Seahawks/Saints....

Because we all know the team with the record has won the last...oops, the team with the best record hasn't won the Super Bowl since 2003. NFL parity is beautiful.

Good thinking! You should pass that gem of logic on to the Chiefs and Broncos too! By your astounding ability to reason it would be in thier best interests to blow a couple of games at the end of the season to help thier chances at a Superbowl appearance!

well said.good point.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Figures that the two Seahawk fans don't understand what I was saying. Seahawk fans are among the dumbest in the league. The well to do usually follow and go to Husky games and the redneckers tend to watch the Shehawks.

Good thinking! You should pass that gem of logic on to the Chiefs and Broncos too! By your astounding ability to reason it would be in thier best interests to blow a couple of games at the end of the season to help thier chances at a Superbowl appearance!

Figures that the two Seahawk fans don't understand what I was saying. Seahawk fans are among the dumbest in the league. The well to do usually follow and go to Husky games and the redneckers tend to watch the Shehawks.

whatever you say mr irrational Kurt Warner hater.:lol::lol::lol:

This game is big.

A matchup of the two best records in the NFC.

Brees vs Wilson. Should be a wild shootout. As in thier last meeting in Seattle Marshawn Lynch should be the difference.

Oh ya...I almost forgot. There is the Percy Harvin factor. He barely got used in the Vikings blowout. This week Percy will make an impact.

Monday night football. Thankfully the game is broadcast locally and not kept exclusive to ESPN. Meaning ...I get the game on my local TV antenna.

We are down one more DB for four weeks because the asswipe decided he likes pot better than a Superbowl ring. I hope Carrol kicks the moron off the team. Thurmond is an idiot. He is a good player...but.... We are very deep in the defensive backfield. We don't need him.

everyone in my extended family and circle of friends is pulling for a Saints win...

myself, I don't give a flying fuck...
That would be funny wouldn't it? seahawks losing home field advantage,, and having to play in carolina if they make it that far :lol:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only way THAT is going to happen is if Wison gets hurt for the rest of the year.:cuckoo: someone would have to be on drugs to think the hawks will lose 2 of their next 4 games.:lol::lol: the niners game is the only one that MIGHT give them problems. the Lambs game i would not feel confidant of if it was in st louis but its not.

The most importance is obviously relevant to the fans of the teams playing. My point and the one I heard somewhere today..I believe ut was an ESPN preview was that Monday Night football games in the latter part of the season has never had two teams in a conference with as many wins and as few losses with the probable home field advantage probably being decided by the outcome.

Of course there is plenty of football to play but the Saints were supposed to be Seattles toughest opponent of the last five games. I believe the Saints will have a very hard time beating the Panthers either at home or in Carolina and could easily lose the South conference to Carolina with a record of 10-6 and Carolina 12-4.

It is unlikely Seattle will lose another game this season. At least to Seattle and New Orleans fans this game tonight was very important.

Seattle will stop playing the best starters and start playing their backups mostly. They'er in the playoffs why take a chance in getting one of your key players hurt? I say they'll lose

Lose to what team? 9ers? Giants? Rams? Cards?

Seattle matches up extremely well to the 9ers. last two games 42-13, 29-3
Eli Manning had a great defense and some terrific offensive targets and RBs a few years ago but now the team is pedestrian at best and loses badly frequently. 38-0 against Carolina..etc You can't seriously believe the Seahawks won't go up to NY and spank them like red headed stepchildren.
The Rams have already lost at home this season against out team when we were down 3 starting O-linemen. Now we are at full strength. St Louis will not win at CLink.
Same goes for the Cardinals.

I just honestly can't see a better team ahead than the one we beat easily tonight.

I know thats comedy gold anybody would be nutty enough to say the Hawks would lose to any of these teams.:lol::lol::lol::lol: better get off that weed.:lol: Like i been saying,the Niners MAYBE,but so what if they do? they still end up at 14-2 with homefiled advantage so big wow if they dont win the san fran game.:lol::lol::lol:

The Patriots or the Broncos will destroy either of these teams, lol.
you should start a comedy club.:lol::lol::lol: iceman needs to think before he posts.
football is a TEAM game.Brady doesnt have the TEAM to win a superbowl as great a QB he is.to beat seattel you have to have a defense,the pats defense is horrible and teams have been able to run all over them lately.even the texans did.:lol::lol::lol: same with the broncos,they dont have a defense either.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Everyone knows the rules. That includes the fans. There is a no smoking policy at the stadium so I don't anticipate any embarrassing "rising of smoke". :lol: Marihuana laced cookies and brownies.. I can't comment.

Speaking of which..

I'm wondering if those guys were stupid enough to eat some questionable baked goods...or rode in a vehicle where someone else was puffing on a joint. The more I ponder the issue I have a hard time justifying how someone that could(and will in Browners case) lose millions of dollars and have his credibility trashed so entirely that his next job will probably be at a car wash could do something that crippling knowing his whole future is on the line. Maybe the dumb ass was set up. NFL is big business. Seahawks strength is supposed to be it's defensive backfield. A lot of money is going to ride on the playoffs and at the Superbowl. Maybe some gambling interests are trying to close Seattle's distance on most of the other teams. Just a thought. Makes as much sense as a guy throwing away millions of dollars and his entire working future credibility in any important job just to get high. I mean he does know about the random testing... This WAS Browner's third strike and Thurmonds second. Seems odd that one gets a suspension and the very next day the other. Could it be that they were both at the same place the pot was consumed.. ??? How would they know to do a "random" test on both of them at the same time? Dunno...??? These guys have been working real hard to be part of the Seahawks. Everything going thier way. Team is 10-1 and all of a sudden they "turn to drugs"? Doesn't matter...they are supposed to only put legal substances in thier bodies. Still ... Aspects of this situation don't appear as random as the tests are supposed to be.

