Serious question for atheists.

And I would appreciate a serious answer.

If there was absolute proof that God exists, would you worship Him? No commemtary required. Just a simple yes or no.
EDIT: I'M REFERRING TO THE CHRISTIAN GOD IN THE BIBLE.

If God himself descended from the heavens and showed himself and his powers. Then yes I would worship him. Because it would be evidence.

But that hasn't happened and probably will never happen.
How would you worship him? I think it’s just a word to you.

Well that would be up to God. If he were real and he showed himself then he would tell me how to worship him.

Well that would be up to God. If he were real and he showed himself then he would tell me how to worship him.
If we seek, we shall find, and worshiping God is no greater and no less than striving for excellence in all of our decisions and in what we do. Kindness and mercy towards others (even in our driving) is always a good start if one wishes to worship God and His ways.

Matter is composed of energy. It all started as sub atomic particles.

It can’t be cyclical because the same force that compressed the universe would have kept it compressed.

Not to mention cyclical universes violate the SLoT.
Matter is composed of energy. It all started as sub atomic particles.

It can’t be cyclical because the same force that compressed the universe would have kept it compressed.

under compression matter reverts to energy - when there is no matter remaining the cyclical event reverts freed sub atomic energy back to matter. BB.
Link?

In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object, such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet. Normally, orbit refers to a regularly repeating trajectory, although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory.

- although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory.

the boomerang theory is to obscure to have a link ... what is the "non-repeating trajectory" of the individual galaxies ...

also bing, one hiccup and all your laws of nature disappear in a nanosecond, as only expressing a settled result w/ undetectable variances excluded without evidence.
Too obscure to have a link? Did you make it up?

Existence would disappear in a blink of God’s eye if He so willed it. Short of that the laws of nature aren’t going anywhere.
"Existence would disappear in a blink of God’s eye if He so willed it" Got any proof, and A LINK?
None that you would accept.

How would you worship him? I think it’s just a word to you.

If we seek, we shall find, and worshiping God is no greater and no less than striving for excellence in all of our decisions and in what we do. Kindness and mercy towards others (even in our driving) is always a good start if one wishes to worship God and His ways.

Well that would be up to God. If they were real and they showed themself then they would tell me how to worship them.

the two above 88 worship a 4th century book of forgeries and remain in the state of denial greater than their perception of adam and eve ... idolatry by any standard is forbidden.

the metaphysical is void of worship and everything about perfection, personal triumph in pursuit if so desired of continuing life in the Everlasting.

I don't need God in my life to be kind. It's called being a human being.

And let's not kid ourselves here. According to religious dogma, being kind isn't enough. Every religion says if you don't follow such and such religious book, then you're going to hell.

under compression matter reverts to energy - when there is no matter remaining the cyclical event reverts freed sub atomic energy back to matter. BB.
Link?

In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object, such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet. Normally, orbit refers to a regularly repeating trajectory, although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory.

- although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory.

the boomerang theory is to obscure to have a link ... what is the "non-repeating trajectory" of the individual galaxies ...

also bing, one hiccup and all your laws of nature disappear in a nanosecond, as only expressing a settled result w/ undetectable variances excluded without evidence.
Too obscure to have a link? Did you make it up?

Existence would disappear in a blink of God’s eye if He so willed it. Short of that the laws of nature aren’t going anywhere.
"Existence would disappear in a blink of God’s eye if He so willed it" Got any proof, and A LINK?
None that you would accept.
So you have nothing. Got it.

I don't need God in my life to be kind. It's called being a human being.
In that respect, we don't need anyone in our lives to be a human being. Without my husband and daughters, I would still be a human being. However, I feel I am richer for them. The same can be said of God, that we don't need Him in our daily lives, but I find my life is richer for knowing Him. God calls us and encourages us to be the best we can be.

And let's not kid ourselves here. According to religious dogma, being kind isn't enough. Every religion says if you don't follow such and such religious book, then you're going to hell.
Not true. The Catholic Catechism discusses this. First it notes that God has an everlasting covenant with Jews. It goes on to say that Christ gave Christians a mission to take the Good News and all he taught to the world--that it is The Way to the Kingdom of God. Now, the Catholic Church can promise its teachings--handed down by the Apostles from Christ--are The Way to the Kingdom of God, because we have Christ's promise that they are. The Church has the authority to proclaim this.

However, the Catholic Church has no authority to promise those of other denominations, religions and faiths that their particular teachings are also The Way to the Kingdom of God. The Catechism states that the Church hands down what Jesus taught, and those who follow other paths are left in the loving and merciful hands of God. And yes, this includes agnostics and atheists who may also be following the ways of God, yet do not have a belief in God. Having no belief is much different than rejecting God and His ways.

Not true. The Catholic Catechism discusses this. First it notes that God has an everlasting covenant with Jews. It goes on to say that Christ gave Christians a mission to take the Good News and all he taught to the world--that it is The Way to the Kingdom of God. Now, the Catholic Church can promise its teachings--handed down by the Apostles from Christ--are The Way to the Kingdom of God, because we have Christ's promise that they are. The Church has the authority to proclaim this.

However, the Catholic Church has no authority to promise those of other denominations, religions and faiths that their particular teachings are also The Way to the Kingdom of God. The Catechism states that the Church hands down what Jesus taught, and those who follow other paths are left in the loving and merciful hands of God. And yes, this includes agnostics and atheists who may also be following the ways of God, yet do not have a belief in God. Having no belief is much different than rejecting God and His ways.
Did god choose the Jews as his Chosen People because he liked the way they smell when they're cooking in an oven?

generatedtext.jpg

generatedtext.jpg

generatedtext.jpg

upload_2019-6-28_16-10-53.png
(Presbyterian)

Hold on! you now must lead 1958 Presbyterian Church of Hawaii. Native Hawaiian! USA USA USA

Did god choose the Jews as his Chosen People because he liked the way they smell when they're cooking in an oven?
It’s because they had a tradition of passing down their history orally from generation to generation.

. As opposed to the ones who didn’t.
Which was none of them.
Where’s their genealogies again?
Mostly contained in their vivid imaginations,just like the jews.
Except it was written down by the Jews because it was passed down orally for thousands of years. They are the only one to pass down their history for thousands of years.

That we can prove. You can’t prove any other did so because they have no written record.

Forum List

Back