Searching for Feed-Back on a very important subject

Jul 9, 2008
Hello

I am a passionate individual hungry for a better world and view major problems in our current economic system, namely its reliance on consumption.

However I came across a trully shocking video and am wondering where it lies within those whom are technically aware of the economy and how it works.

Item Pending: The federal reserve

Question: Does this Video speak the truth or nonsense about it.

Research: from what I have seen, it is dead on and trully shocking.

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5) All the way to 3.

I cannot post links but if you search that you will find it instantly, its only a very short 20 minute movie, all three first parts included.

Thats part one, it gets really intense in part two, the beggining is slow compared to the rest, part 2 and 3 is where I am interested in knowing the most about.

With care and Political discipline.

Bye 4 now!

I saw those videos.

If you want the 411 on the Federal Reserve, what it does, who does it, it's history and so forth, let me suggest the following

"Secrets of the Temple", by William Greider​

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Temple-Federal-Reserve-Country/dp/0671675567"]Amazon.com: Secrets of the Temple: How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country: William Greider: Books[/ame]​

Now this won't tickle anyone's conspiracy theory bone.

But it tells you essantially what the video tells you, only without the conspiracy hysteria thrown in. (If you read it, and understand it, that'll be scary enough, believe me)

Yes, the Fed is a privately owned Bank with truly enormous power.

Yes, it was originally capitalized by foreign banks and with foreign money.

Yes, money is basically an agreed upon delusion of value, too.

Yes, the economic system we have in place puts banks and bankers in the catbird seat.

Now, before you call for tearing down that Federal banking system, consider that you're going to have to replace it with something unless you're prepared to take our nation back into an agrigarian economic system circa the 1700s.

I know I'm not ready to scratch the dirt and trade my turnips for what I need down at the local market.

Are you?

Last edited:
Hello

I am a passionate individual hungry for a better world and view major problems in our current economic system, namely its reliance on consumption.

However I came across a trully shocking video and am wondering where it lies within those whom are technically aware of the economy and how it works.

Item Pending: The federal reserve

Question: Does this Video speak the truth or nonsense about it.

Research: from what I have seen, it is dead on and trully shocking.

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5) All the way to 3.

I cannot post links but if you search that you will find it instantly, its only a very short 20 minute movie, all three first parts included.

Thats part one, it gets really intense in part two, the beggining is slow compared to the rest, part 2 and 3 is where I am interested in knowing the most about.

With care and Political discipline.

Bye 4 now!

You are correct to be very concerned about an economy dependent on consumption. Especially when it comes to consuming things that are unneccessary. People MUST be taught not to be satisfied with what they have and told they need more and newer.
Those bent on stopping pollution and energy consumption should have one simple message. Don't buy anything other than what is really essential and make do with as little as you can.

You are correct to be very concerned about an economy dependent on consumption. Especially when it comes to consuming things that are unneccessary. People MUST be taught not to be satisfied with what they have and told they need more and newer.
Those bent on stopping pollution and energy consumption should have one simple message. Don't buy anything other than what is really essential and make do with as little as you can.

I won't ague with that, but consumption is not really relevant to the issue of the Federal Reserve Bank.

If you really want to understand the issue of specie and power, read the book I suggested.

You will know more about FED than the majority of people sitting in Congress if you do.

I saw those videos.

If you want the 411 on the Federal Reserve, what it does, who does it, it's history and so forth, let me suggest the following

"Secrets of the Temple", by William Greider​

A book I enjoyed even more ...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/0912986212/ref=pd_sim_b_3]Amazon.com: The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve: G. Edward Griffin: Books[/ame]

Griffin does a fine job of tying historical geopolitical events to financial events (and how the latter influences the former). But it also provides an in-depth overview of the Federal Reserve and the history of money.

Brian

I won't ague with that, but consumption is not really relevant to the issue of the Federal Reserve Bank.

If you really want to understand the issue of specie and power, read the book I suggested.

You will know more about FED than the majority of people sitting in Congress if you do.

True ---a couple of different topics but it will be nice if a few people knew what we are up against economically AND politically.

A book I enjoyed even more ...

Amazon.com: The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve: G. Edward Griffin: Books

Griffin does a fine job of tying historical geopolitical events to financial events (and how the latter influences the former). But it also provides an in-depth overview of the Federal Reserve and the history of money.

Brian

Hear hear.

I have both books. The Creature from Jekyll island is easy, fascinating reading. Secrets of the Temple is...rather dry, in fact I never finished reading it. I would especially recommend Creature to my left-wing friends; it's one of those books that makes you go "ah ha!" and then "why isn't this THE #1 issue amongst liberals??"

My friends and Fellow bringers of change.

