Sgt Shamar Thomas, USMC

The guy is not active duty. He has every right to say what he wants with respect to partisan and/or political issues.

What IS the issue?

So.........lemmie get this straight............you support the military, yet call this Marine who served honorably a "pos"?

First off ya lowborn polish gutter slut, lemmie tell ya something..............

You don't know shit.

I served 20 years in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, of which I also served in no less than 4 war zones, starting with Beruit in '83.

One of the things that the military had drilled into us CONSTANTLY is the Code of Conduct, which dictates how you will carry yourself.

Nope, I think this Marine knows quite a bit more about honor than some sperm smacking goo gobbler such as yourself.
you are right; it WAS drilled into us to conduct ourselves and to not bring disrespect on our service. In any ordinary civil situation in which there was good order this guy would be charged with disorderly conduct as he was engaging in conduct unbecoming a Marine because of a lack of demeanor in how he was conducting or carrying himself in public.

Oh really? Well then, why don't you report him for conduct unbecoming....the guy has honor....apparently you don't like that.

Not my position. My position is to comment on what I saw. His conduct was not exemplary and bordered on hysteria. In the video I failed to see the police hurting those people (as he repeatedly accused them of) unless their presence was a form of harm.

He was dressed in a USMC utility uniform, so he seemed to be passing himself off as an active duty Marine, which we are told he wasn't. He was "uncovered", and if he is still in the reserves he was out of uniform. His conduct seemed lacking of military carriage and to be interfering with the police in the performance of their duty. That's my opinion only and does not carry any legal force.

Last edited:
There you have it, folks.

I support the military, and do appreciate the sacrifices made for me, but I know what's going on here, and this guy's actions are inexcusable.

So.........lemmie get this straight............you support the military, yet call this Marine who served honorably a "pos"?

You don't know shit.

I served 20 years in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, of which I also served in no less than 4 war zones, starting with Beruit in '83.

One of the things that the military had drilled into us CONSTANTLY is the Code of Conduct, which dictates how you will carry yourself.

Nope, I think this Marine knows quite a bit more about honor than some sperm smacking goo gobbler such as yourself.

listen up asshole,

Just because the guy was in the military doesn't give him card blanche to be slandering the NYPD..

I know much more about New York cops than you do, obiously, and every single time there is a major protest here, this kind of propiganda rears its head.

I can tell you for sure, during these protests the police are extra carefull when acting, in large part because of the bullshit, and they only act when necessary.

I support the military, and do appreciate the sacrifices made for me, but I know what's going on here, and this guy's actions are inexcusable.

You don't know shit.

listen up asshole,

Just because the guy was in the military doesn't give him card blanche to be slandering the NYPD..

I know much more about New York cops than you do, obiously, and every single time there is a major protest here, this kind of propiganda rears its head.

I can tell you for sure, during these protests the police are extra carefull when acting, in large part because of the bullshit, and they only act when necessary.

Yea, I'm sure randomly spraying protesters with law enforcement grade pepper spray is necessary.

Face it, you would be yelling at the police if he was doing this during a Tea Party rally.

I know many NYPD and LAPD. They are both exceedingly brutal when it isn't required.

I'm not saying all or even a majority is, but it happens.

You don't know shit.

listen up asshole,

Yea, I'm sure randomly spraying protesters with law enforcement grade pepper spray is necessary.

Face it, you would be yelling at the police if he was doing this during a Tea Party rally.

I know many NYPD and LAPD. They are both exceedingly brutal when it isn't required.

The idea that even one of these officers was ramdomly pepper spraying into the OWS people is laughable.

I would be just as skeptical if the tea party made police brutality claims, but tea party people aren't liars, so they don't such claims.

Last edited:
Not my position. My position is to comment on what I saw. His conduct was not exemplary and bordered on hysteria. In the video I failed to see the police hurting those people (as he repeatedly accused them of) unless their presence was a form of harm. [...]
Although I support the protest (and I am an ex-Marine) I tend to agree with you.

He appeared to be raving hysterically and repetitiously about something which was not apparent in the video clip -- police violence. The cops he was shouting at were passive and were looking at him as if they regarded him as a psycho. The time for him to confront the police that way would be during an occasion of unnecessary police aggression.

Last edited:
Ah,some people still believe we're living in the America of the past. Well guess what? We aint living in the America of the past. This is the new America. It's called 'Police State America.' You can be detained for just about anything these days. And the Government knows what you're doing and where you are at all times. In fact we're all being monitored as we type these funny little political squabbles. You are being tracked and you can't escape. Sound too paranoid for ya? Well think again. America is a changed nation forever. It is very depressing but it's the truth.

You don't know shit.

listen up asshole,

Too bad about that video proof, eh?

you are right; it WAS drilled into us to conduct ourselves and to not bring disrespect on our service. In any ordinary civil situation in which there was good order this guy would be charged with disorderly conduct as he was engaging in conduct unbecoming a Marine because of a lack of demeanor in how he was conducting or carrying himself in public.

