Searching for America's starving children

One out of five live beneath the poverty line is what is the fact.

Hungry children? Go to Rivercrest in Angelina County or Ragtown in Shelby County, both in Texas, for starters, muffinhead.

I though you and your left-wing brethren had fixed this? You know, $22,000,000,000,000 later....

I think we need a refund.

Glad you accept that GS cut poverty rates tremendously and have tried to feed the poor and children who could not afford it.

Your way would be to let them all starve.

You take a starving kid, give him food so he isn't starving any more, and then some dipshit comes along and says, "I see no starving kid here!" and attempts to eliminate poverty programs.

Incorrect. In fact it's because of our food safety nets, both public and private, that we've eradicated hunger in America. I have no plans to fix what worked so well. But you can't have it both ways, spending billions on hunger battling programs and then still insisting that 16 million Americans are somehow still hungry. That's some serious Leftist voodoo there.

When all the evidence says kids are indeed hungry, you, saintmike, are not an authority to take seriously that they are all happily fed.

Just the way it is.

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
Child Hunger Poverty Fact Sheet Feeding America

San Diego Hunger Coalition

States where the most children go hungry

For Republicans it's not enough to see studies. They want to see children suffering. They want the kids crying from hunger. Then they will tell the mother it's her fault for having a kids she can't take care of.
Wow, a lot of people saying the same lie. Where are those starving children? Because I'm told that if I go to a school and into a classroom of 30 kids, I should find 6 of them who go hungry. Are there 6 kids in every classroom that are starving?

The only one lying in this thread has been you.

No one has claimed that children in America are starving- not the link that you posted- not anyone here.

That is entirely your lie.

Why do you lie about this in order to attack the organizations trying to feed poor and hungry Americans?

I don't know.

You take a starving kid, give him food so he isn't starving any more, and then some dipshit comes along and says, "I see no starving kid here!" and attempts to eliminate poverty programs.

Incorrect. In fact it's because of our food safety nets, both public and private, that we've eradicated hunger in America.

We have eradicated starvation.

Clearly we have not eradicated hunger, though there are food safety nets working very hard to try to eliminate all hunger- there are still hungry Americans who rely upon that assistance.

saintmichael is a far right social con who believes in a wack version of end times in America and his kind take over. I don't think he realizes if that happens, the poor and hungry and ill and lame and crazy are going to descend on them for care. He just does not think critically.

You take a starving kid, give him food, and then some dipshit comes along and says, "I see no starving kid here!" and attempts to cut poverty programs.

Show us these starving children. jakethefake couldn't!
Thank you for playing along.

"I see no starving kid here!"

How many children are poor Institute for Research on Poverty

That proves what? There are children in poor households? That's a given, but nothing in the link shows starving children.

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
Child Hunger Poverty Fact Sheet Feeding America

San Diego Hunger Coalition

States where the most children go hungry

For Republicans it's not enough to see studies. They want to see children suffering. They want the kids crying from hunger. Then they will tell the mother it's her fault for having a kids she can't take care of.
Wow, a lot of people saying the same lie. Where are those starving children? Because I'm told that if I go to a school and into a classroom of 30 kids, I should find 6 of them who go hungry. Are there 6 kids in every classroom that are starving?

The only one lying in this thread has been you.

No one has claimed that children in America are starving- not the link that you posted- not anyone here.

That is entirely your lie.

Why do you lie about this in order to attack the organizations trying to feed poor and hungry Americans?

I don't know.

Then you haven't read jakes post.

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats. Far too many people have access only to conveinence stores or neighborhood bodegas. Where the food options are slight and poor.

Far too many people must endure long trips just to get to a grocer, and then a long trip home schlepping their groceries.

Too many Conservatives dismiss poverty as a chapter flaw claiming the poor are lazy and shiftless without fully understanding their problems. Why? Because it's the easy way out of actually finding solutions. Acting on anecdote rather than fact, greed rather than compassion.

Yeah, this is Somalia in the dust bowl. Poor waifs stepping over the dead bodies of those who collapsed in the streets from starvation, because they couldn't find a market within a thousand miles.

ROFL

The fucking lies you piles of shit tell - I suspect you believe your own lies - so as to support your evil political goals..

Poor is a bullshit term, one you commies love to toss about, precisely because it has no meaning.

---

Did you know that there are children out there suffering in the most desperate of poverty? Meet little jake5000, this poor urchin lives in dire conditions where he had to wait until the XBox 1 went on sale before he could get one. The Cleaning service had to be reduced to 2 days a week because of cuts to SNAP benefits. This is a level of poverty that must be addressed by raising taxes to 99%... Jake is food insecure, not only that, but his BUTLER is food insecure - this is terrible poverty...

You take a starving kid, give him food, and then some dipshit comes along and says, "I see no starving kid here!" and attempts to cut poverty programs.

Show us these starving children. jakethefake couldn't!

That proves what? There are children in poor households? That's a given, but nothing in the link shows starving children.

Nor does it prove why these people are poor.. in liberal lalaland people are poor because they just don't have money.. so, giving them money will make them no longer poor. Shit, we've been doing that for 50 years and to the tune of $22 trillion. How'd that work out again?

Poor is a bullshit term, one you commies love to toss about, precisely because it has no meaning.

---

Did you know that there are children out there suffering in the most desperate of poverty? Meet little jake5000, this poor urchin lives in dire conditions where he had to wait until the XBox 1 went on sale before he could get one. The Cleaning service had to be reduced to 2 days a week because of cuts to SNAP benefits. This is a level of poverty that must be addressed by raising taxes to 99%... Jake is food insecure, not only that, but his BUTLER is food insecure - this is terrible poverty...
Okay, class. This is an excellent exercise to see if you can name all of the logical fallacies in this post.

---

Not to mention that the more we let them have their way, the more poor people we get.

Forum List

Back