What could replace the federal bank??? There was something that exist prior to it that worked suffice to satisfy the needs of the nation of America, therefore there can be again.

This is logical?

How important is this subject and it seems that when you consider the strength of the internation bankers, the owners of the Feds, capacity to bring the economy to its own interests - I feel scared. This is surely a cause for major major worry. The depression will then happen again like it did before, especially when the system does not alot these wealthy beasts and brutes with the power they need, then they will call in all their chips and fuck us in the ass, like the 1930's.

Is this claim illogical?

It seems like it isnt and considering that most people in the Americas know nothing about the way the monetary system works, the system that we alot our efforts to bring food into our bellies and fill our needs, it causes me to believe that there is a cover up and intentional smoke screen, aimed at what i could only imagine would be power gathering, which would put us in the hot seat towards a deep depression again.

Is this fine and rational?

A few years back I wrote an article for The Constitutionalist entitled PREDATORS. Following is an excerpt from the article:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
William Greider, in his book Secrets of the Temple, a work that considers how the Federal Reserve Corporation "runs the country", related how "corporate raiders" are financed by the Federal Reserve Corporation. He wrote about how:

"T. Boone Pickens goes after Unocal. Carl Icahn raids Uniroyal. Capital Cities swallow ABC and General Electric grabs RCA. Ivan Boesky becomes a household name. Instead of the noble function of capital formation, investment bankers were preoccupied by this game of sharks. The stories of high-stakes combat over corporate ownership were no longer exciting once they became commonplace. While corporate raiders talked righteously about defending stockholders against slothful corporate managers, the fundamental force that motivated most of these "deals" was a direct result of the changed economic world the Fed had created — real assets languished and financial assets soared. The aim of the corporate manipulations was to extract capital invested in a company's less profitable real assets, its factories and buildings, so the wealth could be redeployed in the financial assets that offered much higher returns. This was accomplished partly by cannibalizing a company, selling off various parts and taking the cash, and by putting the company deeper into debt — borrowing now against future earnings. Though the techniques differed, the process of recapitalization under way in the eighties was in essence no different from the financial manipulations by J. P. Morgan and his contemporaries early in the century or the speculative stock-market games that financiers played in the 1920's. Nearly every player profited immediately, from the stockholders who got a higher price for their shares to the investment bankers who collected handsome fees for brokering the deals. The potential losers were mostly in the future — when the weakened corporation, saddled with more debt than it could sustain, failed."

He wrote that the larger corporations are not allowed to fail; the Federal Reserve Corporation would not let them fail. "The risk would be born by others, including U.S. taxpayers." Some of these predators have had their hand slapped by the federal government, fined a few million dollars, spent a few months in "summer camp", and then allowed to go free to enjoy millions left untouched that they had pilfered from the various communities through their "junk bond" deals. Our history has recorded the devastations that they have created; homeless people; jobless people; foreclosures; and etc.; while they play their monopoly games, for real.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you recall, anyone, the name of the congressman who reported, while in office, that the FED had indeed engineered the Great Depression, in order to consolidate power (by buying up failed banks, which is set up to fail, via manipulation of inflation)? There was an official congressional report to the effect, but it went about as far as Kerry's report on CIA drug dealing...which is to say, nowhere, despite the piles of evidence.

Ya, the FED needs to go. We did fine without it. It ONLY exists, to secure wealth for the elite. Nothing else. It is theft in motion.

Do you recall, anyone, the name of the congressman who reported, while in office, that the FED had indeed engineered the Great Depression, in order to consolidate power (by buying up failed banks, which is set up to fail, via manipulation of inflation)? There was an official congressional report to the effect, but it went about as far as Kerry's report on CIA drug dealing...which is to say, nowhere, despite the piles of evidence.

Ya, the FED needs to go. We did fine without it. It ONLY exists, to secure wealth for the elite. Nothing else. It is theft in motion.

I believe Lindberg said that right after the Fed legislation was passed.

Alexander Hamilton was appointed Secretary of the Treasury in the Washington administration. He brought forth a proposal to incorporate a National Bank. It is clearly noted during the assembling of the Constitution of the United States, that the government was granted no power to incorporate anything. Mr. Hamilton, being the "smooth talker" that he was, and enticing some congressmen with the promise of shares in the Bank, won the argument in the Congress, and the Bank of US was chartered into existence. Thomas Jefferson, although taken in by Hamilton's oratorial expertise at first, was furiously outspoken against his connivances when he discovered the truth.

I believe Lindberg said that right after the Fed legislation was passed.

Lindberg definitely said, after creation of the Fed, that depressions/recessions would now be scientifically created.