Conspiracy theories? Seriously?

If something is baked and has marijuana in it, you will smell it before you will taste it. It has a strong odor.

Inhaling enough pot in a vehicle to test positive from 2nd hand smoke? Seriously?

Both have a history of drug issues, if I'm an NFL official, who do you think I am going to randomly check?

Seattle isn't being targeted, just a bunch of paranoid Seahawk fans and some really dumb football players.

Kinda squashes the notion of "random". There is random and there is targeting. You can't claim both.

And Ya... I claim targeting. Do I think that is unfair? No. But I wouldn't stand there and claim I was giving random tests when I am targeting the most likely players based on past history. I never called it a conspiracy. More like hypocracy. I believe that if they were giving fair and truly random NFL wide tests they would find that there are more players doing the wrong thing with unauthorized sunstances than just Seattle Seahawks.

Boy Huggy these posters here are attacking the Hawks because two idiot players ruined their careers with substance abuse are obviously putting down carrol and the hawks organization attacking them because they are jeoulous that you were almost dead right on about your prediction they would go undefeated this year.

If not for some home town reffing in that Indy game and the hawks commtting two costly stupid penaltys keeping the colts offense on the field after they stopped them on 3rd down twice,your prediction would have been dead on accurate and they hate that.:lol::lol:

That explains why they are attacking them singling them out acting like other NFL teams players never committ subtance abuse.:cuckoo::lol::lol: according to the warped logic of mr Kurt warner hater,according to his warped brain,its Bill Belechecks fault Willie hernandez,the fomer patriots wide receiver,committed murder and is in jail.:lol: Like you said,they dont seem to get it that a coach cant watch over the lives of all 66 players.:lol:

again if its carrols fault those 2 players committed susbtance abuse,then its also andy reids fault that Dwayne Bowe was smoking pot recently,and its romeo crennals fault that Justin Houston and Tamba Hali committed substance abuse last year,and its Bill Belechecks fault that willie hernandez committed murder.comedy gold is his logic.:lol: he can sugarcoat it all he wants but he cant have it both ways,carrol cant be responsible for those 2 players but Belecheck isnt responsible for hernandez committing murder.cant have it both ways.:lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo: if carrol is responsible for those two players screwing up,then so is belecheck for hernadez committing murder:lol::lol:

Lose to what team? 9ers? Giants? Rams? Cards?

Seattle matches up extremely well to the 9ers. last two games 42-13, 29-3
Eli Manning had a great defense and some terrific offensive targets and RBs a few years ago but now the team is pedestrian at best and loses badly frequently. 38-0 against Carolina..etc You can't seriously believe the Seahawks won't go up to NY and spank them like red headed stepchildren.
The Rams have already lost at home this season against out team when we were down 3 starting O-linemen. Now we are at full strength. St Louis will not win at CLink.
Same goes for the Cardinals.

I just honestly can't see a better team ahead than the one we beat easily tonight.

So to cut through the bullshit what you're saying is that you as head coach would play your starters for the rest of the season?
You still have one more game with the 49'ers which are in the hunt for a playoff spot.

OK I see what your point is more clearly now. There are two main reasons to not play starters if you have attained your goals earlier than expected. One reason as you alluded is to protect the health of your better players for games that would be expected to be more difficult in the playoff run. The other reason would be to add the insurance of getting your backups game ready in case they are needed to step in without any notice.

The Seahawks make a point of playing thier 2nd and third tier players more often than many teams. The fact that the substitutes for our suspended and injured players in last nights game came up so big is testimont to the way Seattle has already given the backups game experience thruout the season.

I wouldn't even consider sitting out our better players completely for two reasons...maybe three.

One: The Seahawk's goal is to lock down home field advantage for thier playoff run. They have already mnade the playoffs but that was never thier goal for this season. Untill HFA is secure the same game planning philosophy will stand as has proven successful to this point.

Two: Spreading the snaps among sveral players in any one position or rotating several players in several positions has proven successful and with the exception of injury has kept the players fresher and more effective when they do get in the games.

Three: Sitting out can have the adverse effect of making a player stale both mentally and physically. Seattle had the good fortune to have thier bye late in the season so everyone is relatively rested and ready for the final push. Ther is no need to "rest" anyone for the playoffs.

All that said...as you suggested sarcastically(?) I am not the coach. Once HFA has been achieved all that I laid out above may change if Carroll feels it would be an advantage. Me ..I would stick with what has shown to be successfull.

WHY would anybody be stupid enough to rest their starters when they havent locked up homefiled advantage yet? :cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol: somone better stop smoking that weed.:lol:

Got to tell you Huggy

Your team looks awesome. Swarming defense and the entire team shows an intensity
Wilson has an unbelievable pocket presence as he keeps a play alive

Great win last night

yeah sure was a great win.the thing i was impressed about it is they cut down on their penaltys like they needed to.they had a couple bad ones go against them that led to the saints getting their one touchdown,even the announcers said they did not liek those two calls that went against them that led to the touchdown.There were some bad calls that went against both teams though so at least they didnt look like they were favoring the saints.

I think you have it wrong, the dumbest fans are those who go to Texan and Falcon games.

whatever you say mr irrational Kurt Warner hater.:lol::lol::lol:

This coming from a 9-11 but. Take heed Shehawkers, the board loon is on you side!

:lmao: :lmao:

Good...the 9ers can use that as an excuse why they lost. :lol:

49ers.jpg

Forum List

Back