Sean Penn: The "Malvinas"

I was a Republican before this election, I'll be one after Romney is defeated.

Incidently, I voted for Santorum in the IL primary. Do try to keep up.

I'm actually indifferent to Democracy. As Churchill said, it's the worst form of government, except all the others.

Democracy would be 1000 inbred sheepherders against a few million Argentinians... I don't think that would have been much of a vote.

Nothing like using a quote out of context, eh. Perhaps you don't know what the quote meant, but I suspect it is yet another example of your ignorance and deviousness.

The full quote is..."No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Already taking on a different meaning to that intended by you, eh Joe!

What Churchill meant by this was that there is no such thing as a perfect form of government, but any other form of government produces even less desirable results than democracy.

You, chum, are a fraud, a poser and a liar!

YOu chum, need to learn to take achill pill..

I don't get all misty eyed over democracy. I've seen too many charming idiots fuck things up because they convinced stupid people to vote for them.

The point is, you want to paint it as a good old democracy against a mean old dictatorship (even though Argentina has pressed its claims to the Malvinas when it was a democracy before and after the Junta of Galtiari).

I see it as a wealthy country beating up on a poor one, for resources it doesn't need.

No explanation for your devious trick of using quotes out of context to support your views?

Nothing like using a quote out of context, eh. Perhaps you don't know what the quote meant, but I suspect it is yet another example of your ignorance and deviousness.

The full quote is..."No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

What Churchill meant by this was that there is no such thing as a perfect form of government, but any other form of government produces even less desirable results than democracy.

Not only does Joey re-write history, he also has a habit of re-writing quotes to suit his idiocy... he's done that more than once. He has no credibility.

The longer quote doesn't change the meaning, no matter how much you want it to.

In fact, any form of government can be really good or really awful. It just kind of depends on the people in charge.

Which is why I'm not voting for your weird Mormon Robot.

You keep lying about changing a quote not changing the meaning.... anyone with an intellect into double digits gets how fucking stupid that is.

I don't care whether you vote for Romney or that fucking assclown incumbent... your vote..... just stop fucking lying, JoeyBoy... you make yourself look amoral.

Here's the moral choices.

1) Tell the 3000 inbred sheepherders they have the choice of either becoming Argentinian citizens, as British colonists all over world were told when they empire pulled out.

2) Offer to relocate them to Britian.

3) Go to war over Islands you don't need, spending money you don't have, killing people who really don't need to die.

I consider 1 and 2 the Moral Choices...

Toro, Colin and Calighoul consider 3 the moral choice.

Hmmmmmm :doubt:

Not only does Joey re-write history, he also has a habit of re-writing quotes to suit his idiocy... he's done that more than once. He has no credibility.

In fact, any form of government can be really good or really awful. It just kind of depends on the people in charge.

Wrong again. There is ample explanation of what Churchill meant by that quote all over the Internet and it's nowhere close to the interpretation you're trying to introduce. But do carry on making yourself look foolish.

Wrong again. There is ample explanation of what Churchill meant by that quote all over the Internet and it's nowhere close to the interpretation you're trying to introduce. But do carry on making yourself look foolish.

You mean there is ample interpretation... You have yours, I have mine.

Churchill also wanted to start a war with the USSR and tried to desperately hold on to India after the Indians essentially fought Britians war for it. (Seriously, WWII was "Outsourced"! Look it up!)

Democracy works well if people are informed and willing to pony up and do their part. It works less well when people are just voting for goodies...

1) Tell the 3000 inbred sheepherders they have the choice of either becoming Argentinian citizens, as British colonists all over world were told when they empire pulled out.

3) Go to war over Islands you don't need, spending money you don't have, killing people who really don't need to die.

Good. You continue to consider what you like. Meanwhile we'll run our country as we see fit. That means you can concentrate your efforts in your own back yard rather than spouting your half-cocked rhetoric about the rest of the world which seems to be well outside of your limited sphere of knowledge.

And you do yourself no credit by consistently referring to the Falklanders as 'inbred sheep herders'. It simply reinforces the impression that you are a rather bitter and sad little man.

Good. You continue to consider what you like. Meanwhile we'll run our country as we see fit. That means you can concentrate your efforts in your own back yard rather than spouting your half-cocked rhetoric about the rest of the world which seems to be well outside of your limited sphere of knowledge.

