Secession from Obama’s America

Nice assumption on your part, but what can one expect from an ass?

no assumptions there padner,, it's all fact,, everybody's seen it..

So now "everybody" has seen me, personally, pit groups against each other, villanize everybody with whom I do not agree, march in lockstep ewith the current regime, and explain in detail my idea of national unity. And this is evidence to back up something I assume is supposed to be some kind of argument. :cuckoo:

another one with a deficit in reading comprehension,, see above,, here I'll say it slowly,, I said.. "every body has seen your elected rat." got it now

myself i'd prefer to wait on the mid term election. if its NOT rigged like the last one the Reids, Pelosis, Murtha's and all the rest of this white trash is gone. a day to celebrates for sure !!! if they stay in its proof to me the power of the vote is gone. and so should the states. mainstream America has had it with this collapsed and imploded and alleged gov. its gotta go now !!!!

Why haven't you reported the illegality to the Authorities instead of just whining, threatening to leave and crying "They cheated!"

He'll start yelling "ACORN!" and "SOROS!" and they'll just think, "Oh great, another one of these morons" and hang up.

The US is at heart a centrist nation, whatever the partisan hacks may try to tell you. And the pendulum has always swung back and forth between liberal and conservative over time to keep that balance. At any given time, the government is enacting policies that are going to go against the desires of some greater or lesser portion of the people. That's reality no matter who wins an election.

But you're right about honest debate being necessary. The entire system was set up to encourage just such debate from several angles, before it was hijacked by money and partisan hacks more interested in tactics than policy. I don't care where an idea comes from, I care that it's a good one. Maybe that's because I prefer to focus on solving the problem rather than blaming someone for it. Idoeological purity is fine as a theory on paper, but it doesn't create a job or protect a citizen. Why is that so hard for the extremists to understand?

How is having an opinion make someone an extremist? Most people like peperoni on their pizza but a few "extremist" like anchovis. No one ever tells the guy who likes anchovis that he shouldn't like them because most other people like peperoni so why do "extremist" get told that they can't have their opinion about things because their opinion is outside the realm of mainstream thought.

It's a free country, again regardless of the crap the hacks scream from the rooftops. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. But extremism, advocating violence as some on this thread have done, and pitting us against each other for team tactics is destructive rather than constructive. It may serve the ideology, but it fails the people and the nation. If that's what you honestly want, ideology before nation and its citizens, so be it. But the rest of us have just as much a right to point out your folly as you have to hold it.

Yes I put "ideology" ahead of everything in politics because that is what politics is about to begin with. Its a whole bunch of people talking about their own opinions about government. No one person's opinion has to match what the "collective" thinks and I suspect that most people's opinion are not quote-unquote mainstream or even fits into the right-left spectrum at all. Can we really say that a person's opinion who is considered on the right be exactly as anyone else's opinion on the right? Can we say the same thing about people on the left? And can we assume the same thing for anyone on this spectrum? No because everyone's opinion is different than someone elses which means everyone puts ideology ahead of everything because if we didn't we wouldn't be using our own opinion but the opinion of others.

PS
Its interesting to note how you people on the left put political unity above individuality. In your post you are saying that we should hold an opinion that is not ours for the sake of unity and action.

Last edited:
How is having an opinion make someone an extremist? Most people like peperoni on their pizza but a few "extremist" like anchovis. No one ever tells the guy who likes anchovis that he shouldn't like them because most other people like peperoni so why do "extremist" get told that they can't have their opinion about things because their opinion is outside the realm of mainstream thought.

It's a free country, again regardless of the crap the hacks scream from the rooftops. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. But extremism, advocating violence as some on this thread have done, and pitting us against each other for team tactics is destructive rather than constructive. It may serve the ideology, but it fails the people and the nation. If that's what you honestly want, ideology before nation and its citizens, so be it. But the rest of us have just as much a right to point out your folly as you have to hold it.

Yes I put "ideology" ahead of everything in politics because that is what politics is about to begin with. Its a whole bunch of people talking about their own opinions about government. No one person's opinion has to match what the "collective" thinks and I suspect that most people's opinion are not quote-unquote mainstream or even fits into the right-left spectrum at all. Can we really say that a person's opinion who is considered on the right be exactly as anyone else's opinion on the right? Can we say the same thing about people on the left? And can we assume the same thing for anyone on this spectrum? No because everyone's opinion is different than someone elses which means everyone puts ideology ahead of everything because if we didn't we wouldn't be using our own opinion but the opinion of others.

Are you seriously trying to claim anyone who has an opinion about politics puts ideology before country, and therefore it's all right to do?

Are you seriously trying to claim anyone who has an opinion about politics puts ideology before country, and therefore it's all right to do?

Good point.

based on the liberal behavior,, nowadays,, I'd just say their "unity" was all show, they ran like rats when the going got tough.. consider that today,, they are taking pictures of the CIA and giving them to the terrorists.. whose side do you think they are on?

The 'going getting tough' was precipitated by George Bush deciding to invade Iraq and in the process make the worst foreign policy decision in recent memory.

yes,, so then you guys said "fuck unity" didn't ya? Case closed!

We didn't secede. We just won. Get over it.

