Sean Penn: The "Malvinas"

Um, told the total truth... but you guys are masters of spin.

Fact. - the UK negotiated with Argentina.

Fact- They beat up on a smaller and weaker country over nothing worth a single life.

Fact- They continue to justify their stupidity, 30 years later.

Other than that, the rest is chest beating filler by people who never wore uniforms.

"The Bravery of Being out of Range"

You'll find that both the Brits in this thread wore the uniform of the British armed forces. I now await your next attempt to demean our service, which appears to be very much your style.

Fact- They beat up on a smaller and weaker country over nothing worth a single life.

Other than that, the rest is chest beating filler by people who never wore uniforms.

You'll find that both the Brits in this thread wore the uniform of the British armed forces. I now await your next attempt to demean our service, which appears to be very much your style.

Well, so you say...

I mean, everyone can be SAS or a Green Beret on a message board, can't they?

Well, so you say...

I mean, everyone can be SAS or a Green Beret on a message board, can't they?

Thanks for proving me right...yet again. :badgrin:

Not really, guy.

Frankly, I've seen a lot of fakes get on here and tell me they were all sorts of brave military, and then couldn't tell me what their MOS was when I asked them.

Because they had no idea what an MOS was.

I suspect there are a lot of Falklands vets who tell themselves that it was a noble cause.

I'm sure there are lot of guys who fought in El Salvador's Soccer War, or any of the other silly wars fought that they were fighting for a noble cause.

It's why we keep fighting wars... which by the way, is ALWAYS a bad thing.

Not really, guy.

Frankly, I've seen a lot of fakes get on here and tell me they were all sorts of brave military, and then couldn't tell me what their MOS was when I asked them.

I suspect there are a lot of Falklands vets who tell themselves that it was a noble cause.

I'm sure there are lot of guys who fought in El Salvador's Soccer War, or any of the other silly wars fought that they were fighting for a noble cause.

Lie #1.

Before the 1982 War, the UK was talking about outright giving the Falklands (or the Malvinas) to Argentina.

Here's the thing. They spent a billion dollars on the Falklands war. That was enough to pay each and every Falklander a million dollars to go move somewhere nice. Today, the UK is fucking broke. they don't have the money or the will to fight another war.

For Argentina, this is a matter of nationalism.

Lie / half-truth #6.

And that's just the first four pages.

I'll leave it at that because everyone gets the picture, and I've grown bored of this.

Not really, guy.

I'll save you the trouble of asking: PMOS (and DMOS) 1542 (old system). You should know what that is. I left off the SQI prefix; see if you can guess which one.

BTW Colin (if I recall correctly), served in the British Army. The Parachute Regiment, Colin?

Last edited:
What they are saying is, "We are soooo insecure we can't admit we fucked up."

That's all I'm hearing.

Just like you can't admit you scumbag lowlife shitheels on Wall Street weren't the least responsible for the 2008 crash.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Deflection, as to be expected when the leftist JoeAmpad gets pwnd in a thread.

:thup:

Yawn... no one owned me here..

I'm still waiting for one Thatcher apologist who can tell me a good reason why 900 people had to die for fucking sheep.

Man up, take responsiblity. This was a rich country beating up on a small one over a nothing issue.

Nobody would have died if Argentina hadn't invaded. But you are too prejudiced and/or stupid to recognize that simple fact.

Not really, guy.

I'll save you the trouble of asking: PMOS (and DMOS) 1542 (old system). You should know what that is. I left off the SQI prefix; see if you can guess which one.

BTW Colin (if I recall correctly), served in the British Army. The Parachute Regiment, Colin?

Correct, Gadfly. 3rd Battalion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Deflection, as to be expected when the leftist JoeAmpad gets pwnd in a thread.

:thup:

I'm still waiting for one Thatcher apologist who can tell me a good reason why 900 people had to die for fucking sheep.

Man up, take responsiblity. This was a rich country beating up on a small one over a nothing issue.

Nobody would have died if Argentina hadn't invaded. But you are too prejudiced and/or stupid to recognize that simple fact.

No one would have died if Britian had returned the Islands in 1965 when Argentina first asked for them.

But, hey, the important thing is the UK kept her sheep...

Like little Bo Peep.

No one would have died if Britian had returned the Islands in 1965 when Argentina first asked for them.

Like little Bo Peep.

Pretty pathetic.

Like little Bo Peep.

Pretty pathetic.

Ummm, yes, it is.

A great country bankrupting itself defending islands that are of no value to them... is kind of sad, really.

Like little Bo Peep.

Pretty pathetic.

Ummm, yes, it is.

A great country bankrupting itself defending islands that are of no value to them... is kind of sad, really.

Lie.

Lying to support your claims is sad, really.

Like little Bo Peep.

Pretty pathetic.

Ummm, yes, it is.

Argentina did indeed bankrupt itself, several times over.

Ummm, yes, it is.

Argentina did indeed bankrupt itself, several times over.

and so is the UK... that's the point....

The thing is, Argentina could really get use out of the Malvinas. the UK can't, they are too remote to exploit or develop.

Again you are factually challenged.

The UK is not bankrupt and is in stellar economic shape compared to Argentina.

And the UK has a lot more expertise with these kinds of Islands than Argentina does. Who has more offshore expertise you think?

Probably you are also geographically challenged and don't realize how far from Argentina the Falklands really are.

Forum List

Back