September 1

just rabbit and squirel here. but its at least something!
and you damn sure know im getting my deer this year.

Time to oil up the gun and blast some doves. Then to get permission to flush out some pheasants after a few weeks. The population looks higher than I can ever remember it being. Of course, they will all disappear come opening day. I drew a pronghorn permit this year, so that's something to look forward to. If we can actually get some snow, there might be pretty damn good waterfowlin' here.

Deer, bear, duck, pheasant, partridge and who knows what else. Bow, crossbow, rifle, shotgun, and black powder. The only fly in the ointment up here will be the weather; it is supposed to be a wild winter for the NE this year.

popefumanchu said:
Time to oil up the gun and blast some doves. Then to get permission to flush out some pheasants after a few weeks. The population looks higher than I can ever remember it being. Of course, they will all disappear come opening day. I drew a pronghorn permit this year, so that's something to look forward to. If we can actually get some snow, there might be pretty damn good waterfowlin' here.

We plant a large dove field every year. We had a shoot yesterday and it was awesome. Nothing I like better than hunting with my labrador retriever and watching her do her thing. This was the first of twenty or so hunts I will attend over the next few weeks. I am in heaven.

I hunted 23 acres of sunflower yesterday and limited and then some in two hours. I'm hunting at least every 3 days this year. Going to go on a early season teal hunt in two weks after getting some of these resident geeese around here not to mention the doves.

OCA said:
I hunted 23 acres of sunflower yesterday and limited and then some in two hours. I'm hunting at least every 3 days this year. Going to go on a early season teal hunt in two weks after getting some of these resident geeese around here not to mention the doves.

Ive now been three days in a row and there are a lot of birds here. We also have a large goose population around so I keep some 3" mags in the bag in case they wander in too close. I love shooting teal, they are like little fighter jets they are so fast. Good luck on your hunts OCA!!!

Forum List

Back