Seriously...What is The Deal with Abortion?

Six weeks later? After she missed her cycle she stopped it. A wise precaution. Nine months after the baby is born and the male has to cough up the cash for the next 18 years. Now if you don’t like this, all the male has to do is keep his pecker in his pocket. That’s all. But of course we put all the responsibility on the female. We in a height of hypocrisy demand the woman not behave like a slut. But we don’t address the behavior of the men.

My plan does. Bankrupt the bastards.

Teach them to wait until marriage. Teach them to keep their dicks dry and they won’t have to give one fifth of their income to a woman for the pleasure of one night.

But no, we’ll keep putting it on the woman as if she somehow becomes pregnant by immaculate conception.

Fuck that. Take a fifth of their money and make sure that it’s public record. So when they decide to run for office, or try for something else, it’s discovered that they are responsible for a child, or two, or three that they never did the “right” thing about.
Why don't we let the father take the baby, and then he can sue her for 18 years for child support?

And if abortions were totally outlawed (which in Latin one might refer to as the status quo ante - the way things used to be), MOST of the affected women would merely and painlessly change their reproductive behavior to adapt.

First, "the way things used to be" was not a total ban on abortion. It was left to the states. Some outlawed it to varying degrees, while others legalized it.

Second, like you, I assumed that the number of abortions in the US prior to Roe v Wade was substantially less than after.

I was mistaken. As I approached my research with an admittedly confirmation bias, I was surprised to discover the number of abortions in America prior to Roe v. Wade was the same as after!

Aside from rape, there is no reason for any woman to become pregnant in this country, if she actually does not want to get pregnant. And certainly, organizations like Planned Parenthood would make contraception, sterilization, and meaningful advice available to all.
Planned Parenthood already does this. Contraception is ubiquitous and free to low income women.

As I have pointed out many times, according to the pro-choice Guttmacher Insitute, nearly half of all abortions are the result of NO birth control being used during sex, and another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

Therefore, abortions could be drastically reduced if we could just get people to use contraception. I have very little pity for a woman who does not use birth control and then demands an abortion. Just like I have very little pity for someone who refuses to get vaccinated and then dies from Covid.

As it should be
Abortion is a last resort decision among women.
For half the women who get an abortion, it is their method of birth control. Not a last resort. It's their first.

Instead of using contraception, they throw caution to the wind and decide to get an abortion if they get pregnant.

Isn't it a wonder to behold how the left can find SO MANY WAYS to ignore the very simplest fact? Basically, what they're saying is that recreational sex is a constitutional right, and all other considerations be damned.
r8844bl7zpm71.jpg

the constitution says no state can prohibit a woman from making her decision.

This is one of the best arguments I have come across to keep abortion fully legal.

Forum List

Back