Seattle-Area Councilman: Hosing Poop-Covered Sidewalks Might Be Racially Insensitive

When I went into the Army in 1957, my buddies and I would go into Philly on week-ends and bar hop. Many bars had signs that said "No dogs or servicemen allowed." Of course we would go to the bars in a big group looking for a skirmish. However we steered clear of the gay bars.
I went into Seattle for the first time in June 1960. The bars there had more civilized signage. Their's simply said "Servicemen in uniform not allowed." Them wuz the good ol' days

My dad drank free in bars while in uniform around where I grew up.

Poop-Covered Sidewalks: Racially Insensitive to Clean Them Says Seattle Councilman | National Review

A councilman in Seattle is reportedly opposed to hosing sidewalks that reek of excrement near a local courthouse because he fears that it might be racially insensitive.

No, this is not a joke.

The area surrounding King County Superior Court includes a homeless shelter and other social-services organizations and has become an “unsanitary and potentially frightening” scene — one “that reeks of urine and excrement” — according to an article in the Seattle Times. Desperate for help with the disgusting environment, two of the court’s judges have asked the city to please power-wash the poop-covered sidewalks. That seems like a pretty reasonable request, but apparently, one councilman is worried that doing so might be a form of microaggression.

According to the Times, Councilmember Larry Gossett “said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists.”

Democrats are insane.How dare you clean shit off the sidewalks you racist.

Dafuck does this 'story' have to do with freaking political parties?

There is a good reason Liberalism is considered a mental illness. ..... :cuckoo:

---- or with "Liberalism"?

The left are completely out of their minds. Unbelievable

Or with "the left"?

ZERO of which are described, hinted at, euphemized or implied in the article anywhere.

Hm?

Critical thinking is a lost art.

Who else would bitch about cleaning shit off a sidewalk is racist ? Yes only a demorat.

Got a link?

Nope. Of course you don't.

Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this guy. You don't even know if he has a political party at all, let alone how it would amount to a causation.

Dumb shit.

Biography - King County

I haven't been able to find any political affiliation for him.

Exactly. And while that was the question for the OP, the challenge was to explain, even if he could find such an affiliation, exactly how it would have been the causation he tried to sell.

Got a link?

Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this guy. You don't even know if he has a political party at all, let alone how it would amount to a causation.

Dumb shit.

Of course, he's a Democrat and you already knew that. You're just being dishonest and dishonorable

Larry Gossett - Wikipedia

Our Campaigns - Candidate - Larry Gossett

Bull SHIT.

Once AGAIN for the slowwitted --- there's ZERO mention of any political party in the article, ZERO mention of any kind of political 'side' or philosophy at all, ZERO indication that any such philosophy had any hand in his comment, and once AGAIN your own Wiki link says right there (in its first sentence no less) that the Council on which is sits is NONPARTISAN.

***ALL*** of that shit about political parties, "the left" and "Liberals" was pulled out of the ass of the OP and his sycophants, so don't you DARE try to put the dishonesty on me here. I'm the one calling dishonesty **OUT**.
Apparently you have never been to Seattle, Pogo. If you were to go there and mingle with the people you would swear they are all related to Hillary. And the people there are the biggest snobs in America.

Got a link?

Dumb shit.

Of course, he's a Democrat and you already knew that. You're just being dishonest and dishonorable

Bull SHIT.

Once AGAIN for the slowwitted --- there's ZERO mention of any political party in the article, ZERO mention of any kind of political 'side' or philosophy at all, ZERO indication that any such philosophy had any hand in his comment, and once AGAIN your own Wiki link says right there (in its first sentence no less) that the Council on which is sits is NONPARTISAN.

***ALL*** of that shit about political parties, "the left" and "Liberals" was pulled out of the ass of the OP and his sycophants, so don't you DARE try to put the dishonesty on me here. I'm the one calling dishonesty **OUT**.
Apparently you have never been to Seattle, Pogo. If you were to go there and mingle with the people you would swear they are all related to Hillary. And the people there are the biggest snobs in America.

Actually I've been to Seattle a bunch of times, by air and by car. Got relatives there. I don't need an intro, thanks.

But what I've never been to is that dishonest dump where we all just ass-sume facts not in evidence, and then carry those imagined alternate facts out to a causation that we can't explain, and yet we don't care. I've never been there and won't be going anytime soon.

When I went into the Army in 1957, my buddies and I would go into Philly on week-ends and bar hop. Many bars had signs that said "No dogs or servicemen allowed." Of course we would go to the bars in a big group looking for a skirmish. However we steered clear of the gay bars.
I went into Seattle for the first time in June 1960. The bars there had more civilized signage. Their's simply said "Servicemen in uniform not allowed." Them wuz the good ol' days
Why would they not want servicemen patronizing their establishments?

Got a link?

Dumb shit.

Bull SHIT.

Once AGAIN for the slowwitted --- there's ZERO mention of any political party in the article, ZERO mention of any kind of political 'side' or philosophy at all, ZERO indication that any such philosophy had any hand in his comment, and once AGAIN your own Wiki link says right there (in its first sentence no less) that the Council on which he sits is NONPARTISAN.

Seriously, just stop......

Why would they not want servicemen patronizing their establishments?

Those were near the end of the Jim Crow days. Blacks weren't the only people who were discriminated against. Anyone who was different were discriminated against.

Seattle should just leave the poop on the sidewalk where it will dry and become breathable fecal dust and snow. Once the Seattle head tax starts working as intended there won't be anything left of the city but one giant filled toilet.

Any thoughts about how to deal with our burgeoning homeless crisis and our problems with mental-health issues? Perhaps we should think less about border walls and creating tragedies in the Middle East and instead think more about our problems in our own country.

Any thoughts about how to deal with our burgeoning homeless crisis and our problems with mental-health issues? Perhaps we should think less about border walls and creating tragedies in the Middle East and instead think more about our problems in our own country.

Yes. I am glad you asked.

NUMBER ONE. LOCK UP CRAZY PEOPLE.

Most of the homeless have serious mental issues, which is why they are unable to take care of themselves.

They deserve care.

Got a link?

Dumb shit.

Bull SHIT.

Once AGAIN for the slowwitted --- there's ZERO mention of any political party in the article, ZERO mention of any kind of political 'side' or philosophy at all, ZERO indication that any such philosophy had any hand in his comment, and once AGAIN your own Wiki link says right there (in its first sentence no less) that the Council on which he sits is NONPARTISAN.

Seriously, just stop......

"Stop" ---- what? Calling out dishonest hacks for dishonest hackery?

Stating the obvious?

Kinda weird that you want me to stop yet say nothing about the OP's bullshit. Doncha think?

Wouldn't it be better to rent a few Port-a-Potties?
That idea failed in California when the bums turned them into homes.

They should make the homeless clean up the mess.
Why not?

By law, I must pick up my dog's poop. I carry little plastic bags. I would be fined if I did not clean the mess. But people, homeless or not get to crap everywhere and never have to pick up their own shit.

Forum List

Back