

And I can tell YOU.....it won't. They would have to strike down the federal law also as the AZ law mirrors THAT law.

is that what glen beck told you? y'okie dokie.

Jillian exam the two argument that will be used to shoot down the law.
First, the equal protection clause based on racial or national origin discrimination! What is required for this to disqualify a law?
(1) Discrimination must be on the face of the law. Even the most liberal judge has to find that.
(2) If its not on its face, then you have to prove (a) Discriminatory impact and (b) discriminatory intent! That is a HIGH burden of proof for the Plaintiffs in any case to find. The impact and intent elements must be concrete, not what sensitive people think it is.

Second, argument is the commerce clause argument. Which you will be familar with how the commerce clause was used to combat discrimination in hotels and restaurants. However, I don't think that will be the case here. Since the commerce issue has less impactful and there are no direct discrimination based on race!

Forum List

Back