Second primary of the year: Illinois - Tuesday, 3/18

Democrats dominate Illinois politics because they've shaped messages that attracted the most voters.

Wrong.

Democrats dominate Illinois because of the black and Liberal population centers of Chicago and east St. Louis.

In 2010, Bill Brady took 98 of Illinois' 102 counties and lost.

illinois-1.png

Last edited:
Nonetheless, if the GOP focuses on ACA and dials down the tone of hate and rage, the party should do well Tuesday.

What gets me is that Rauner is leading Brady in the primary polls, mainly because of Rauner's deep pockets (venture capitalist, etc.). I've met the guy and he seems a bit shallow. And in a recent debate he was very hesitant about hydraulic fracturing which really pisses me off. Plus, he's a little too chummy with Rahm Emanual and other key Dems.

What gets me is that Rauner is leading Brady in the primary polls, mainly because of Rauner's deep pockets (venture capitalist, etc.). I've met the guy and he seems a bit shallow. And in a recent debate he was very hesitant about hydraulic fracturing which really pisses me off. Plus, he's a little too chummy with Rahm Emanual and other key Dems.

I have met and listened to all four R candidates, and I support Dillard. The current D Governor Quinn is very vulnerable.

If Rauner gets nominated, I will support him as he would be a vast improvement over the incompetent Gov we have now.

He is more than chummy with Rahm. This election is lose/lose no matter who wins. Think I'm going to sit it out. Are there any ballot initiatives that I am unaware of?

He is more than chummy with Rahm. This election is lose/lose no matter who wins. Think I'm going to sit it out. Are there any ballot initiatives that I am unaware of?

You can see a sample ballot here:
Provisional Ballots Search

I figure I will put something in here as I come across it. After the vote we can see how some of this stuff turned out.

Unions, fearful lawmakers next will turn to cutting municipal employee pensions, poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the campaign of Jhatayn "Jay" Travis, who is challenging state Rep. Christian Mitchell. Likewise, Rep. Toni Berrios of Chicago is being challenged for the second time by journalist Will Guzzardi, and Jaime Andrade, Jr. faces a four challengers, with unions bankrolling the campaign of attorney Nancy Schiavone.

Among Republicans, two of three House members who voted in favor of gay marriage last fall are facing challenges backed by conservative family groups. Rep. Ron Sandack of Downers Grove faces Waubonsee High School teacher Keith Matune and Rep. Ed Sullivan faces bus driver Bob Bednar, both of Mundelein.

Read more here: SPRINGFIELD, Ill.: Risky votes lead to primary challenges in Illinois | National Politics | ADN.com

Democrats dominate Illinois politics because they've shaped messages that attracted the most voters.

Wrong.

Democrats dominate Illinois because of the black and Liberal population centers of Chicago and east St. Louis.

In 2010, Bill Brady took 98 of Illinois' 102 counties and lost.

illinois-1.png

IL has 13 million people in it, and Cook County has nearly 6 million of them.

That's why the Democrat won.

One Man One Vote, not something retarded like the Electoral College.

Anyway, that said, I drew a Republican Ballot today, although voting in a GOP primary is less about voting for the "Most Qualified" candidate and more about voting for "Least Batshit Crazy".

VOted for Dillard for Governor.

Voted for Truax for Senator, and hopefully "Milk Dud" Oberweis will finally take the hint.

Voted for Kaifesh for Congress, because the Token Minority the Teabaggers have put up has annoyed the fuck out of my by filling my mailbox with fliers.

Brady for Gov here. Also went with Truax.

My wife was ahead of me in line, so when they asked which ballot I wanted, I replied "the one she didn't get". That drew a chucke. Then I said "other than that, we get along fine". Then I heard the Mrs. say "you wish". We were cracking those people up.

Oh and I got a sticker, then we headed for the grocery store where the mischievousness ensued...

tom.jpg

One of these Republican candidates will go against Senator Durbin November 4th. Doug sure does have one polished video.

James D. "Jim" Oberweis 36,886 52.2%
Douglas Lee Truax 33,836 47.8%
Precincts reporting: 20%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 8:11:43 p.m.

Jim Oberweis
[ame=http://youtu.be/cQ2iCSbmULs]Jim Oberweis Campaign Video - YouTube[/ame]
Doug Truax
[ame=http://youtu.be/xtAzTLtKYzU]Doug Truax for U.S. Senate ?*Return to Confidence - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like Republicans might have a really hard time keeping the Illinois 13th district.
Republican:
Rodney Davis 4,557 60.0%
Michael Firsching 452 5.9%
Erika Harold 2,590 34.1%
Precincts reporting: 21%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 8:35:05 p.m.

Democrat:
Ann E. Callis 3,373 65.2%
George Gollin 1,160 22.4%
David L. Green 641 12.4%
Precincts reporting: 21%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 8:35:05 p.m.

The fact that the Democrat has a bigger margin than the incumbent Republican does not bode well for him. I know these numbers are far from final but this is the only way I can get stuff out.
[ame=http://youtu.be/kKQnNoJSbdw]Rodney Davis for Congress "For Them" - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/lft6hp6lKjw]"Home" -- Ann Callis for Congress - YouTube[/ame]

No primary in the 1st or 2nd district, both incumbent Democrats. The Republican candidate facing incumbent Rep. Lipinski will be Sharon M. Brannigan. The local Tea Party said she was a "good candidate", they actually endorse candidates. 4th district is having a primary for the incumbent Democrat Gutierrez. He has 74.4% to 16.6% for Alexandra Eidenberg. She seems like a really nice candidate, family, small business, more female represatation in Congress. I have seen Rep. speak on the Floor a few times. I really like him. A smart guy with lots of passion. No primary for the Republicans for the 4th.

No primary in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, Democrat, Republican, Democrat. (Remember, just because there is no primary does not mean there is no election in November.) In the 8th incumbent Rep. Duckworth will be going against Larry Kaifesh, 23 years Marine Corps., Iraq, Afghanistan. Kaifesh's main goal seems to be "Save America", which he looks capable of doing single handedly. From the way Doug Truax's campaign went he might have a hard time getting to Congress however.

In the 9th going up against Rep. Schakowsky will be Susanne Atanus.
Susanne Atanus 14,635 52.3%
David Earl Williams III 13,364 47.7%
Precincts reporting: 91%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 9 : 50 : 39 p.m.

Susanne Atanus, GOP Candidate: Autism, Dementia Are God's Punishments For Gays, Abortions [UPDATES]
(I am trying not to laugh my ass off, honest.)

I'm trying not to shake my head in disbelief.

The GOP needs to make sure they have credible candidates in these districts, even if they have no chance of winning. Nominating clowns and Nazis and religious loons doesn't help their credibility.

Forum List

Back