I live in a state that has had a secession movement for quite some time. The thing is, it really isn't about secession, it's about the threat of secession to achieve concessions from the opposition.
A true secession movement would not strengthen or wane with a change in administration in the federal government. A true movement would remain intact without regard to changes in the federal government.
My state also has a movement to restore state sovereignty. This is something quite different, but seems to be something that is confused with secession by the media and by progressives in and out of government. Progressives seem believe the two are the same.
Arizona and other states may move towards restoring state sovereignty, but I do not believe any states will seriously move towards secession.

The 'going getting tough' was precipitated by George Bush deciding to invade Iraq and in the process make the worst foreign policy decision in recent memory.

Yup.

After the '04 elections, there was talk of seceding, but it wasn't half as intense as it is from rightwingnuts now. It was intended more to be humorous. You got nutbags on here and elsewhere who appear to be dead serious about it because they just can't stomach that the idea that maybe the rest of the country might not agree with them as much as Uncle Rush, Ass-Chasm Hannity and others told them it did.

we ain't playing dodgeball here, you weren't unified during the Bush Presidency.. the only time you leftwing lunatics want unity is when you've won, then you march in and declare" in case you haven't hear we won, you are irrelevant, sit down and stfu" yeah buddy that's all about unity, now when the Republicans are in office you libtards say "fuck unity." so go blow your "patriot" smoke up some other libtards azz whydonchya?

Yup.

After the '04 elections, there was talk of seceding, but it wasn't half as intense as it is from rightwingnuts now. It was intended more to be humorous. You got nutbags on here and elsewhere who appear to be dead serious about it because they just can't stomach that the idea that maybe the rest of the country might not agree with them as much as Uncle Rush, Ass-Chasm Hannity and others told them it did.

yeah when libtards do something it's "only a joke" yeah we got that talking point.

we ain't playing dodgeball here, you weren't unified during the Bush Presidency.. the only time you leftwing lunatics want unity is when you've won, then you march in and declare" in case you haven't hear we won, you are irrelevant, sit down and stfu" yeah buddy that's all about unity, now when the Republicans are in office you libtards say "fuck unity." so go blow your "patriot" smoke up some other libtards azz whydonchya?

waaaaa!!!!!!!!!! See how easily they lapse into tantrums now?

too funny

waaaaa!!!!!!!!!! See how easily they lapse into tantrums now?

too funny

that's what makes you a libtard. to you truth = tantrum. That's why we call you DUmmies! :lol:

Yup.

yeah when libtards do something it's "only a joke" yeah we got that talking point.

Well, as far as this issue is concerned, it's true. I didn't see one Dem Governor or congressman even mention the idea of secession after '04. There was a lot of bitterness, but talk of secession was mainly limited to message boards like this one and I don't recall reading anyone on the left talk of armed insurrection, either. This year, we had the Governor of Texas talk about secession. Of course he backed down quickly and tried to deny he ever said it, but he did.

Basically, there were just a lot of Alec Baldwins on the left, so you tell me what's worse.

Most of the states that might reasonably consider secession as an option are the ones that ARE NOT like California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Jersey, etc. where politicians have intentionally created large dependent populations of people and groups with their hands out for “other peoples’ money” (dependent voting blocks tied to money – not principle).

To have a shot at successfully seceding, it is likely that a state must first have a large majority of its population that is interested in independence, who are self-reliant, who as a group have not been used to taking more than their fair share of federal tax dollars, who are not looking for ways to avoid fair taxes but who don’t want to be carrying the load for the above named states, who have reasonable expectations of government; and most importantly, who care about freedom, equality and the principles of the United States Constitution more than the “Federal Government”. America is its people; it is not the buildings, institutions, and politicians in Washington, D. C.

You guys have been bitching about this and threatening secession for almost a year now.

Would you guys just fucking leave already?

You are like that lame party guest who wants people to beg them to stay.

Most of the states that might reasonably consider secession as an option are the ones that ARE NOT like California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Jersey, etc. where politicians have intentionally created large dependent populations of people and groups with their hands out for “other peoples’ money” (dependent voting blocks tied to money – not principle).

To have a shot at successfully seceding, it is likely that a state must first have a large majority of its population that is interested in independence, who are self-reliant, who as a group have not been used to taking more than their fair share of federal tax dollars, who are not looking for ways to avoid fair taxes but who don’t want to be carrying the load for the above named states, who have reasonable expectations of government; and most importantly, who care about freedom, equality and the principles of the United States Constitution more than the “Federal Government”. America is its people; it is not the buildings, institutions, and politicians in Washington, D. C.

You guys have been bitching about this and threatening secession for almost a year now.

Why would you want them to leave? How does that fit the philosophy as defined in the US constitution? What would the country gain or lose if that happened? How do you suppose that would affect the USA's standing in the world?
just asking.......not arguing.

Why would you want them to leave? How does that fit the philosophy as defined in the US constitution? What would the country gain or lose if that happened? How do you suppose that would affect the USA's standing in the world?

Why would we want them to stay?

They talk the talk, let them walk the walk. Fact is, the are leeches who draw much more from the country than they contribute

Last edited:

Yes because your "idealogy" is nothing more than your own opinion about how the country should run. Can you tell me why that is so evil?

Why would we wamt them to stay?

They talk the talk, let them walk the walk. Fact is, the are leeches who draw much more from the country than they contribute

Seriously? That kind of attitude is selfish in the same way that those that talk of secession is. Fact is, we are bound together as a nation. If we split the nation we all lose.

Forum List

Back