Seattle-Area Councilman: Hosing Poop-Covered Sidewalks Might Be Racially Insensitive

Poop-Covered Sidewalks: Racially Insensitive to Clean Them Says Seattle Councilman | National Review

A councilman in Seattle is reportedly opposed to hosing sidewalks that reek of excrement near a local courthouse because he fears that it might be racially insensitive.

No, this is not a joke.

The area surrounding King County Superior Court includes a homeless shelter and other social-services organizations and has become an “unsanitary and potentially frightening” scene — one “that reeks of urine and excrement” — according to an article in the Seattle Times. Desperate for help with the disgusting environment, two of the court’s judges have asked the city to please power-wash the poop-covered sidewalks. That seems like a pretty reasonable request, but apparently, one councilman is worried that doing so might be a form of microaggression.

According to the Times, Councilmember Larry Gossett “said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists.”

Democrats are insane.How dare you clean shit off the sidewalks you racist.
View attachment 194530 View attachment 194531
Funny. Repugs are fine with corporations dumping billions of tons of pollutants in the air, water, and land each year, but they get upset about some shit on a sidewalk.

By law, I must pick up my dog's poop. I carry little plastic bags. I would be fined if I did not clean the mess. But people, homeless or not get to crap everywhere and never have to pick up their own shit.
I wasn't aware that such a remarkable situation existed anywhere in the U.S. and it's rather disturbing to learn that something so uncivilized is happening here. I recently read that almost half the population of Bangladesh routinely shits on the public streets and I recall thinking how incredibly disgusting and socially retarded that is -- and now I find out this is happening in America.

Someone once told me that public urinals are commonplace in Paris, which is a good idea -- though somewhat unfair to women who are not equipped to make easy use of them.

In thinking about this situation it clearly does seem to be an imposingly serious problem. The homeless situation is increasing relentlessly and there is no viable way to provide toilet facilities to accommodate them. If city governments provided facilities they would be vandalized or misused for unimaginably weird purposes.

I recall that New York City once placed comfortable facilities on several busy street corners which provided clean toilets, toilet paper, lighting, a sink with hot water and a locked door. I don't recall the cost per 20 minutes use, paid with quarters in a slot, but I do know these facilities were quickly made obsolete by all sorts of abusive practices. I suppose whoever thought up that idea simply didn't realize how uncivilized many (most?) contemporary humans are.

It really is frustrating that I can't think of any workable solution to the street-shitting situation in Seattle. It is a very disturbing reality that unmistakably points to the decline of our civilization.

Bangladesh is coming to America.

By law, I must pick up my dog's poop. I carry little plastic bags. I would be fined if I did not clean the mess. But people, homeless or not get to crap everywhere and never have to pick up their own shit.
I wasn't aware that such a remarkable situation existed anywhere in the U.S. and it's rather disturbing to learn that something so uncivilized is happening here. I recently read that almost half the population of Bangladesh routinely shits on the public streets and I recall thinking how incredibly disgusting and socially retarded that is -- and now I find out this is happening in America.

Someone once told me that public urinals are commonplace in Paris, which is a good idea -- though somewhat unfair to women who are not equipped to make easy use of them.

In thinking about this situation it clearly does seem to be an imposingly serious problem. The homeless situation is increasing relentlessly and there is no viable way to provide toilet facilities to accommodate them. If city governments provided facilities they would be vandalized or misused for unimaginably weird purposes.

I recall that New York City once placed comfortable facilities on several busy street corners which provided clean toilets, toilet paper, lighting, a sink with hot water and a locked door. I don't recall the cost per 20 minutes use, paid with quarters in a slot, but I do know these facilities were quickly made obsolete by all sorts of abusive practices. I suppose whoever thought up that idea simply didn't realize how uncivilized many (most?) contemporary humans are.

It really is frustrating that I can't think of any workable solution to the street-shitting situation in Seattle. It is a very disturbing reality that unmistakably points to the decline of our civilization.

Bangladesh is coming to America.
We are becoming a third world nation. I have seen this coming for about 20 years.

Education fails to teach the young what it means to be human. The false values inculcated in the past have been justifiably overturned, yet nothing of worth has replaced them. We know so much more about our psychology, our perceptions, the universe than has ever been known before, yet we willingly wallow in ignorance.
Humans can be free only when they fully appreciated that freedom is entirely unified with responsibility. The choice of non-freedom is the choice of excluding oneself from being fully human. The 'trick' is experiencing, being conscious of choice. So much of what is essential to full awareness is veiled by societal reflex. Control comes from having a population that is controllable. Self directed people cannot be controlled so easily, and never entirely.

Funny. Repugs are fine with corporations dumping billions of tons of pollutants in the air, water, and land each year, but they get upset about some shit.
Wow! Your brain is so awesome.
Yes, yes it is. And yours... isn't. But I'm only pointing out the obvious. Talk about missing the forest because you're focused on one tree. You repugs show no concern about pollution. You're all about strip mining for coal and burning it for power despite all the toxins it releases into the air. You're all for drill baby drill even after disasters like the Deepwater Hozizon and the Exxon Valdez. You're all for fracking even if it poisons the aquifers. You view any restrictions as "job killing regulations". You even apologize to polluters for them being made accountable for their acts. But now you're all losing your minds over some shit on a sidewalk in Seattle? Blaming the left and calling us mentally diseased? The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Get a grip. If the sanitation department doesn't clean it up, the rains will wash it away. It does rain in Seattle. A lot.

