Shakira enters Arizona immigration fight

Go back and read teh thread muddy.

It is replete with cons saying how they dont care about this person or this group of people.

Im sure your family loves you but you would not gain their further love by sayong you did not care about one or the other.

First of all it would help me a great deal to actually know who the singer is, I had to ask my daughter. Let me see, the mayor of Phoenix, well just so the singer is not mis-informed, Phoenix system of Govt, is not one where the mayor has much power and is more or less the same as any other member of the city council, even to the point where recently Mr. Gordon wanted to sue over the new law and the City council told him that he was not allowed to and if he were to proceed with such a suit that it would withdrawn by the city attorney. Further if the singer had even bothered to read the law and even actually read the executive order the Gov. signed she would have seen that the law and our Gov. expressly forbids any sort of racial profiling and those that engage in it will be punished for it. In fact if she had decided to actully take the time and read the news for herself rather than someone tell her what she should think and act like, she would have ntoiced that in SB-1070 there is even a provision that comes under Federal civil rights statutes. My question for the singer is this, why would someone with so much wealth not be concerned for the endorsed slavery that so many seem to be protecting rather than a law that seeks to enforce existing Federal Law?

no matter what you *think* the protections in the AZ law are, the potential for abuse is beyond measure. i disagree strongly with your assessment of it. I am actually quite appreciative of all the bi-partisan voices speaking against it.

as for shakira

Shakira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jillian, if that is the sole reason for the outcry then I fail to see the came outcry directed at every single law passed by every single state, federal , and local legislature in this nation. I'm sorry jillian, but there is always potential for abuse in every single law ever passed thats a fact, and that abuse is done by the people that engage in it and those people should be held up for scorn and punishment for doing so, not the laws that attempt to fix a a very difficult problem. Those voices you speak of are the same voices that have in the past engaged in that same political football I have been speaking off, one side is for the cheap labor the other side is for the votes. In the middle are the slaves. Want to speak out for someone jillian speak out for the slaves and help create a system that enforces the law that ALL can live by regardless of color, gender, preference. etc.

Oh Im the idiot and you people are teh smart ones becauwe you are constantly looking to tell yet a new group of Americans how much you DONT CARE about them.

Happy Nov you complete idiots.

An illegal immigrant is not an American, new or otherwise. Damn you are one stupid fuck!

It is replete with cons saying how they dont care about this person or this group of people.

Im sure your family loves you but you would not gain their further love by sayong you did not care about one or the other.

The problem is that some of us just think different from you.

Many of us walk the walk...not just talk the talk.

Navy1960 is schooling Jillian, and she's supposed to be a lawyer! She can't understand that the bill that Arizona passed mirrors existing federal law.

My sympathies go out to all her clients, I hope they all get released from jail soon. Lord knows they're probably innocent of any crime, just guilty of having an idiot for council.

Navy1960 is schooling Jillian, and she's supposed to be a lawyer! She can't understand that the bill that Arizona passed mirrors existing federal law.

My sympathies go out to all her clients, I hope they all get released from jail soon. Lord knows they're probably innocent of any crime, just guilty of having an idiot for council.

let the grownups, talk, ijit. :cuckoo:

he isn't schooling me at all. he has an opinion. and i can tell you that the law is going to be struck down.

:thup:

I have a rather simple question for all of those that are under the mistaken impression that this law is somehow racist, which it clearly is not. What would you have Arizona do then? if the Federal Govt. refuses to enforce existing Federal Law and as a result Phoenix has become number 2 in the kidnapping in the world, murders of Americans citizens by illegal immigrants, increased drug traffic, abuse of innocent immigrants. What? I see none of this anger directed at the Federal Govt. that has for years due to it's own apathy allowed this system to become an institution. This is not about race no matter how much people want to make it into one. get a map out, Arizona is close to Mexico, thats a fact that cannot be changed and the vast majority of those that break the immigration laws are from the very country we border, thats a a fact. IT is not racist to suggest that. If Arizona was on the French border and the same thing was happening , the outcry would be the same. What I do not seem to connect with here is that in their efforts to play the race card here, those that support open borders are giving tacit approval to slavery , brutal murder and an unchecked drug trade and thats the real story here.

Absolutely correct! and Hi! where have ya been?? Glad to see you.

he isn't schooling me at all. he has an opinion. and i can tell you that the law is going to be struck down.

On what grounds will it be struck down?

