Search engines are not honest

It's undeniable how the popular search engines "stack" hits on the first pages for Liberals and against Conservatives. Even DuckDuckGo has been disappointing lately, showing more Left leaning hits on the first pages.

I am sure many of you have noticed that you enter something in a search engine but instead of being directed to what you are searching for they often will send you in the opposite direction to either protect a product or idea or to promote some product or idea.....this has gotten much worse recently.
Wanted: an honest search engine - May 2005 - Forums

Yes. True. For some time I've been using Google alternatives such as Duck-Duck Go and Dogpile. However, even those alternatives now return top results slanted politically to the radical American Left. Before too long, we who are not radical Leftists will be unable to support debate arguments with internet links illustrating opposing views because there won't be any (opposing views) left online. Hell of thing. Well, at least I still have a thirty year old set of Funk and Wagnalls gathering dust around here.

Well, search engines ARE businesses after all. They're going to maximize their profit potential.

It's undeniable how the popular search engines "stack" hits on the first pages for Liberals and against Conservatives. Even DuckDuckGo has been disappointing lately, showing more Left leaning hits on the first pages.
Nonsense.

That a search might result in facts that conservatives don’t like or that conflict with wrongheaded conservative dogma doesn’t mean the search engine ‘favors’ the ‘left.’

Indeed, searches always bring up an abundance of rightwing websites.

Forum List

Back