But was I was thinking of was :

......Here I present excerpts from his speech with my comments and analysis (the entire text may be found in the Congressional Record, pages 12595-12603).

Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal reserve banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a Government board, has cheated the Government of the United States out of enough money to pay the national debt. The depredations and the iniquities of the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal reserve banks acting together have cost this country enough money to pay the national debt several times over. This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of the United States; has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Federal Reserve Board and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it (C.R. p. 12595).
Once the hyperbole and histrionics are deducted, there is little remaining of substance in the above quotation. McFadden makes the claim that the Federal Reserve had cost the federal government enough money to "pay the national debt several times over."

The Legendary Tirade of Louis T. McFadden

Another excerpt from an article I wrote several years ago:
Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. warned of the control of the money supply by private individuals in his work in the Congress on the Money Trust in 1913. These warnings went unheeded by the Americans. The Americans now, instead of demanding from the Congress that the money supply be distributed apportionately, as required for transactional medium, across the country, content themselves to watch, on television, the President of the United States begging the Federal Reserve Corporation to reduce interests rates so that money can be borrowed into the marketplace to spur economies in the various States. An economy cannot borrow itself into prosperity; a fact which some Americans are now beginning to realize as the bill comes due. The Congress of the United States, granted the power to promote the general welfare of all of the States in the United States by the Constitution of the United States, remains inert as industries collapse, businesses move to foreign countries, and people become homeless, living on the streets in the wintertime. It is not a question of giving money to homeless people, or the unemployed; nor is this the answer. Those Congressmen who have defied their oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States should become a part of the homeless population, and be replaced by responsible Congressmen. Many Americans look to the President of the United States for policies for economic growth. The President was not granted these powers. The President is responsible for implementing the policies that the Congress enacts, according to the Constitution. President Hoover was blamed, by many Americans, for the devastations which occurred as a result of the policies of the Congress during the 1930's. If the Americans would have seen to it that these Congressmen became part of the homeless population, a different course of history could have been presented in our textbooks. The people can make it happen; if they will.

Hear hear.

I have both books. The Creature from Jekyll island is easy, fascinating reading. Secrets of the Temple is...rather dry, in fact I never finished reading it. I would especially recommend Creature to my left-wing friends; it's one of those books that makes you go "ah ha!" and then "why isn't this THE #1 issue amongst liberals??"
You hit the nail on the head. Makes them look hypocritical eh?

Brian

Journalists Stephen Labaton and Steven R. Weisman wrote for the New York Times 11 July 2008:
Alarmed by the growing financial stress at the nation’s two largest mortgage finance companies, senior Bush administration officials are considering a plan to have the government take over one or both of the companies and place them in a conservatorship if their problems worsen, people briefed about the plan said on Thursday. The companies, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, have been hit hard by the mortgage foreclosure crisis. Their shares are plummeting and their borrowing costs are rising as investors worry that the companies will suffer losses far larger than the $11 billion they have already lost in recent months. Now, as housing prices decline further and foreclosures grow, the markets are worried that Fannie and Freddie themselves may default on their debt. Under a conservatorship, the shares of Fannie and Freddie would be worth little or nothing, and any losses on mortgages they own or guarantee — which could be staggering — would be paid by taxpayers.

The government officials said that the administration had also considered calling for legislation that would offer an explicit government guarantee on the $5 trillion of debt owned or guaranteed by the companies. But that is a far less attractive option, they said, because it would effectively double the size of the public debt.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BaronVonBigmeat
Hear hear.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You hit the nail on the head. Makes them look hypocritical eh?

Brian

It isn't much discussed in liberal circles for the same reason that becoming a FED BASHER in main line conservative circles is the kiss od death..

The moment you begin mentioning the conspiracy of the FED they fit you up with a tinfoil hate and dismiss you to the hinderlands.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

It isn't much discussed in liberal circles for the same reason that becoming a FED BASHER in main line conservative circles is the kiss od death..

The moment you begin mentioning the conspiracy of the FED they fit you up with a tinfoil hate and dismiss you to the hinderlands.

Which to me is unbelievably ironic, because it's the Fed that allows for the out of control spending. Having a sound currency would reign in the spending, which you would THINK would be a position of conservatives. It's getting there though. Slowly, but it's getting there.

Which to me is unbelievably ironic, because it's the Fed that allows for the out of control spending. Having a sound currency would reign in the spending, which you would THINK would be a position of conservatives. It's getting there though. Slowly, but it's getting there.

Here you are again with a totally insane post about the FED. Is it really possible that you are really this stupid? Why do you always try to make people think you are insane?

Here you are again with a totally insane post about the FED. Is it really possible that you are really this stupid? Why do you always try to make people think you are insane?

Yet another timely comeback by Newbarth™

Forum List

Back