Funny. Repugs are fine with corporations dumping billions of tons of pollutants in the air, water, and land each year, but they get upset about some shit.
Yes, yes it is. And yours... isn't. But I'm only pointing out the obvious. Talk about missing the forest because you're focused on one tree. You repugs show no concern about pollution. You're all about strip mining for coal and burning it for power despite all the toxins it releases into the air. You're all for drill baby drill even after disasters like the Deepwater Hozizon and the Exxon Valdez. You're all for fracking even if it poisons the aquifers. You view any restrictions as "job killing regulations". You even apologize to polluters for them being made accountable for their acts. But now you're all losing your minds over some shit on a sidewalk in Seattle? Blaming the left and calling us mentally diseased? The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Get a grip. If the sanitation department doesn't clean it up, the rains will wash it away. It does rain in Seattle. A lot.
Even though nothing you point out is true ( for example find me even a quart of oil in the port of Valdez on the beach or in the water), or republicans wanting to drink dirty water, etc., your brain is so awesomely ...... tiny.

Finally, go take. Shit on your driveway and see how long it tales the rain to wash it away or your wife ordering you to scoop it up.

Last edited:
This is why the liberal cry fest about illegals is so insane
What good does it do for the USA to seek to populate ourselves with sidewalk shitters who are having a great day in their homelands if they are not murdered or don’t starve to death???
Seeking folks operating from a higher platform of success is likely the way to go

There's a very simple explanation: liberals like shit because they are shit and they don't want to see their fellow species wiped out.

Poop-Covered Sidewalks: Racially Insensitive to Clean Them Says Seattle Councilman | National Review

A councilman in Seattle is reportedly opposed to hosing sidewalks that reek of excrement near a local courthouse because he fears that it might be racially insensitive.

No, this is not a joke.

The area surrounding King County Superior Court includes a homeless shelter and other social-services organizations and has become an “unsanitary and potentially frightening” scene — one “that reeks of urine and excrement” — according to an article in the Seattle Times. Desperate for help with the disgusting environment, two of the court’s judges have asked the city to please power-wash the poop-covered sidewalks. That seems like a pretty reasonable request, but apparently, one councilman is worried that doing so might be a form of microaggression.

According to the Times, Councilmember Larry Gossett “said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists.”

Funny. Repugs are fine with corporations dumping billions of tons of pollutants in the air, water, and land each year, but they get upset about some shit on a sidewalk.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.”

No, this is not a joke.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.”
Corporations are turning the whole world into a toxic waste dump and they get nothing but encouragement and tax breaks from repugs. But here you are fixated on a turd on a sidewalk in Seattle.

Obama's EPA called. The Animus River will be fine.

No, this is not a joke.

Corporations are turning the whole world into a toxic waste dump and they get nothing but encouragement and tax breaks from repugs. But here you are fixated on a turd on a sidewalk in Seattle.
Did you know the sidewalk and curb in front of your home is public property?

No, this is not a joke.

So, get a pooper scooper. Problem solved.

No, this is not a joke.

So, get a pooper scooper. Problem solved.
Just not a hose. Because that's racially insensitive.

Do you realize we have a lot more fun than you do?

Now you know why this problem is almost impossible to fix. Liberals cling to and justify the filth. They will reach back into whatever they can to justify their bizarre positions.

It's a sickness.

No, this is not a joke.

Dafuck does this 'story' have to do with freaking political parties?

There is a good reason Liberalism is considered a mental illness. ..... :cuckoo:

---- or with "Liberalism"?

The left are completely out of their minds. Unbelievable

Or with "the left"?

ZERO of which are described, hinted at, euphemized or implied in the article anywhere.

Hm?

Critical thinking is a lost art.

Who else would bitch about cleaning shit off a sidewalk is racist ? Yes only a demorat.

Got a link?

Nope. Of course you don't.

Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this guy. You don't even know if he has a political party at all, let alone how it would amount to a causation.

Dumb shit.

Party Affiliation ... Larry Gossett admitted he has been a long time member of the Seattle Chapter of the Black Panther Party ... :thup:

No, this is not a joke.

Dafuck does this 'story' have to do with freaking political parties?

There is a good reason Liberalism is considered a mental illness. ..... :cuckoo:

---- or with "Liberalism"?

The left are completely out of their minds. Unbelievable

Or with "the left"?

ZERO of which are described, hinted at, euphemized or implied in the article anywhere.

Hm?

Critical thinking is a lost art.

Who else would bitch about cleaning shit off a sidewalk is racist ? Yes only a demorat.

Got a link?

Nope. Of course you don't.

Let's face it, you don't know jack shit about this guy. You don't even know if he has a political party at all, let alone how it would amount to a causation.

Dumb shit.

Party Affiliation ... Larry Gossett admitted he has been a long time member of the Seattle Chapter of the Black Panther Party ... :thup:.

I just wanna know --- why couldn't it be cashews on the sidewalk? I'd get the next flight.

Forum List

Back