Oh really? Well then, why don't you report him for conduct unbecoming....the guy has honor....apparently you don't like that.

Not my position. My position is to comment on what I saw. His conduct was not exemplary and bordered on hysteria. In the video I failed to see the police hurting those people (as he repeatedly accused them of) unless their presence was a form of harm.

He was dressed in a USMC utility uniform, so he seemed to be passing himself off as an active duty Marine, which we are told he wasn't. He was "uncovered", and if he is still in the reserves he was out of uniform. His conduct seemed lacking of military carriage and to be interfering with the police in the performance of their duty. That's my opinion only and does not carry any legal force.

Very true.

You don't know shit.

listen up asshole,

Slandering? Oh Puh-leeze......such a delicate flower. :rolleyes:

You don't know shit.

listen up asshole,

I dont care what the guy says, he still comes off as a whack job.

listen up asshole,

To you. Interesting how he got the cops' attention. And in a good way. Looks like some of them were listening actually.

To you. Interesting how he got the cops' attention. And in a good way. Looks like some of them were listening actually.

havent seen any video just a transcript of remarks. The thing I find comical that it had to be pointed out he was a marine.........

When I see several platoons of former marines in unison will I give it any attention.

As a civilian, Mr. Thomas has a right to assemble and speak at a public protest. I don't know if he tried to pass as an active duty Marine, but others that have identified him as such need to bone up a bit on America's Marine Corps. He is way too chubby with weird facial hair. No way could he be mistaken for a Marine. A former Marine maybe.

Also, I'm not sure as to why he would wear the uniform in such a manner. It has brought too much negative attention to himself. On a couple of military forums I visit, and one Marine specific site, the general opinion is that he presents himself as a douche. There are also people digging into his actual service because some of his story isn't adding up. Personally I don't care one way or another. The First Amendment allows great latitude in self-expression.

Had the camera NOT been there?

The NYPD boys have mobbed this guy for having the unmitigated adacity to call them out for their behavior.

We all know this, right?

Had the camera NOT been there?

The NYPD boys have mobbed this guy for having the unmitigated adacity to call them out for their behavior.

We all know this, right?

Oh, please!!! You know, I would bet a hundred dollars that YOU wouldn't do half the things those cops have to do. AND they do it for less money than most would even consider it. Ever walked into the scene of a suicide where a gun was used and heard the crunching under your boots?

Suppose you're a cop and you are told that these protestors have to get off of the sidewalk and let other citizens pass. You ask them nicely and they don't move? Who's rights have presedence in this? The protestors or the people who want to use the sidewalk to go to work? As a cop, you really don't give a rat's rear end. Typically, it's the city administration who tell the cops that the protestors can congregate here or there or they can't go here or there. You as a cop, have to enforce that. It usually has to do with permits, law, or public safety.

So the protestors are asked to move, and they don't. You order them to move and they don't. Now you have to MOVE THEM. You walk up to a protestor and you tell him to move, and he just stands there. Arms linked with another protestor, one on each side. You grab his arm and you try to unlink them. You think that they're just going to go peacefully? Suppose that he resists? There are techniques that will "convince" him that he should go. Usually, when these are employed, they resist. They resist physically because to unlink the arms, it hurts.

So Ghandi, you are that beat cop. What are YOU going to do?

To think that these poor innocent protestors are just standing there and the cops have nothing better to do than assault one of them, is incredibly stupid. I can ASSURE YOU that the cop wants to be anywhere else. Hell, even cleaning up a traffic wreck or working a domestic would be better than that. But he has a job to do and if he doesn't do that job then he will be in the unemployment line.

So when he "moves" the protestor he has to use physical force. If the protestor resists, the next level is pepper spray. It's best because if the cop gets the protestor in a head lock or an arm bar, every bleeding heart in the world (like you) will be screaming police brutality. The worse part about pepper spray is that it gets everyone in a 20 yard radius. And another thing I can assure you of is that the cops have a detective with a camera recording EVERYTHING that occurs. There will be a hundred lawsuits filed and they want the TRUTH recorded.

God, I cannot believe the level of stupidity that occurs here... Ride along with some cops some time. Preferably longer than one hour and watch what REALLY happens... It might open your eyes sweetheart...

Last edited:
listen up asshole,

The idea that even one of these officers was ramdomly pepper spraying into the OWS people is laughable.

I would be just as skeptical if the tea party made police brutality claims, but tea party people aren't liars, so they don't such claims.

Except (bummer for you), it was videotaped. AP Source: NYC officer violated pepper spray rules - Boston.com

You know, I am just amazed at the level of animosity and ignorance toward a group of people (the cops) that have been put in such a no win situation. I was a cop for 20 years and I have had to deal with my share of ignorance such as that shown on this thread.

