Secession from Obama’s America

You guys have been bitching about this and threatening secession for almost a year now.

Would you guys just fucking leave already?

You are like that lame party guest who wants people to beg them to stay.

Why would you want them to leave? How does that fit the philosophy as defined in the US constitution? What would the country gain or lose if that happened? How do you suppose that would affect the USA's standing in the world?
just asking.......not arguing.

Why would we wamt them to stay?

They talk the talk, let them walk the walk. Fact is, the are leeches who draw much more from the country than they contribute

I actually contribute quite a lot to my own life and so do the people around me so where do you get this notion that we are not contributing to the nation or even if we have to at all?

I live in a state that has had a secession movement for quite some time. The thing is, it really isn't about secession, it's about the threat of secession to achieve concessions from the opposition.
A true secession movement would not strengthen or wane with a change in administration in the federal government. A true movement would remain intact without regard to changes in the federal government.
My state also has a movement to restore state sovereignty. This is something quite different, but seems to be something that is confused with secession by the media and by progressives in and out of government. Progressives seem believe the two are the same.
Arizona and other states may move towards restoring state sovereignty, but I do not believe any states will seriously move towards secession.

I agree.

Its getting ugly. The crappy states like CA, NJ, MI, and NY and others going bankrupt will default. The Fed will NOT bail out an irresponsible State. It can't afford to. CA is a perfect example of political correctness run amok. I don't think any States will secede, but they may start a tax revolt if the Feds raise taxes too much. Then the feds have no money to waste.

Why don't the red states pay back all the money they've received from New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and California over the years?

Yes I put "ideology" ahead of everything in politics because that is what politics is about to begin with. Its a whole bunch of people talking about their own opinions about government. No one person's opinion has to match what the "collective" thinks and I suspect that most people's opinion are not quote-unquote mainstream or even fits into the right-left spectrum at all. Can we really say that a person's opinion who is considered on the right be exactly as anyone else's opinion on the right? Can we say the same thing about people on the left? And can we assume the same thing for anyone on this spectrum? No because everyone's opinion is different than someone elses which means everyone puts ideology ahead of everything because if we didn't we wouldn't be using our own opinion but the opinion of others.

Are you seriously trying to claim anyone who has an opinion about politics puts ideology before country, and therefore it's all right to do?

Yes because your "idealogy" is nothing more than your own opinion about how the country should run. Can you tell me why that is so evil?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ideology is a team sport, chief. Where do you come up with this garbage?

ideology - definition of ideology by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
What does ideology mean? definition, meaning and pronunciation (Free English Language Dictionary)

But don't mind me, keep patting yourself on the back for putting ideological beliefs over country while you call other people un-American. :lol:

Its getting ugly. The crappy states like CA, NJ, MI, and NY and others going bankrupt will default. The Fed will NOT bail out an irresponsible State. It can't afford to. CA is a perfect example of political correctness run amok. I don't think any States will secede, but they may start a tax revolt if the Feds raise taxes too much. Then the feds have no money to waste.

Why don't the red states pay back all the money they've received from New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and California over the years?

Anyone else here remember when Ny wanted Reagan to bail them out and he told them no?

Without California and New York the USA is nothing more than a collection of right-wing, religious zealots with a zest for bombings and straffing innocent Arab woemn and children in the name of some ghost who lives in the sky.

Anyone else here remember when Ny wanted Reagan to bail them out and he told them no?

Actually, it was New York City specifically and it was Ford that said no. Resulting in the memorable "Ford to City: Drop Dead" headline.

Point is we are all in this together, one year one is up and the next that is down and another is up.....

as for yukon, if the usa was just ny and ca i really would leave. I have traveled the world in the last 40 years and the people I find in those two places are the places I like least

Point is we are all in this together, one year one is up and the next that is down and another is up.....

as for yukon, if the usa was just ny and ca i really would leave. I have traveled the world in the last 40 years and the people I find in those two places are the places I like least

No shit..

Its just a certain element who were used to getting their own way and were voted out.

Citizenship 101

No shit..

Its just a certain element who were used to getting their own way and were voted out.

