Senate gone, Obama seats nominees

the Uniter Strikes again.

By GLENN THRUSH & MANU RAJU & CAROL E. LEE | 3/26/10 5:25 PM EDT
Updated: 3/27/10 3:39 PM EDTText Size- + reset

Reid is willing to accept the appointment of union-friendly lawyers.
AP

President Barack Obama has elected to bypass the Senate and unilaterally install 15 nominees, including the controversial Craig Becker to serve on the National Labor Relations Board, a move sure to infuriate Republicans..

The decision to install Becker - who was rejected by a GOP filibuster last month - is certain to enflame Republicans opposed to his ties to labor unions. Obama also installed Mark Pearce - another nominee favored by unions - to serve on the board.

Read more: Senate gone, Obama seats nominees - Glenn Thrush and Manu Raju and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
Woo hoo, Obama's had enough of Con's hissy fits.

Jealous of the left using the right's tricks?
You are getting Bolton Dammit!

Remind me again what Obama said during his campaign about open, transparent government. And something about cleaning up DC?

For the record, lots of us disapproved of it from the GOP. We disapprove of it from the Dems.

How much longer do we have to wait before fools realize that the 'mommy, he did it too' defense is no longer an acceptable justification for crapping on "We, the People"?

How much longer does the President have to wait to fill his appointments? He's been in office over a year. The 'crapping on We, the people' is handicapping the agencies these people will work for...

President George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments; President Clinton made 139.

Bush policy my fricken ass.....Bush II Clinton Bush I Reagan Carter....and on and on....don't even try that shit.

So I guess there's nothing to complain about then, eh?

I'm not complaining...why are you?

Because I think it's shady business.

POTUS shouldn't be seating appointees in recess and IMO Senators shouldn't be allowed to block appointees to the point where recess appointees are necessary to seat them. Just have a damn vote and be done with it.

Jealous of the left using the right's tricks?
You are getting Bolton Dammit!

Remind me again what Obama said during his campaign about open, transparent government. And something about cleaning up DC?

For the record, lots of us disapproved of it from the GOP. We disapprove of it from the Dems.

How much longer do we have to wait before fools realize that the 'mommy, he did it too' defense is no longer an acceptable justification for crapping on "We, the People"?

How much longer does the President have to wait to fill his appointments? He's been in office over a year. The 'crapping on We, the people' is handicapping the agencies these people will work for...

President George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments; President Clinton made 139.

thanks for the confirmation that you're a hack, not that there was much doubt.

:thup:

Forum List

Back