Senate gone, Obama seats nominees

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
the Uniter Strikes again.

By GLENN THRUSH & MANU RAJU & CAROL E. LEE | 3/26/10 5:25 PM EDT
Updated: 3/27/10 3:39 PM EDTText Size- + reset

Reid is willing to accept the appointment of union-friendly lawyers.
AP

President Barack Obama has elected to bypass the Senate and unilaterally install 15 nominees, including the controversial Craig Becker to serve on the National Labor Relations Board, a move sure to infuriate Republicans..

The decision to install Becker - who was rejected by a GOP filibuster last month - is certain to enflame Republicans opposed to his ties to labor unions. Obama also installed Mark Pearce - another nominee favored by unions - to serve on the board.

Read more: Senate gone, Obama seats nominees - Glenn Thrush and Manu Raju and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Jealous of the left using the right's tricks?
You are getting Bolton Dammit!

Remind me again what Obama said during his campaign about open, transparent government. And something about cleaning up DC?

For the record, lots of us disapproved of it from the GOP. We disapprove of it from the Dems.

How much longer do we have to wait before fools realize that the 'mommy, he did it too' defense is no longer an acceptable justification for crapping on "We, the People"?

Oh, he's transparent alright - a true totalitarian thug to the core.

So Bush does it, and the left whines and gnashes teeth.

Obama does it, and all of a sudden it's "B-b-b-b-but Boooooosh did it tooooo". While Republicans whine about their tactics being used against them.

Get real, quit excusifying and stop the hypocrisy. Either it's wrong or it's right.

My view:
I think that in both cases it is a power that the executive can and should have. Especially considering that the appointees have to go through the whole congressional approval thing next time around. So no big whoop. The only thing that chaps me is the whole "Hopey Changey, most transparent etc. etc. etc.". If you whined and complained about Bush doing it, then you shouldn't do it.

Hmmm ... Obama carrying on another Bush policy ... what a shock ... not.

I'm sure the OP was all kinds of up in arms about this back when Bush did it :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
It's embarassing that we have such low class in the white house now.

Obama Makes 15 Recess Appointments - CBS News

WASHINGTON, March 27, 2010
Obama Makes 15 Recess Appointments
President Scolds Senate GOP for Stalling Confirmation Votes on Nominees

(CBS/AP) President Barack Obama is making 15 recess appointments, and blaming Senate Republicans for forcing his hand.

In a written statement, President Obama said the positions include key members of his economic team, as well as members of the National Labor Relations Board, and the head of Customs and Board Protection.

Mr. Obama said the Senate has the responsibility to accept or reject his nominees, but that Republicans won't even do that.

"The United States Senate has the responsibility to approve or disapprove of my nominees," the president said in a statement. "But if, in the interest of scoring political points, Republicans in the Senate refuse to exercise that responsibility, I must act in the interest of the American people and exercise my authority to fill these positions on an interim basis.

Mr. Obama said most of those named today have already been approved by Senate committees, but have been waiting for votes by the Senate for, on average, seven months.
<more>

Hmmm ... Obama carrying on another Bush policy ... what a shock ... not.

I'm sure the OP was all kinds of up in arms about this back when Bush did it :rolleyes:

This conservative was.

Last time I checked, two wrongs did not make a right. Pity that so few - on either 'side - see that.

he has every right to do so. President Bush needed to when Democrats refused to allow judges to be voted on.

Welcome to politics in the 21st century.........

It ain't pretty and the country loses in the end

Forum List

Back