Serious Question for Lefties (re: separation of kids at border):

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Why do you suppose that our border forces are separating kids from the adults with whom they arrived at the border?

I would like a serious answer. "You" claim that the practice is evil and inhumane, and of course you infer that the evil and inhumane policy originated in the Trump White House. Because the President is evil.

But seriously, why do you suppose that we separate kids from adults at the border?

Why do you suppose that our border forces are separating kids from the adults with whom they arrived at the border?

I would like a serious answer. "You" claim that the practice is evil and inhumane, and of course you infer that the evil and inhumane policy originated in the Trump White House. Because the President is evil.

But seriously, why do you suppose that we separate kids from adults at the border?
It isn't the separating kids from their incarcerated parents, in itself, that is the problem. The nasty bit is that by changing policy to require that all those parents be incarcerated, it is leading to an unprecedented number of children being separated from their parents instead of releasing those families to await their hearings.

The policy is driving the separations and of course we know that Trump's administration did it to discourage the droves of immigrants flooding our borders because they SAID SO.

So, is there some portion of that which confuses you?

Big mistake expecting "serious" answers from Leftists.

The nasty bit is that by changing policy to require that all those parents be incarcerated

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.09.24 PM.jpg

It isn't the separating kids from their incarcerated parents, in itself, that is the problem. The nasty bit is that by changing policy to require that all those parents be incarcerated, it is leading to an unprecedented number of children being separated from their parents instead of releasing those families to await their hearings.

The policy is driving the separations and of course we know that Trump's administration did it to discourage the droves of immigrants flooding our borders because they SAID SO.

The policy started with obama.
The policy won't be changed because the democrats are the ones that need to change it, but they won't because they love it happening so they can go on the democrat propaganda wing media and use it as an issue to fire up their base.

What part about that don't you get?

The policy started with obama.
The policy won't be changed because the democrats are the ones that need to change it, but they won't because they love it happening so they can go on the democrat propaganda wing media and use it as an issue to fire up their base.

What part about that don't you get?
<<"The policy started with obama.">>

Refresh my memory, please. When did the previous admin start separating children from parents or guardians, transporting parents away or deporting them, and holding the kids from infants to teens in squalid camps indefinitely?

Because you are assholes

You really expect an answer from them that makes sense? Hard to make feelings make sense.

so going by your feelings we should let a large number out of our prisons because they are separated from family. We have verified reports that there are numerous children being brought across the border that are not related to those crossing the border. Would you have them just abandoned on the street or forced into prostitution? There is a portion who were previously allowed to walk off never to appear for any court date, how do we know who will or won't just simply disappear? Go by feeling.

because it is evil and inhumane

because the only crime these people committed was wanting to save their families from being slaughtered at home and hopefully have a better life

but...
your question;
"But seriously, why do you suppose that we separate kids from adults at the border?"

obviously it is because you enjoy it!

hurting people, beating people, killing them, lynching them, dragging them behind cars and tearing families apart are things you enjoy doing.

I'll take a gold star for having the most correct answer.

Suspicion confirmed. Leftists are idiots. Only anytime... was willing to tell the truth, and it is a sophomoric idiotic truth.

Kids are separated for a couple of good reasons. First, many of the kids are NOT the children of the adults who brought them. It is well known in the shit-hole countries of Central America that you have a better chance of being admitted if you have a kid or kids with you.

Second, many of those held at the border are criminals. They are drug traffickers, human traffickers, murderers, rapists, you name it. There is no way that the situation can be controlled sufficiently to protect children if they were all housed together. If these kids were harmed while in U.S. custody it would be a humanitarian and PR catastrophe.

There is nothing "political" about these factors, but one has to be a cogent adult to recognize them, which leaves out today's Leftists.

Suspicion confirmed. Leftists are idiots. Only anytime... was willing to tell the truth, and it is a sophomoric idiotic truth.

Kids are separated for a couple of good reasons. First, many of the kids are NOT the children of the adults who brought them. It is well known in the shit-hole countries of Central America that you have a better chance of being admitted if you have a kid or kids with you.

Second, many of those held at the border are criminals. They are drug traffickers, human traffickers, murderers, rapists, you name it. There is no way that the situation can be controlled sufficiently to protect children if they were all housed together. If these kids were harmed while in U.S. custody it would be a humanitarian and PR catastrophe.

There is nothing "political" about these factors, but one has to be a cogent adult to recognize them, which leaves out today's Leftists.
DGS, since you are not a 'leftist', may I assume you think yourself cogent and superior? Because it looks like this post is filled with presumed scenarios by someone who hasn't been there.

Yes, you’re right. He does want to discourage/ stop ILLEGAL immigration. Does that offend you?

Also, it doesn't appear to be working. Border crossings are at record levels. I wonder what we should do if a policy doesn't work?

because it is evil and inhumane

because the only crime these people committed was wanting to save their families from being slaughtered at home and hopefully have a better life

but...
your question;
"But seriously, why do you suppose that we separate kids from adults at the border?"

obviously it is because you enjoy it!

hurting people, beating people, killing them, lynching them, dragging them behind cars and tearing families apart are things you enjoy doing.

I'll take a gold star for having the most correct answer.

So you’re saying we shouldn’t have immigration laws at all. To have for some and not for others is Racist. No compassion for those who were raped, murdered, robbed by them.
Oh, I forgot..,,, MS. 13 among others

Also, it doesn't appear to be working. Border crossings are at record levels. I wonder what we should do if a policy doesn't work?

Build the Wall

The nasty bit is that by changing policy to require that all those parents be incarcerated

View attachment 268388
So haven't we made enough money on those fines to build the Wall yet? Aren't they catching half a million per day or something?

CHANGE IT.

Why are they being held and not immediately sent home?

CHANGE IT.
And reconsider my ideology? NEVER!

View attachment 268388
So haven't we made enough money on those fines to build the Wall yet? Aren't they catching half a million per day or something?

Can't collect what people don't have. Any of these people look like they are carrying 5K on them?

Forum List

Back