Let's remember something. These cops go to work and what they really want is to just go home at the end of their shift. Only the military, in the time of war, have to deal with the fact that there are those who want to kill them for no other reason than they are cops. One of the first things that every cop does is they put on a 5 pound bullet proof vest. Once they get their shirt on over that vest, they put on a weapon. Hopefully, for God's sake, that weapon and that vest is NEVER used. You go to work and you pray that today, just today, I want to go through my shift and I want to go home. I don't want to hurt anyone and for God's sake, I don't want to get hurt. And let's not forget that we have decided that cops are now exempt from the double jeopardy clause. Things that YOU take days to sort out, cops have sometimes less than a second to analyze. If you're unlucky enough to be put into a situation that may turn out to be bad, a jury of your peers finding you innocent DOESN'T mean its over. Now you get to be tried for violating their civil rights as well. Did OJ or Casey Anthony get tried for violating someone's civil rights? No, that's reserved for cops.

You see some incredible stuff. You want to know how insanely brutal man can be to his fellow man? Ask a cop. You want to see a waste of life that has no sense of logic? Ask a cop. Are their bad cops? Oh yeah, and there are people in prison right now that used to be cops that I helped put there. I would do it every day. I had zero tolerance for those that couldn't shoulder the burdens of putting that badge on every day. I've also went to too many funerals for cops. Some killed by maggots and others who took their own lifes.

People in the military come home and they have PTSD. Cops deal with the same shit for 20 years. The military gets into fire fights and so do cops. I've seen people commit suicide by cop and it affects those cops for years. Even if it's a righteous shoot, the civil repercutions linger for decades and can devastate those cops and their families. Sometimes, even lies and fabrications can be simply disasterous. Tawana Brawley anyone?

Sometimes you have nightmares. A two year old accidentally gets run over by her mother while she was backing out of the driveway. She didn't see her, she thought she was in the house with the dad. You get there and the mother and father is begging you, please, please... just make her okay. But her head is crushed by the tire. Or you get to go see a mother and father at 3AM on Christmas morning. I'm sorry, but a drunk driver crossed over the center line and hit your only daughters car head on. The drunk walked away, but your only daughter is dead. And the mother hits you... screaming that you are lying to her.

Your ignorance is appalling...

You know, I am just amazed at the level of animosity and ignorance toward a group of people (the cops) that have been put in such a no win situation. I was a cop for 20 years and I have had to deal with my share of ignorance such as that shown on this thread.

Let's remember something. These cops go to work and what they really want is to just go home at the end of their shift. Only the military, in the time of war, have to deal with the fact that there are those who want to kill them for no other reason than they are cops. One of the first things that every cop does is they put on a 5 pound bullet proof vest. Once they get their shirt on over that vest, they put on a weapon. Hopefully, for God's sake, that weapon and that vest is NEVER used. You go to work and you pray that today, just today, I want to go through my shift and I want to go home. I don't want to hurt anyone and for God's sake, I don't want to get hurt. And let's not forget that we have decided that cops are now exempt from the double jeopardy clause. Things that YOU take days to sort out, cops have sometimes less than a second to analyze. If you're unlucky enough to be put into a situation that may turn out to be bad, a jury of your peers finding you innocent DOESN'T mean its over. Now you get to be tried for violating their civil rights as well. Did OJ or Casey Anthony get tried for violating someone's civil rights? No, that's reserved for cops.

You see some incredible stuff. You want to know how insanely brutal man can be to his fellow man? Ask a cop. You want to see a waste of life that has no sense of logic? Ask a cop. Are their bad cops? Oh yeah, and there are people in prison right now that used to be cops that I helped put there. I would do it every day. I had zero tolerance for those that couldn't shoulder the burdens of putting that badge on every day. I've also went to too many funerals for cops. Some killed by maggots and others who took their own lifes.

People in the military come home and they have PTSD. Cops deal with the same shit for 20 years. The military gets into fire fights and so do cops. I've seen people commit suicide by cop and it affects those cops for years. Even if it's a righteous shoot, the civil repercutions linger for decades and can devastate those cops and their families. Sometimes, even lies and fabrications can be simply disasterous. Tawana Brawley anyone?

Sometimes you have nightmares. A two year old accidentally gets run over by her mother while she was backing out of the driveway. She didn't see her, she thought she was in the house with the dad. You get there and the mother and father is begging you, please, please... just make her okay. But her head is crushed by the tire. Or you get to go see a mother and father at 3AM on Christmas morning. I'm sorry, but a drunk driver crossed over the center line and hit your only daughters car head on. The drunk walked away, but your only daughter is dead. And the mother hits you... screaming that you are lying to her.

Your ignorance is appalling...

I feel you, alot of the times police officers are put in lose/lose situations but you know what I am glad they are there, the police are the thin line that keeps us from descending into chaos like in Somalia, I definently appreciate their hard work.

Last edited:
there are scumbags in every branch of the service - this particular sgt. Shamar guy, just happens to be in the marines. I am sure his gunny has him guarding some gate in the middle of bum-fuck quantico right now. There, he'll have time to ponder why he's a corporal now.

+2

Forum List

Back