Seattle... The Amsterdam of the US?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin

A majority of the task-force members support a place or places for addicts to use heroin and other drugs besides public restrooms, alleys or homeless encampments such as The Jungle, said Dr. Jeffrey Duchin, task force co-chair. The idea is that users could visit a supervised facilitywhere they could get clean needles and anti-overdose medications as well as medical attention as needed and treatment opportunities.​

Personally, I think this is freakin brilliant/ Of course, I gully expect a bunch of right-wingers to come rushing in to remind us how this is another example of how Libtards are trying to destroy the good Christian moral fabric that our fine, God-fearing nation was built on.

If it works it works. If it doesn't try something different. Quite frankly, it sounds more like they are less concerned with helping them and more concerned about getting them out of site, but whatever.

This country has no moral fiber Christian or otherwise. In keeping with our new policy of evil, it is perfectly fine to help these people die sooner rather than later. My objection is ONLY to providing overdose medication.

This country has no moral fiber Christian or otherwise. In keeping with our new policy of evil, it is perfectly fine to help these people die sooner rather than later. My objection is ONLY to providing overdose medication.

Cheaper than burying them.

I was in Seattle a couple of years ago. The beautiful parks were taken over by degenerate substance abusers and mothers had to keep close watch on their kids for fear they would wander into a pig sty and be confronted by some insane extended family of maniacs . The people tolerated it because they were taught to accept it. Later on the radicals came to town and for a while the anarchist movement known as OWS (Occupy Wall Street) was in charge and again the citizens had to endure traffic problems and abuse. They endured it because like good liberals they were taught to accept it.

Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin

A majority of the task-force members support a place or places for addicts to use heroin and other drugs besides public restrooms, alleys or homeless encampments such as The Jungle, said Dr. Jeffrey Duchin, task force co-chair. The idea is that users could visit a supervised facilitywhere they could get clean needles and anti-overdose medications as well as medical attention as needed and treatment opportunities.​

Personally, I think this is freakin brilliant/ Of course, I gully expect a bunch of right-wingers to come rushing in to remind us how this is another example of how Libtards are trying to destroy the good Christian moral fabric that our fine, God-fearing nation was built on.

This isn't bad, but they need to tweak it to make it better. First of all, don't just give free needles. Give free heroin. Unlimited. As much as they want. Second, eliminate the anti-overdose medication and the medical treatment on the whole. Give junkies free heroin as much as they want, and let them overdose their little hearts out. Literally.

Drug problems cured in a week.

I was in Seattle a couple of years ago. The beautiful parks were taken over by degenerate substance abusers and mothers had to keep close watch on their kids for fear they would wander into a pig sty and be confronted by some insane extended family of maniacs . The people tolerated it because they were taught to accept it. Later on the radicals came to town and for a while the anarchist movement known as OWS (Occupy Wall Street) was in charge and again the citizens had to endure traffic problems and abuse. They endured it because like good liberals they were taught to accept it.
How long were you in Seattle for?

If it works it works. If it doesn't try something different. Quite frankly, it sounds more like they are less concerned with helping them and more concerned about getting them out of site, but whatever.
I would say, rather, it is about not criminalizing people's personal choices.

You must have read a different article than I did, because the one linked in the OP talks about cleaning up the parks and the Jungle area.

You must have read a different article than I did, because the one linked in the OP talks about cleaning up the parks and the Jungle area.

Did you even get past two paragraphs?

The idea is that users could visit a supervised facilitywhere they could get clean needles and anti-overdose medications as well as medical attention as needed and treatment opportunities.

It's about public health and getting them some help.

Sure. And they could accomplish the same thing by going in, rounding them all up, arresting them, and sending them to prison on drug charges.

Instead, they are choosing to recognise their rights to make their own choices, and providing a safe environment in which to exercise that choice.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

The idea is that users could visit a supervised facilitywhere they could get clean needles and anti-overdose medications as well as medical attention as needed and treatment opportunities.

The irony in your post is that you quoted the second paragraph :eusa_dance:

I guess I gave you too much credit. Point being, you misunderstood the article.

Sure. And they could accomplish the same thing by going in, rounding them all up, arresting them, and sending them to prison on drug charges.

Instead, they are choosing to recognise their rights to make their own choices, and providing a safe environment in which to exercise that choice.

Living on the streets is part of their choice.

Really? So, you would hire a person who is a known heroin user?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

No, you gave yourself too much credit in your attempt to be snarky.

Seattle is trying to shut down the jungle because of crime there--"An unauthorized homeless encampment called The Jungle is tucked away under Interstate 5 in Seattle, where hundreds of people sleep in tents and shanties. After a shooting there killed two people and injured three others, officials have been working to shut down the camp." #SeaHomeless: What you need to know about Seattle’s homeless crisis

Really? So, you would hire a person who is a known heroin user?

If I needed a Hep-infected whore or a drug mule maybe.

Seattle is trying to shut down the jungle because of crime there--"An unauthorized homeless encampment called The Jungle is tucked away under Interstate 5 in Seattle, where hundreds of people sleep in tents and shanties. After a shooting there killed two people and injured three others, officials have been working to shut down the camp." #SeaHomeless: What you need to know about Seattle’s homeless crisis

Not being snarky, I quoted the article.

Not being snarky, I quoted the article.

You quoted the second paragraph of the article as if what you quoted was after the second paragraph and you responded so quickly you wouldn't have time to read the lengthy article I linked about Seattle's growing homeless problem.

Forum List

Back