Seismic Change in News

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I was tempted to put this in political, but it's not. There has been a sea change in the way news will be dealt with in the future. Editorial courses in Journalism schools better start taking note:

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion...0,1932699.column?coll=ny-viewpoints-headlines

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article/0,,SB109511244977916674,00.html?mod=todays_free_feature

Registration Required

3. liberal4now

liberal4now Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Kathianne,

Why don't you get a life. I am posting on this stupid message board because my significant other is out of town. In other words, I am board stiff without him around. What is your excuse for hanging out here???

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. AequitasVeritas

AequitasVeritas Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Why are you worried about what Kathianne does? I know I'm not alone when I say I enjoy the posts and articles Kathianne finds. Instead of poking fun at her, go take care of your stiffy and FO.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    CBS is still standing by these documents. My theory is, and you are free to question its validity, is that perhaps what CBS found were copies of the original documents that were re-typed on a newer word processor years after the originals. There are dueling experts on either side, and of course the other media outlets are trying to trash CBS to gain ratings so I would hope we as intelligent consumers of information would take what they say with a large grain of salt (attached to a large margarita if you like).

acludem

6. AequitasVeritas

AequitasVeritas Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Where exactly did these document come from? I was under the impression Bush released his military records.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    acludem:

"CBS is still standing by these documents".

This surprises you?

"My theory is... perhaps what CBS found were copies... that were re-typed on a newer word processor years after the original'.

Hence, the problem. When were they "re-typed"? 20 years later? 30? Or, were they manufactured out of whole cloth a few months ago by partisan operatives? And, whose word are we supposed to take on that - CBS's? Their track record on honest, objective journalism speaks for itself. These "documents" are proof of nothing, except that CBS will stoop to ANYTHING to smear President Bush.

"There are dueling experts on either side...".

Ah, yes - "dueling experts". A page right out of the liberal handbook (credit: Insein). When busted, dead to rights, in a baldfaced lie, simply introduce your own "expert" to declare that black is white and up is down. Then, the more weak-minded among us will be moved to say, "Oh, well - one says one thing and the other....". Opposition neutralized, bullet dodged, mission accomplished. Only trouble is, there are strong people out there, too - and the've got COMPUTERS! The LMM will soon learn what that means.

"...take what they say with a large grain of salt (attached to a large margarita if you like)".

Got that handbook memorized, don't you? Thanks, but I'll pass. I'll settle for solid, unadorned information.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually there really aren't dueling experts. Every expert that CBS has identified has either said they were misled or they didn't do what CBS claimed they did:
    http://allahpundit.com/

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    More you can link to NYT article, registration required, at the following site, which interestingly enough is carrying this weird headline, which they then prove false in the body of the article. No media bias, move along!:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12618_NYT-_Fake_..._But_Accurate!

More on the NYT article and Killian's family reaction:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,237
    ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I would have NEVER believed a news entity could be so blatantly bias.

My GOD! People that actually read that shit and swallow it... they're heads are full of mush.