And you do yourself no credit by consistently referring to the Falklanders as 'inbred sheep herders'. It simply reinforces the impression that you are a rather bitter and sad little man.

JoeyB seems very comfortable to label as 'inbred sheepherders' a group of people that he clearly knows jack shit about. I am not surprised that he supports Obama. :lol:

You mean there is ample interpretation... You have yours, I have mine.

Churchill also wanted to start a war with the USSR and tried to desperately hold on to India after the Indians essentially fought Britians war for it. (Seriously, WWII was "Outsourced"! Look it up!)

Democracy works well if people are informed and willing to pony up and do their part. It works less well when people are just voting for goodies...

Yes and yours is a distortion of fact. And that is undeniable!

Hey, it's not like you have a huge genetic pool on an Island with only a thousand or so people on it, is it?

Given your country's habit of running to us to bail you out when your mouths write checks your asses can't cash, I think I'll reserve the right to be concerned when you act stupid.

JoeyB seems very comfortable to label as 'inbred sheepherders' a group of people that he clearly knows jack shit about. I am not surprised that he supports Obama. :lol:

I remember the footage from the war back in '82. Yeah, that was an accurate description.

Of course, "Inbred" could probably also describe the Royal family. Just sayin'.

I remember the footage from the war back in '82. Yeah, that was an accurate description.

Mirror?

Hey, it's not like you have a huge genetic pool on an Island with only a thousand or so people on it, is it?

Given your country's habit of running to us to bail you out when your mouths write checks your asses can't cash, I think I'll reserve the right to be concerned when you act stupid.

:lol: A big fat worm on a hook doesn't wriggle as much as you, chum. Now you resort to the childish tactic of attempting to demean. As I previously said, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Anyway, I always knew you were airing your dislike of us. As I said before, better to come right out and air your hatred. At least you won't look as stupid as you do by using a topic you know nothing about. BTW your facts are once again somewhat off the accurate, but a leopard doesn't change its spots, so no surprise there. Well, not much to add really. This thread has run its course and has at least served to expose you for what you are.

That's more like it! Now we really can see where you're coming from! :lol: Your credibility just ran down the plughole.

Fail or flail? Joey appears to be flailing around trying to pretend that history didn't happen.

Or adapting history to suit his own needs.

History is largely a point of view.

You guys claim there were no negotiations, when there were. So this whole notion of Britian "defending its territory" was silly, as they were willing to call it Argentinian territory as long as they got the fig leaf of "self-determination".

OK, I've heard enough of your drivel, Joe. "History is largely a point of view" huh? What kind of "history" would that be; the sort you leftist whiners like to revise whenever it suits you, no doubt. You a republican? Nah, I think you're just another little pro-union leftie who couldn't hold a job on merit, and needs a fucking union to protect him from his own laziness. You're a whiny little bitch about that too! As for anybody being sent to fight a "worthless" war, what the hell would YOU know about that? You ever fought a war, or do you just flap your gums about it? Well, I have, and you know what, Joe, my country didn't have to draft my ass and make me go to Vietnam, either; I volunteered, and although I didn't enjoy it much, I'd do it again, in a heartbeat. I'd do it again, because I think the idea that people who have their own country, haven't committed an act of aggression, and have voted to keep it independent of a bigger country next door, damn well have the right to do that without the neighborhood bully overriding their vote with an armed invasion, IS worth defending! That's why I went halfway around the world to kick the ass of Uncle Ho's boys, and why my only regret is that we did not go all the way to Hanoi, and hang the sonofabitch by his testicles! That principle damn well IS worth fighting and dying for, whether the people being defended are a hundred, or a hundred million, and if you can't understand that, then in my book, you ain't much of a man, and you sure as hell ain't much of an American!

As for the Brits, they have fought alongside us in two world wars, in the Gulf, and in the sandbox. Some of their SAS guys actually helped train us for Vietnam. They are damn fine professionals and damn good men, who believe in the same principles we do, and this American fighting man would be honored to fight alongside them, anytime, anywhere! That includes defending the rights of a small, independent group of "inbred sheep herders" who have decided they'd rather be British, than Argentine.

That "chickenhawk" epithet won't work with me, and anything else you want to throw out there won't be anything I haven't heard from a bunch of stupid cowardly hippies ever since I got home. I guess you'll just have to sit there, whine and pout. Want a tissue?