I have a rather simple question for all of those that are under the mistaken impression that this law is somehow racist, which it clearly is not. What would you have Arizona do then? if the Federal Govt. refuses to enforce existing Federal Law and as a result Phoenix has become number 2 in the kidnapping in the world, murders of Americans citizens by illegal immigrants, increased drug traffic, abuse of innocent immigrants. What? I see none of this anger directed at the Federal Govt. that has for years due to it's own apathy allowed this system to become an institution. This is not about race no matter how much people want to make it into one. get a map out, Arizona is close to Mexico, thats a fact that cannot be changed and the vast majority of those that break the immigration laws are from the very country we border, thats a a fact. IT is not racist to suggest that. If Arizona was on the French border and the same thing was happening , the outcry would be the same. What I do not seem to connect with here is that in their efforts to play the race card here, those that support open borders are giving tacit approval to slavery , brutal murder and an unchecked drug trade and thats the real story here.

Absolutely correct! and Hi! where have ya been?? Glad to see you.

Hello Willow, am glad to be back, I have been fully engaged in our nations healthcare system *laughs* . It seems that they got tired of me making noises about the lack of good coffee in that place so they had to let me go!.

yes honey bun and you were one of the first to say Charles Krauthammer didn't know squat about VAT.. either.. :eusa_eh:

yes honey bun and you were one of the first to say Charles Krauthammer didn't know squat about VAT.. either.. :eusa_eh:

is there a VAT I don't know about?

Come on Counselor, address my question. I'm going to be leaving for Phoenix soon and I want to hear your best argument, so I can school you as Navy1960 did.

Now this may sound somewhat off the reservation I suppose for and old Aviator like me speaking of VAT's , but I see nothing wrong at all with putting a VAT on this so called "sin tax" on things that are sold across state lines as a way for paying down the debt so long as the money raised goes for that purpose alone and not into some pet program like over spending for the VH-71 program or any number of the DoD programs I talk about on here not one seems to care about. *laughs* It does sort of illustrate the whole issue though, and that is if Govt. cannot even buy a tanker aircraft in 15 years of trying and pays double for a fighter that is not as good as the one we are exporting for half the price , is it any wonder that immigration is such a mess.

Who cares what Shakira has to say regarding immigration! This is like when I hear actors commenting on political issues. Their comments are normally uneducated and almost always biased.

unless, of course, its a right wing celebrity ... and then you run them for elective office. :thup:

whose comments, specifically, are uneducated? Ahhhhnold's? Bruce Willis'? Ronald Reagan's? Sonny Bono's (when he was alive)? Fred Grandy? :hmmmmmmmmmmmm:

Here's an uneducated statement from a singer named SHAKIRA:
"If this law was already in effect today, for example, I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don't even have my driver's license here. I 'm completely undocumented here," Shakira said
What a dumb ass!!!!!! First of all she CAN'T get a driver's license without showing proof of age and when they see she's a Colombian they will ask her for her GREEN CARD. When she CAN'T PRODUCE THAT then she will be asked for her passport or TURNED AWAY. Then if she's stopped for trying to score some basuco on the streets of AZ she will be asked for her ID before she's arrested. If she shows her passport with a valid visa she's OK but accountable for the drug charge....otherwise she's an ILLEGAL ALIEN....but one with one of the nicest asses I've ever seen.

See how that law works? Quite simple.
64988-1.png

She's obviously biased and not worth listening to.

She's not a citizen...she's not living on the border of Arizona subjected to the crime and violence that the ranchers are.

She's just a singer with no real knowledge of the issue other then she is an alien making a living here.

In effect just another rich asshole talking out of her ass.

This law will do nothing to stop the violence. But I love how you guys keep mentioning the violence as a reason for this law. Has harsher penalities for drug crimes, done anything to stop drug crimes?

Here's an uneducated statement from a singer named SHAKIRA:
"If this law was already in effect today, for example, I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don't even have my driver's license here. I 'm completely undocumented here," Shakira said
What a dumb ass!!!!!! First of all she CAN'T get a driver's license without showing proof of age and when they see she's a Colombian they will ask her for her GREEN CARD. When she CAN'T PRODUCE THAT then she will be asked for her passport or TURNED AWAY. Then if she's stopped for trying to score some basuco on the streets of AZ she will be asked for her ID before she's arrested. If she shows her passport with a valid visa she's OK but accountable for the drug charge....otherwise she's an ILLEGAL ALIEN....but one with one of the nicest asses I've ever seen.

See how that law works? Quite simple.

actually, her statement is 100% true. she's not illegal if she has a visitor's visa. yet if she goes down the block for a coffee, she can be arrested and detained.

the point is that NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO CARRY PAPERS BECAUSE THEY ARE HISPANIC.

Last edited:

The problem is that some of us just think different from you.

Many of us walk the walk...not just talk the talk.

By supporting laws that harm people of color?

yeah right

Forum List

Back