Security Clearance for Schools?

You know another thing that can be done to ease up the schools budget? That is to have text books on CD roms. Most not all students have a computer at home. Those that do not still can opt for the text books but think of not only the budget but Students back, forgetting book, lost books, no excuse forgot book therefore didn't do homework. blah blah blah.

The text books are probably already on a PC before it goes to print. The cost savings would be great.

No, Lord - times have changed. I had to have a deep ($40) background check just to be able to substitute teach. I think anybody who has any kind of interaction with children (Little League coaches, substitute teachers, anyone) has to have these background checks. There have just been so many instances of child molestation and worse in recent years.

Yeah - and Ravi's right. Skip the home baked goodies - no telling what kind of razors, needles, pins or rat poison you might put in them. Probably goes back to some of the awful things people started doing with Halloween treats. The nuts I understand - too many kids have allergies - particularly to peanuts.

This is dumb . . . like someone couldn't doctor a store bought item?
Yes, it is stupid. So is doing away with lockers, IMO. All this is done in the name of fear and probably none of it actually does any good.

They're doing away with lockers at your schools? Where at the kids suppose to put their stuff??
In their backpacks. To make up for it they also put the text books on cds...so the kids that have access to computers lighten their load a little.

Yes, it is stupid. So is doing away with lockers, IMO. All this is done in the name of fear and probably none of it actually does any good.

They're doing away with lockers at your schools? Where at the kids suppose to put their stuff??
In their backpacks. To make up for it they also put the text books on cds...so the kids that have access to computers lighten their load a little.

Textbooks on cds is a great idea . . . . heavy backpacks, not so much. I can't see them carrying around all their stuff all day long . . . books, winter coats, etc. Ridiculous.

Textbooks on cds is a great idea . . . . heavy backpacks, not so much. I can't see them carrying around all their stuff all day long . . . books, winter coats, etc. Ridiculous.
They get textbooks as well but can use either method. Believe me, my kids have complained about shoulder and back aches on more than one occasion.

The justification for doing away with lockers was that weapons could be hidden in them...

They get textbooks as well but can use either method. Believe me, my kids have complained about shoulder and back aches on more than one occasion.

The justification for doing away with lockers was that weapons could be hidden in them...

Like doing away with lockers will do away with the problem . . . .

m_avatar.jpg

You know another thing that can be done to ease up the schools budget? That is to have text books on CD roms. Most not all students have a computer at home. Those that do not still can opt for the text books but think of not only the budget but Students back, forgetting book, lost books, no excuse forgot book therefore didn't do homework. blah blah blah.

The text books are probably already on a PC before it goes to print. The cost savings would be great.

The publishers that our District uses have put all of OUR texts online, so not even a CDrom is required. Just ablilty to get to the internet....of course, not everyone has access to internet, so regular books are available as well.

The publishers that our District uses have put all of OUR texts online, so not even a CDrom is required. Just ablilty to get to the internet....of course, not everyone has access to internet, so regular books are available as well.
Good idea also but what if no internet or it goes out, storm, bad weather, server issues, see? CD rom is the best that way no excuses except for...my dog ate it. :lol:

We had a problem a few years ago with a volunteer coach so now they all must be fingerprinted and go through a criminal history check. Parent volunteers do not, thank goodness.

Today we got tons of goodies from the Parent Advisory Council for Teacher Appreciation. One of my colleagues remarked that we really should know who the bakers were before indulging. I won't live my life that way.

We had a problem a few years ago with a volunteer coach so now they all must be fingerprinted and go through a criminal history check. Parent volunteers do not, thank goodness.

Today we got tons of goodies from the Parent Advisory Council for Teacher Appreciation. One of my colleagues remarked that we really should know who the bakers were before indulging. I won't live my life that way.
You're lucky you live in a blue state. But don't stop fighting it...it will happen eventually.

I instituted a teacher appreciation day at the school in my area. It was the last day of school (half day) and I got a military unit to sponsor it. They brought out a grill to the school and we had a nice BBQ, I went to IKEA and bought 60 nice glass vases and filled it with pencils, candy, and some gift cards that local business donated to. The teachers LOVED IT. It caught on like wildfire.

Forum List

Back