Second Amendment and th Right to Self-Defense

Most of these Democrat politicians have their own security details armed. But yet, they want gun control.
I wonder what's wrong with this picture? :rolleyes:

Where does the 2nd Amendment mention self defence? I've never been able to find that bit.

No idea what you mean. Our Second Amendment is clear. We should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!
Pro-Second Amendment citizens that own firearms, aren't the tyrannical government....far leftist governments are and have been tyrannical, thus citizens must remain armed, should Marxism/Leninism gain control over the nation.

So you agree that the 2nd is designed to protect us from a tyrannical government?
Where do I say that? I'm at a disadvantage in these discussions, everyone else can see invisible writing.

You dipshits are always saying the 2nd is for self defense.
And while thats true it's main purpose is to stop a tyrannical government.
So which is it? You cant have it both ways.

Funny...your boy biden says you dont need an AR for self defense,you just shoot through the door with a shotgun.

No idea what you mean. Our Second Amendment is clear. We should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well!
Pro-Second Amendment citizens that own firearms, aren't the tyrannical government....far leftist governments are and have been tyrannical, thus citizens must remain armed, should Marxism/Leninism gain control over the nation.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I always supported the 2nd Amendment. But honestly, I could have maybe been swayed on a few things like an AR-15 or # of rounds, etc. But now after seeing the riots and Democrat politicians refusing to enforce the law, NO WAY! I totally the support the 2nd Amendment and any kind of gun and as many rounds as people want to buy. Have at it! The government can't protect you, or worse, if you live in a Liberal state they may choose not to protect you.

So you agree that the 2nd is designed to protect us from a tyrannical government?
Where do I say that? I'm at a disadvantage in these discussions, everyone else can see invisible writing.

Funny...your boy biden says you dont need an AR for self defense,you just shoot through the door with a shotgun.
The Second Amendment provides for citizens to have the right to own weapons, so that should the need arise, they can form militias and use said weapons to resist a tyrannical government, whether foreign or......domestic and that, that right to have those weapons shall not be infringed upon (taken from them). That some people only purchase a pistol for self defense in their home was not the intent of the Amendment is irrelevant. You as an individual do have the right to use any force, including deadly force if necessary against someone breaking into your home to do you and/or your loved ones, bodily harm (i.e. home invasions), or even a single individual intent on stealing your hard earned property, in your home. Your home is your last bastion of safety and if scumbags break in there, they forfeit the right to life.

Last edited:

The Second Amendment provides for citizens to have the right to own weapons, so that should the need arise, they can form militias and use said weapons to resist a tyrannical government, whether foreign or......domestic and that, that right to have those weapons shall not be infringed upon (taken from them). That some people only purchase a pistol for self defense in their home was not the intent of the Amendment is irrelevant. You as an individual do have the right to use any force, including deadly force if necessary against someone breaking into your home to do you and/or your loved ones, bodily harm, or even steal the hard earned property in your home. Your home is your last bastion of safety and if scumbags break in there, they forfeit the right to life.

Yeah....thats pretty much what I said in fewer words.
Owning a firearm is a right.
Thats it!

It's important to understand...the constitution does NOT give us any rights!

The constitution acknowledges that our rights came from our creator.

The founders did this because what the government gives you...the government can take away.

If I am ordered to turn in my firearms...I will not!
If I am ordered to register my firearms...I will not!

End of story! God gave me the right to self defense the same as he gave that right to a rat or a horse.

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Only the unorganized militia complains about gun control laws meant for the unorganized militia. Well regulated militia of the State or the Union have literal recourse to our Second Amendment when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Forum List

Back