Searching for America's starving children

False conclusion by lonestar-logic, by extrapolating that some poor have some TVs or cars or have (own? [that needs absolute evidence]) that somehow the parents are at fault. There is no logic to that reasoning. But . . . it is better than saintmike's nuh uh nonsense, where as lonestar simply has less sense than common.

Facts are 1 in 5 kids suffer from hunger and malnutrition, and some even starve.

False conclusion by lonestar-logic, by extrapolating that some poor have some TVs or cars or have (own? [that needs absolute evidence]) that somehow the parents are at fault. There is no logic to that reasoning. But . . . it is better than saintmike's nuh uh nonsense, where as lonestar simply has less sense than common.

Facts are 1 in 5 kids suffer from hunger and malnutrition, and some even starve.
Like I said, if there is a child suffering from malnutrition (None are starving from hunger), it is the parents fault. Tell them to get rid if their Ipods, phones and start feeding their children nutrition, not junk food.

Jackson, that is merely your assertion, for you have no facts that what you say is true.

MALNUTRITION DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

We average about ten per million, so about 3,200 a year starve to death in America. Fifty countries have lower rates.
Then you should have no problem citing an example with all these people starving to death.
I have cited the stats. Tell us why they are not good enough. And I notice you have all given up on hunger and malnutrition as real factors in American society.
Somehow you think that your "stats" are a substitute for the embarrassing fact that there are no starving children. It's like you cultists with your global warming, citing your computer models in contravention of the fact that the globe is not warming. You cling to your fantasies so tightly that you can't open your eyes and see the world doesn't line up with your fanciful claims.

Where are the starving children, JakeStarkey? With 16 million starving children, I should be tripping over them.
You have to look behind the fat kids.

Jackson, that is merely your assertion, for you have no facts that what you say is true.
The truth of the matter is Americans are fat and getting fatter. As late as 1990, not a single U.S. state had an obesity rate above 15%*. In 2010, merely 20 years later, a dozen states have an obesity rate over 30%. And most shockingly, 69.2% of Americans age 20 or over are obese or overweight.

So that leads to a rather obvious contradiction: How can Americans be both obese and on the verge of starvation?

The answer is simple: Very few, if any, Americans are literally starving. Instead, a considerable number of Americans live in "food insecure households." And progressive activists like Mr. Berg dishonestly use the word "starvation" to refer to what would happen to these people if there were no food stamps.

How Can Americans Be Both Obese and Starving RealClearScience

Last edited:
JakeStarkey wrote the following
What if I gave you stats showing that purple aliens were roaming in our midst by the millions, would you believe those stats even though you never see them?

Where are they, JakeStarkey?
What a silly fallacy of false assertion to compare with an actual, verifiable, recognized source, mike. You sound like that crazy man, keys, thinking his word is authoritative. Neither is yours.

As a recap and for those new to this thread: mike wanted facts and stats on hunger, malnutrition, and starvation among American children. He was given qualified, quantified evidence that is indisputable. He refuses to accept it, so he has been punked yet once again.

And he claims to be a faithful RC. He is our Board's Mel Gibson. Heavens help us.

Here's your warning. Stop sending me harassing PM's or I will report you to the site administrators. This warning will not be repeated.

If you can't say out out in public, I don't want to hear it. Keep your goddamned PM's to yourself, you pussy shit asshole. I mean it.
And so what? One, I don't send you harassing PMs, and your discussion of PMs here in not within the rules unless you ask permission. You are unhappy that you got corrected . . . again. You can't troll without incident, bub. I will let you know every single time. And that is your warning. Jeez, you are not a fifth grade girl.

JakeStarkey wrote the following
What if I gave you stats showing that purple aliens were roaming in our midst by the millions, would you believe those stats even though you never see them?

Where are they, JakeStarkey?
What a silly fallacy of false assertion to compare with an actual, verifiable, recognized source, mike. You sound like that crazy man, keys, thinking his word is authoritative. Neither is yours.

As a recap and for those new to this thread: mike wanted facts and stats on hunger, malnutrition, and starvation among American children. He was given qualified, quantified evidence that is indisputable. He refuses to accept it, so he has been punked yet once again.

