Sen. Brown Calls On Elisabeth Warren To Come Clean over claiming to be a minority

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Scott Brown calls on Warren camp to ‘come clean’ - BostonHerald.com

Despite claiming she never used her Native American heritage when applying for a job, Elizabeth Warren’s campaign admitted last night the Democrat listed her minority status in professional directories for years when she taught at the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania.

From 1986 to 1995, Warren’s name is included in the Association of American Law Schools’ annual directory of minority law teachers, according to records obtained by the Herald.

The campaign for GOP U.S. Sen. Scott Brown last night called for Warren to “come clean.”

“This story raises serious questions about Elizabeth Warren’s credibility. The record now shows Prof. Warren did claim to be a ‘minority,’ and that she attempted to mislead the public about these facts when she was first asked about the issue last week,” said Brown spokesman Jim Barnett. “Prof. Warren needs to come clean about her motivations for making these claims and explain the contradictions between her rhetoric and the record.”

I think this does have a bit of traction nationally. However, I do not think it will make a big difference here locally and local is what really matters.

What do you guys on the USMB think about it?

Despite claiming she never used her Native American heritage when applying for a job, Elizabeth Warren’s campaign admitted last night the Democrat listed her minority status in professional directories for years when she taught at the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania.

From 1986 to 1995, Warren’s name is included in the Association of American Law Schools’ annual directory of minority law teachers, according to records obtained by the Herald.

The campaign for GOP U.S. Sen. Scott Brown last night called for Warren to “come clean.”

“This story raises serious questions about Elizabeth Warren’s credibility. The record now shows Prof. Warren did claim to be a ‘minority,’ and that she attempted to mislead the public about these facts when she was first asked about the issue last week,” said Brown spokesman Jim Barnett. “Prof. Warren needs to come clean about her motivations for making these claims and explain the contradictions between her rhetoric and the record.”

I think this does have a bit of traction nationally. However, I do not think it will make a big difference here locally and local is what really matters.

Being an English immigrant, can I claim to be a minority?

You can claim it but I'm not sure if your claim would be looked at as legitimate...much like what is happening to Warren over her claims.

Photo of Liz Warren back then

200px-Ward_Churchill.jpg

You can claim it but I'm not sure if your claim would be looked at as legitimate...much like what is happening to Warren over her claims.

Then the problem is with the term 'minority'. Unless it connotes something other than being from a social group that are "in the minority".

Good move by Brown.

Maybe this could have been flubbed off as "old news" or swept under the table given a fairly compliant media as a one or two day story. However, she went right out and told a provable bold faced lie and for that reason alone this story will have at least some legs.

That said, you were right in your OP. God knows how much of a difference this will make in the bluey-ist of blue States. If I recall correctly Brown was doing pretty well before this incident and it can only help him. Especially with the leaners that got him into office in the first place.

Good move by Brown.

Maybe this could have been flubbed off as "old news" or swept under the table given a fairly compliant media as a one or two day story. However, she went right out and told a provable bold faced lie and for that reason alone this story will have at least some legs.

That said, you were right in your OP. God knows how much of a difference this will make in the bluey-ist of blue States. If I recall correctly Brown was doing pretty well before this incident and it can only help him. Especially with the leaners that got him into office in the first place.
ObamaCare was the issue that got Scott Brown into office and it's still an issue in 2012.

Good move by Brown.

ObamaCare was the issue that got Scott Brown into office and it's still an issue in 2012.

Good and true point but the usual campaign fight must go on. The Supreme Court will have something to say about just how big an issue Obamacare is long before November.

Good move by Brown.

I just keep thinking back to Teddy Kennedy getting elected over and over again and can't help but think something like what Warren did really isn't going to be a big deal in MA.

However, you do make a good point. I had not intended to give Scott Brown my vote this time around, nor was I going to give it to Warren. The fact that she was dishonest in this specific way really bothers me and has motivated me to re-consider giving Brown my vote again instead of writing someone else in.

Good move by Brown.

I just keep thinking back to Teddy Kennedy getting elected over and over again and can't help but think something like what Warren did really isn't going to be a big deal in MA.

However, you do make a good point. I had not intended to give Scott Brown my vote this time around, nor was I going to give it to Warren. The fact that she was dishonest in this specific way really bothers me and has motivated me to re-consider giving Brown my vote again instead of writing someone else in.

I thought Elizabeth Fauxcahontas was a first class nut before this incident but I have no say in the matter. That is to say no vote.

The only argument for Brown over Warren (or Romney over Obama) is we will drive off the economic cliff a little slower with the republicans powering the purse. It's not a very good argument but it's popular and I see the point.

I myself have not decided weather to vote for Romney or Gary Johnson. I know my State of Ohio is important to help stop Obama but my reply to the above argument is usually a simple "it's my GD vote".

So..........shes white, but tries to be an Indian. She's not a "wigger". Maybe a "Windian"??? Haha.

Good move by Brown.

Chappaquiddick seemed not to discourage the mass from voting for a purebred coward.

Fair game but don't stay too long with it.
It's out there now and she should look foolish
for doing it but move along.

If it was a republican Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton
would use it every night for weeks.
I think right wing radio will use it a bit but drop it.

I lean towards agreeing with you on how it plays locally. Local Mass. Democrats will vote for whoever the Democrat is. Look how many years they voted for the drunkard murderer Ted Kennedy. If a D's by the name, they're in. You're not dealing with brainiacs over there in Assachusetts. Warren is a shallow liar, but that shouldn't stop local Democrats from voting for her.

they have been religated to the level of personal smears and lies now.

Cant you people find ANY facts to back you insane claims?

So..........shes white, but tries to be an Indian. She's not a "wigger". Maybe a "Windian"??? Haha.

Did you miss she has as much Indian blood as the Indian nations leader?

Liar, where's the proof. Just because she says so doesn't make it so.

Don't bother. The D's by her name. You're dealing with people who defended and voted for the drunkard murderer Ted Kennedy for many years. So nice try, but don't waste anymore of your time on the Bots.

Forum List

Back