Citizenship 101

The pendulum always swings back to way it came. Those on the fringes complain the most. Nothing new here, watched it for years. In the future the complaints will be reversed again, like they were during the last 8 years. It seems to be the way our country works. It might get too boring if the political pendulum stopped in the middle, the middle doesn't mobilize voters like the fringes do.

You guys have been bitching about this and threatening secession for almost a year now.

Why would you want them to leave? How does that fit the philosophy as defined in the US constitution? What would the country gain or lose if that happened? How do you suppose that would affect the USA's standing in the world?

Why would we want them to stay?

They talk the talk, let them walk the walk. Fact is, the are leeches who draw much more from the country than they contribute

If we left you'd be begging us for foreign aid.. have you noticed??? the liberal states have the highest debt and the highest unemployment?? And, the highest taxes.. lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If we left you'd be begging us for foreign aid.. have you noticed??? the liberal states have the highest debt and the highest unemployment?? And, the highest taxes.. lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And still pay out more to the feds than they get back...while the red states are well latched onto that Washington teat.

Most of the states that might reasonably consider secession as an option are the ones that ARE NOT like California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Jersey, etc. where politicians have intentionally created large dependent populations of people and groups with their hands out for “other peoples’ money” (dependent voting blocks tied to money – not principle).

To have a shot at successfully seceding, it is likely that a state must first have a large majority of its population that is interested in independence, who are self-reliant, who as a group have not been used to taking more than their fair share of federal tax dollars, who are not looking for ways to avoid fair taxes but who don’t want to be carrying the load for the above named states, who have reasonable expectations of government; and most importantly, who care about freedom, equality and the principles of the United States Constitution more than the “Federal Government”. America is its people; it is not the buildings, institutions, and politicians in Washington, D. C.

No, I just don't want you fuckers to send welfare/warfare state troops to stop us.

The red state blue state argument is getting a little old. Fact is, not many of the states are red or blue. Most seem to be a little purple.
As far as one state paying more or less, that has always reversed with time. That is one advantage to the 'union'.
The question that everyone should be asking is why is our federal government supposed to supply anything more than the printing of currency and our common defense?

And still pay out more to the feds than they get back...while the red states are well latched onto that Washington teat.

Just think of it as rewarding good behavior!

We can't do that anymore than undoing all those progams that those monies went to pay for or bribed us to do. You guys act like its free money that we can do whatever we want with but usually its we give you this and you do this in your state so don't act like you were doing us any favors.

Most of the states that might reasonably consider secession as an option are the ones that ARE NOT like California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Jersey, etc. where politicians have intentionally created large dependent populations of people and groups with their hands out for “other peoples’ money” (dependent voting blocks tied to money – not principle).

To have a shot at successfully seceding, it is likely that a state must first have a large majority of its population that is interested in independence, who are self-reliant, who as a group have not been used to taking more than their fair share of federal tax dollars, who are not looking for ways to avoid fair taxes but who don’t want to be carrying the load for the above named states, who have reasonable expectations of government; and most importantly, who care about freedom, equality and the principles of the United States Constitution more than the “Federal Government”. America is its people; it is not the buildings, institutions, and politicians in Washington, D. C.

Because I am so sick of listening to the neo-secessionists bitch and whine and threaten to leave.

If you don't have enough backbone to stick by your country through an administration you disagree with, the country is probably better off without you anyways (that's the proverbial you).

No, I just don't want you fuckers to send welfare/warfare state troops to stop us.

You can leave if you want. You don't get to take the real estate with you. If you attempt to do so, you will be crushed by the federal Army.

Again.

And I won't shed a tear.

The biggest problem with this thread title ... and why I call bullshit on it ...

... by seceding, they are taking the American spirit with them, because our countries here were founded by secession and rebellion, not by conformity and dictatorship.

Fact is, The Supremes ruled in 1868, Texas v White that states do not in fact have a right to secede. Even though the ruling has no basis to it, it justifies Lincoln's unlawful war.

Without overturning that ruling, the Feds will just send in the troops, so any such talk is nonsense.

Forum List

Back