Last edited:
OK, I've heard enough of your drivel, Joe. "History is largely a point of view" huh? What kind of "history" would that be; the sort you leftist whiners like to revise whenever it suits you, no doubt. You a republican? Nah, I think you're just another little pro-union leftie who couldn't hold a job on merit, and needs a fucking union to protect him from his own laziness. You're a whiny little bitch about that too!

Actually, never lost a job because of my performance. Usually, when I've lost a job, it's because management either ran the whole company out of business or lost the business that I was involved with... So argument fail....

To the point, though, also never worked for a company where they didn't pretty much outright lie to me. Every. Fucking. Time. All unions do is make them keep their word.

As for anybody being sent to fight a "worthless" war, what the hell would YOU know about that? You ever fought a war, or do you just flap your gums about it? Well, I have, and you know what, Joe, my country didn't have to draft my ass and make me go to Vietnam, either; I volunteered, and although I didn't enjoy it much, I'd do it again, in a heartbeat. I'd do it again, because I think the idea that people who have their own country, haven't committed an act of aggression, and have voted to keep it independent of a bigger country next door, damn well have the right to do that without the neighborhood bully overriding their vote with an armed invasion, IS worth defending! That's why I went halfway around the world to kick the ass of Uncle Ho's boys, and why my only regret is that we did not go all the way to Hanoi, and hang the sonofabitch by his testicles! That principle damn well IS worth fighting and dying for, whether the people being defended are a hundred, or a hundred million, and if you can't understand that, then in my book, you ain't much of a man, and you sure as hell ain't much of an American!

I volunteered, too. But, yes, most wars are kind of useless. Our own leaders admitted Vietnam was 1) Unwinnalbe and 2) the People would have picked the Commies if there was ever an honest vote. Which is why the Saigon regime lasted exactly 55 days when it was invaded after we left. No one wanted to fight for it that bad.

I'm sorry our leaders wasted so many lives before admitting this obvious truth to themselves. taking nothing away from those who serve to admit the policy was kind of retarded.

As for the Brits, they have fought alongside us in two world wars, in the Gulf, and in the sandbox. Some of their SAS guys actually helped train us for Vietnam. They are damn fine professionals and damn good men, who believe in the same principles we do, and this American fighting man would be honored to fight alongside them, anytime, anywhere! That includes defending the rights of a small, independent group of "inbred sheep herders" who have decided they'd rather be British, than Argentine.

Sorry, just don't see blowing a billion dollars and 900 lives for 2000 sheepherders to be worth it. Not Cost effective, especially since EVENTUALLY, they'll have to turn those Islands over, regardless.

That "chickenhawk" epithet won't work with me, and anything else you want to throw out there won't be anything I haven't heard from a bunch of stupid cowardly hippies ever since I got home. I guess you'll just have to sit there, whine and pout. Want a tissue?

Only guy I see whining here is you, guy. YOu're still whining because the Hippies didn't appreciate yoru service.

Mirror?

Naw, you probably shouldn use one of those... I hear they crack.

That is indeed what many factually challenged people tend to say after it has been demonstrated that they are just plain wrong on the facts.

Not at all. You cherry pick the facts that make your case, I make the ones that back mine.

But at the end of the day, the Mighty and Noble United Kingdom fought a war over sheep.

Hey, this was a funny humor article. It's the "Five Most retarded wars ever fought".

The 5 Most Retarded Wars Ever Fought | Cracked.com

Four of them involved the United Kingdom.... Imagine that. And the Falklands wasn't one of them... They needed a bigger list.

That is indeed what many factually challenged people tend to say after it has been demonstrated that they are just plain wrong on the facts.

Not at all. You cherry pick the facts that make your case, I make the ones that back mine.

But at the end of the day, the Mighty and Noble United Kingdom fought a war over sheep.

Hey, this was a funny humor article. It's the "Five Most retarded wars ever fought".

The 5 Most Retarded Wars Ever Fought | Cracked.com

Four of them involved the United Kingdom.... Imagine that. And the Falklands wasn't one of them... They needed a bigger list.

Nah. You distort the facts in an attempt to qualify your personal agenda. Just like you attempted to take the Churchill quote out of context in a vain attempt to support your own views of democracy. The majority who've responded in this thread are ample proof of that.

Forum List

Back