And he claims to be a faithful RC. He is our Board's Mel Gibson. Heavens help us.

Here's your warning. Stop sending me harassing PM's or I will report you to the site administrators. This warning will not be repeated.

If you can't say out out in public, I don't want to hear it. Keep your goddamned PM's to yourself, you pussy shit asshole. I mean it.
So what? You are unhappy that you got corrected . . . again. You can't troll without incident, bub. I will let you know every single time.
You're threatening to continue harassing me over the PM after I asked you not to? I just want to get you on record saying that.

When called and asked parents "Are your children hungry?" Many probably said, "They are always hungry! Right after dinner, they head for the chips and ice cream!"

Like I said, common sense is needed. It's obvious you lack any.

The truth of the matter is Americans are fat and getting fatter. As late as 1990, not a single U.S. state had an obesity rate above 15%*. In 2010, merely 20 years later, a dozen states have an obesity rate over 30%. And most shockingly, 69.2% of Americans age 20 or over are obese or overweight.

So that leads to a rather obvious contradiction: How can Americans be both obese and on the verge of starvation?

The answer is simple: Very few, if any, Americans are literally starving. Instead, a considerable number of Americans live in "food insecure households." And progressive activists like Mr. Berg dishonestly use the word "starvation" to refer to what would happen to these people if there were no food stamps.

How Can Americans Be Both Obese and Starving RealClearScience
Does this take care of the matter, Jake? You are not responding.

I have the stats and evidence, and you have the malarkey.

Jackson, I see your opinion, and some of it is OK, some of it is not.

Right now saintmike is having a hissy fit with me because of something he should not have done. So my attention is diverted.

Stats can be manipulated. Fact is, children are not starving to death at the rate you suggested. There is a difference between malnutrition and starvation. Children are being fed in this country, period.

Stats can be manipulated. Fact is, children are not starving to death at the rate you suggested. There is a difference between malnutrition and starvation. Children are being fed in this country, period.
Your comments are merely assertions and worth nothing.

You're threatening to continue harassing me over the PM after I asked you not to? I just want to get you on record saying that.
You are discussing, in violation of the rules, the material of PMs. That is now on record and reported. You will not be allowed to troll without incident, bub.

The rules say I can't reveal the contents of your PM without your permission. I sure as hell can say something about you sending PMs instead of discussing things out in the open like a real man. Keep your pussy ass PMs to yourself or you're going to get yourself banned. You've been notified.
:lol: Such a hissy. You are on record discussing the nature of the PMs. You have been warned. Enough.
Exactly. Enough. No more PM's or you'll be reported for abusing the PM system. Keep it out here or STFU because I don't want to hear from you in pussy mode.
Stop abusing the rules, for which you have been reported. There is not a thing you can do. Enough. You got spanked. Live with it.
No more comments except about starving children. Your only warning.

Nothing by anyone has refuted that the 1 in 5 American children may be hungry and some have actually starved.

As are yours.

You are discussing, in violation of the rules, the material of PMs. That is now on record and reported. You will not be allowed to troll without incident, bub.

The rules say I can't reveal the contents of your PM without your permission. I sure as hell can say something about you sending PMs instead of discussing things out in the open like a real man. Keep your pussy ass PMs to yourself or you're going to get yourself banned. You've been notified.
:lol: Such a hissy. You are on record discussing the nature of the PMs. You have been warned. Enough.
Exactly. Enough. No more PM's or you'll be reported for abusing the PM system. Keep it out here or STFU because I don't want to hear from you in pussy mode.
Stop abusing the rules, for which you have been reported. There is not a thing you can do. Enough. You got spanked. Live with it.

Nothing by anyone has refuted that the 1 in 5 American children may be hungry and some have actually starved.

Where are they? That's the strongest refutation there is.

You have been corrected, saintmike, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Now, do you have any stats or facts or evidence or whatever on the OP?

So, who started with the fallacy that children were starving in the US?

As are yours.
I gave facts and sources above. No one on the far right has done anything of the sort.

Forum List

Back