Pricing Guns to sell

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Have decided to sell my Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 guage and my Model 1891 7.65 argentine mauser. Any one know a good site to go to in order to get an idea what to ask for them?

dilloduck said:
Have decided to sell my Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 guage and my Model 1891 7.65 argentine mauser. Any one know a good site to go to in order to get an idea what to ask for them?

I have a friend that deals in firearms - well, did. The FBI just busted him for selling too many without the proper licenses. Anyway, believe it or not, check on ebay to see if any are listed there. It might give you a good idea. (Does eBay allow arms dealing..... hmmmmm)

Hell, I guess my answer is, "sorry, I don't know".

freeandfun1 said:
I have a friend that deals in firearms - well, did. The FBI just busted him for selling too many without the proper licenses. Anyway, believe it or not, check on ebay to see if any are listed there. It might give you a good idea. (Does eBay allow arms dealing..... hmmmmm)

Thanks---I'll check em out--guess I can always price em high and drop until they sell.

If you have access to a Blue Book or kow someone who has one, that would give you a pretty good start.

I have a mild interest in guns myself. Some of the Argentine stuff can be pretty interesting. As for the shotgun, the most I have seen is around $450 on various websites.

freeandfun1 said:

You can sell them on EBAY however you will have to break them down and sell them seperatly. That I know for a fact, I had listed a muzzleloader and all accessories on there at one time and did not know this. They canceled my auction. I had some good bids going too I was pissed!

But if you look at other auctions selling the same thing you will see there are ways of listing it and not actually having to sell it in 2 seperate auctions.

It's called working the system!

khafley said:
You can sell them on EBAY however you will have to break them down and sell them seperatly. That I know for a fact, I had listed a muzzleloader and all accessories on there at one time and did not know this. They canceled my auction. I had some good bids going too I was pissed!

But if you look at other auctions selling the same thing you will see there are ways of listing it and not actually having to sell it in 2 seperate auctions.

It's called working the system!

oooooooooo that gun control makes me so mad! :blowup: :finger3:

dilloduck said:
oooooooooo that gun control makes me so mad! :blowup: :finger3:
Dillo....Dogs, Cats..animals get "Mad" we get angry...I think you're a we..can't tell
cuz of the beard though...:rotflmao:

I've been looking around on the net for ya too...You reminded me that I also have a rifle I should sell. I haven't found a thing as far as what guns are worth, other than
the buy this book and we'll tell ya, stuff.

Forum List

Back