Settle the question

Can you call yourself a Christian and still support gay rights? i.e. marraige/adoptio

• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No one ever said that Jesus ever said anything against gays, because there's no proof that he said anything. Only second hand (or more) hearsay.

No you cannot support things such as Gay Marriage and Gays adopting children or abortion and still call yourself a Christian, its hypocrisy, some people either don't know the scriptures as well as they think they do or are just in denial. Now thats not to say all Gay rights are hated by Christians or that gays themselves are because i believe gays should get all the rights they deserve and that includes being Gay however men cannot have children by themselves neither can women, things like marriage and children are heterosexual in nature.

Is it possible to support gay rights and still be a Christian?

There is no such thing as ‘gay rights,’ as homosexuals have the same rights as everyone else, including equal protection of the law, such as marriage.

Consequently, a Christian can support equal treatment of homosexuals under the law, in accordance with the Constitution, while privately practicing the tenets of his faith concerning homosexuality.

Of course, but marriage and adoption are not "rights."

Incorrect as to marriage, as it is indeed a fundamental right.

And although adoption is not a right, courts have held that laws denying a homosexual the opportunity to adopt a child manifests an equal protection violation. See, e.g., Florida Dept. of Children & Families v. Adoption of X.X.G (2010).

Supporting gay rights to me doesn't have anything to do with either being a Christian or not being a Christian. I think being queer is wrong and it pisses me off for gay rights to be shoved down my throat and accepted as if it is normal behavior.

There is no such thing as ‘gay rights,’ as homosexuals have the same rights as everyone else, including equal protection of the law, such as marriage.

Consequently, a Christian can support equal treatment of homosexuals under the law, in accordance with the Constitution, while privately practicing the tenets of his faith concerning homosexuality.

Of course, but marriage and adoption are not "rights."

Incorrect as to marriage, as it is indeed a fundamental right.

And although adoption is not a right, courts have held that laws denying a homosexual the opportunity to adopt a child manifests an equal protection violation. See, e.g., Florida Dept. of Children & Families v. Adoption of X.X.G (2010).
Only heterosexuals have the right to marry. Anything else is an abomination.

First, i highly doubt this is going to settle the question.

Second, simply being a Christian doesnt mean one is perfect or one is following Christ like they should.

Third, to answer the question, it would depend on the specific rights we are talking about.

Of course it is. When Jesus was asked what is the greatest commandment, He said "Love God above all else, and love one another like you love God."

Gender wasn't specified.

And............fwiw...........David and Jonathan had a legal same sex union recognized by the nation of Israel.

Of course it is. When Jesus was asked what is the greatest commandment, He said "Love God above all else, and love one another like you love God."

Gender wasn't specified.

And............fwiw...........David and Jonathan had a legal same sex union recognized by the nation of Israel.

To be precise, Jews are not Christians.

A Christian cannot support same sex marriage and still be a Christian. They have rejected one of the foremost tenets of the Christian Church. Adoption on the other hand has no prohibitions. Gays are not bad people who should not adopt children. Christians should not recognize that same sex relationships are normal and beneficial to anyone beyond the relationship itself.

Gender wasn't specified.

To be precise, Jews are not Christians.

A Christian cannot support same sex marriage and still be a Christian. They have rejected one of the foremost tenets of the Christian Church. Adoption on the other hand has no prohibitions. Gays are not bad people who should not adopt children. Christians should not recognize that same sex relationships are normal and beneficial to anyone beyond the relationship itself.

Hey stupid...............you DO realize that Jesus (the person Christians base their religion on) was Jewish, right?

I have a question for those Christians that think you can be a Christian and support gay marriage.
What do you do when you come to these verses, do you scratch them out?

Heb. 13:8. - "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever,"

Leviticus 18:4 - Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I [am] the LORD your God. ...
Jude 1:7: - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

What about a person's right to love a sheep? They are warm, snuggly and don't bitch much.
Will we then adapt God's thinking to the more politically correct, accepting, going with the flow?
Be careful, Paul warned of “dishonest” people who "handle" the word of God deceitfully” (II Cor. 4:2)

More importantly, if you think for a moment that any of us have the right to judge homosexuals, then scratch out the verse that tells us that we will be judged to the extent we judge homosexuals/others......
Homosexuality wasn't even the reason God obliterated Gomorrah, it was bad manners and bestiality. Those men wanted those angels. Homosexuality was a secondary example of how not to act.

As far as the acting on our desires of the flesh, there's this: "put your flesh to death daily" and "if thy right eyes offends thee pluck it out." < note that the offense affects us negatively enough that blindness here is better than our eternity(with sight) lost. Doing so is considered a sacrifice to God. And how much has He sacrificed for us?
Jesus showed us just how important eyes are, and sex is, vs. eternity.
^
And that goes for homosexuals and the person that stole a tool from work on Fri, so....
As far as what Government decrees, That's between God and Goats. Nations will be judged.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back