Sean Penn: The "Malvinas"

Fuck Penn. Who gives a fuck what Penn thinks.

Sean Penn: "Britain must negotiate with Argentina over Falklands."

Penn Trials His New Face Fluff in Buenos Aires - Telegraph

Really? First Hillary, now Penn. Perhaps they can join forces and finance another attempt at retaking those islands that are clearly dear to the hearts, yet have absolutely no business in whatsoever.
IGNORE the political opinions of actors/actresses then.

Granny says here's somethin' more important to worry `bout...
:mad:
Confronting Argentina's people-traffickers
2 April 2012 - She has survived two murder attempts, her house was burnt down, she has received countless death threats, but nothing has stopped Susana Trimarco from looking for her missing daughter for the last 10 years.
On 3 April Maria de los Angeles Veron, known as "Marita", went missing. In February, 13 people accused of kidnapping Ms Veron and selling her to traffickers who forced her into prostitution went on trial in a court in Tucuman province, in the north west of Argentina. This case has become over the years a symbol of the fight against human trafficking in Argentina and most of South America. Especially because of what Mrs Trimarco has done over the last decade.

In the search for her daughter she infiltrated herself into human trafficking gangs pretending to be interested in "buying" women. The information gathered by these actions led to police raids which rescued dozens of women who were being sexually exploited. Mrs Trimarco later launched the Fundacion Maria de los Angeles, named after her missing daughter. Since 2007 it has helped rescue hundreds of victims of sexual exploitation and human trafficking. Acts to commemorate Ms Veron's disappearance will be held today in Tucuman, and her mother is adamant that she will have no rest "until I find Marita".

'Collusion by officials'

"3 April 2002 was the saddest day of my life. I will never forget that day, as it was when my daughter's life was destroyed," Mrs Trimarco tells the BBC. "This is a terrible pain I have permanently carried in my soul. I'm almost used to living with it." Talking to Mrs Trimarco is telling. Her stern face rarely seems to smile. She is not rude, but is strong in her words and gestures. "When Marita did not come back that day, I and my husband felt something terrible had happened. As a parent you just sense these things," she says. She and her husband Daniel, who died in 2010, asked at hospitals, and spoke to police and neighbours about Marita. No-one knew her whereabouts.

After several days there was a breakthrough. Someone had seen her being pushed inside a vehicle by three men. And weeks later a prostitute confirmed their worst fears. They were told that their daughter had been "sold" to traffickers. Mrs Trimarco says the authorities in the province at the time, as well as former members of the police and the judiciary, were in collusion with the traffickers, which is why it was so difficult to find her daughter. She has recently testified in court, giving names and evidence backing her claims. There are former police officers among the 13 people accused of Ms Veron's kidnapping. All deny the charges.

Raid on brothel

Really? First Hillary, now Penn. Perhaps they can join forces and finance another attempt at retaking those islands that are clearly dear to the hearts, yet have absolutely no business in whatsoever.

Penn needs to just shut up. I have a deal the UK should make, "no Argentinian comes within 100 miles of the Falklands and we won't blow you up again, do we have a deal?"

Before the 1982 War, the UK was talking about outright giving the Falklands (or the Malvinas) to Argentina.

After a thousand dead and a billion wasted on a war one Argentinian commentator compared to "Two Bald men fighting over a comb", the UK can't cut a deal to hand them over, even though the UK has no real use for them themselves. It isn't like they need a coaling station for their worldwide empire.

Sean Penn can kiss the ass of the Her Majesty's Armed Forces.

The Falkands are British. The Falklands will remain British. The British don't have to negotiate with anyone.

The Falkands are British. The Falklands will remain British. The British don't have to negotiate with anyone.

Ooookay, because it was totally worth killing 1000 people over islands they were willing to give away.

Another Chickenhawk heard from.

The people of those islands think they're worth fighting and dying for. Perhaps they have more courage than you.

Britain didn't force Argentina to invade, the Argies chose to do that... mainly to deflect from their horrible internal issues at that time... the invasion was more about the Argie Government trying to distract its own citizens from their clusterfuck than it was over any real claim.

They have no claim on the Falklands.... those islands are British territory... the islanders choose to remain British and Britain has pledged to protect that.

Of course, if you don't give a shit about others, then 1000 people is too high a price. And.... it was 255 on the British side..... those are the only deaths that count. Argentina invaded so those 649 deaths are their responsibility.

Ooookay, because it was totally worth killing 1000 people over islands they were willing to give away.

Another Chickenhawk heard from.

And the people who live there are just livestock, to be decided on by others?

Seems this should be between the islanders in Britain.

Argentina has no say.

That's the point. The Islanders had the vote. They voted to remain part of Britain. And Britain has guaranteed their right to remain part of that nation. Therefore, should the Argie be stupid enough to want to take on the might of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, then they can sacrifice another 1000 men and lose again. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: " Her Majesty" :cuckoo:

British Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also known as Her Majesty's Armed Forces and sometimes legally the Armed Forces of the Crown,[4] the British Armed Forces encompasses three professional uniformed services: the Royal Navy (including the Royal Marines), the British Army, and the Royal Air Force.[5]

Nothing :cuckoo: about it.

Argentina has no say.

That's the point. The Islanders had the vote. They voted to remain part of Britain. And Britain has guaranteed their right to remain part of that nation. Therefore, should the Argie be stupid enough to want to take on the might of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, then they can sacrifice another 1000 men and lose again. :lol:

it was 82. I'm certain that if they wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much to prevent it.

Besides, who would want to go from being part of a first world power player to part of a second world country?

Argentina has no say.

it was 82. I'm certain that if they wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much to prevent it.

Besides, who would want to go from being part of a first world power player to part of a second world country?

You want to bet on that? Because, according to Britain, if Argentina tries to invade again.... they will be met with the same reaction from Britain. Britain has no intention of giving up the Falklands.

82?

Forum List

Back