Seahawks/Saints....

something that concerns me Hug is they had an awflu lot of stupid penaltys in that game against the vikings.something like 10 or so.they were able to commit that many and get away with it against the vikings but they play like that in ther playoffs,its going to cost them,.hopefully they worked on that and cleaned that up over the bye week.

I agree. Penalties kill drives for the Seahawks at a higher percentage than do our opponents defenses. We have allowed our opponents off the hook far too many times when they should have punted with foolish penalties.

the thing that really sucks is despite the hometown refs the colts had in Indy,the Hawks would have won that game if not for foolish stupid penaltys.One of the touchdowns the colts had was because the hawks had them pinned down deep in their own territory,and Luck missed his wide receiver on a throw but the drive was kept alive because of a pass interference call on one of the seahawks defenders.whats worse was Lucks throw was totally uncatchable. but because of that idiot defender committing pass interference,the drive was kept alive and they eventually marched down and got a touchdown.

They also got a field goal given to them as well because of a Hawks defender making a stupid pass interference call that was totally unnnessary. thats 10 points right there we have to the colts.that game should have been ours but they gave it to them.so were not undefeated like we should be at this point.:mad:

you would think from the number of penatlys the Hawks had 10 or 11,and the number that the vikings had,just two,the score would have been just the opposite.:lol:

Hardin is listed as doubtful. Carroll said his hip has flared up. He has not practiced all week and only the few plays he did run last, they don't want to rush him back. Funny I figure he'd consult with Huggy first. Hmmmm.... Is there trouble between Carrolll and Huggy?

If he is listed as doubtful,the hawks should just hold him out till the playoffs.they can win without him the rest of the way,their touchest test of the season was when they went through that 4 week period with 3 of their four games on the road.they passed that difficult stretch winning 3 out of 4.the rest of the way is going to be smooth selling barring any major injurys. sure hope they dont end up like the chiefs who caught a tough break against my chargers last week losing Houston for 3 to 4 weeks with an injury and Hali well play but he'll just be like RG3,playing on one leg which will make him inneFfective the same as it has with Griffin.

Had the cheifs not caught that bad break,i think they had a very good shot at the superbowl now that they were able to open that offense.man whoever would have thunk they would score 38 points last week and STILL lose the game?:lol:

if they had not loast Hali to playing on one foot the rest of the year and houston to 3-4 weeks,they would have been serious superbowl contenders.cause the first half when Hali and Houston were playing,the chargers only scored one field goal the entire time.the second half when the third quarter begins,they both went out with their injurys and were gone the rest of the game and the chargers of course went on to score 38 points that half cause the chiefs had no pass rush.thats how valuable they are to that team.

so lets hope the hawks dont lose any impact players like that the rest of the year.

NFC championship preview.

Brees has a ring, Wilson doesn't.

Peyton has a ring, Carroll doesn't.

Both teams have lots of weapons on offense and defense.

Seahawks have the 12th man.

31-34 Hawks in OT.

These are the highest ranked teams this late in a season to play against each other in any Monday Night game EVER.

In that respect this is the most important MNF game ever.

Just sayin....

The Patriots or the Broncos will destroy either of these teams, lol.

These are the highest ranked teams this late in a season to play against each other in any Monday Night game EVER.

Just sayin....

Lol, until next year, and then whatever the flavor will be the most important game ever.

: lmao:

You are a real comedian. Seattle would suffocate Mannings pass game and our D-Line would run over Brady's protection and sack him at least a dozen times if we played them.

Brees is one the best pocket passing QBs in the NFL with the supposed quickest release and the best accuracy. Neither Brees, Manning(Peyton nor Eli) nor Brady can beat the Seattle pass rush or coverage.

Kaepernick looked pretty good this weekend. He also looked pretty good in the opener against Green Bay. Then we smothered Colin K 29-3 in week 2.

This evening Seattle dominated the Saints 34-7.

My prediction wasn't too far from spot on at 35-13.

The Seahawk defense calls were better than Sean Payton's offensive calls. We covered thier receivers better than I predicted.

The Seahawks will embarrass the Patriots or the Broncos if they make it to the Superbowl.

Just sayin....

Lol, until next year, and then whatever the flavor will be the most important game ever.

The most importance is obviously relevant to the fans of the teams playing. My point and the one I heard somewhere today..I believe ut was an ESPN preview was that Monday Night football games in the latter part of the season has never had two teams in a conference with as many wins and as few losses with the probable home field advantage probably being decided by the outcome.

Of course there is plenty of football to play but the Saints were supposed to be Seattles toughest opponent of the last five games. I believe the Saints will have a very hard time beating the Panthers either at home or in Carolina and could easily lose the South conference to Carolina with a record of 10-6 and Carolina 12-4.

It is unlikely Seattle will lose another game this season. At least to Seattle and New Orleans fans this game tonight was very important.

You are a real comedian. Seattle would suffocate Mannings pass game and our D-Line would run over Brady's protection and sack him at least a dozen times if we played them.

Brees is one the best pocket passing QBs in the NFL with the supposed quickest release and the best accuracy. Neither Brees, Manning(Peyton nor Eli) nor Brady can beat the Seattle pass rush or coverage.

Kaepernick looked pretty good this weekend. He also looked pretty good in the opener against Green Bay. Then we smothered Colin K 29-3 in week 2.

The Seahawk defense calls were better than Sean Payton's offensive calls. We covered thier receivers better than I predicted.

The Seahawks will embarrass the Patriots or the Broncos if they make it to the Superbowl.

Suffocate? You haven't come up against best passing attack in the NFC yet(the Eagles), so getting to the Broncos or Patriots is very very premature.

So, you are covering mediocre receivers, big whoop. Look Brees is top notch, and Jimmy Graham is good, but they don't have a stellar pass attack by any means. There is no way you guys could guys could cover Welker, Decker, D.Thomas and J. Thomas with Manning, the second best quarterback of our generation next to Brady to name a few.

Then the Pats have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola(Dobson and Thompkins aren't scrubs either and are decent backups) with a balanced run attack and a pro bowl caliber line. This doesn't even include the fact they have the best QB of a generation, Tom Brady. I think the concern of the Pats is their run defense. It would be a shootout, but I would take the Pats in a shootout when it counts in the Superbowl. Brady has the experience and composure the Wilson doesn't have. The Pats secondary should have no problem shutting down Russell, who is a middle of the road quarterback and a game manager.

Suffocate? You haven't come up against best passing attack in the NFC yet(the Eagles), so getting to the Broncos or Patriots is very very premature.

So, you are covering mediocre receivers, big whoop. Look Brees is top notch, and Jimmy Graham is good, but they don't have a stellar pass attack by any means. There is no way you guys could guys could cover Welker, Decker, D.Thomas and J. Thomas with Manning, the second best quarterback of our generation next to Brady to name a few.

Then the Pats have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola(Dobson and Thompkins aren't scrubs either and are decent backups) with a balanced run attack and a pro bowl caliber line. This doesn't even include the fact they have the best QB of a generation, Tom Brady. I think the concern of the Pats is their run defense. It would be a shootout, but I would take the Pats in a shootout when it counts in the Superbowl. Brady has the experience and composure the Wilson doesn't have. The Pats secondary should have no problem shutting down Russell, who is a middle of the road quarterback and a game manager.

You think Wilson is a "middle of the road qb"? Based on what? Passing stats? Seattle is a run first team. The Seahawks rarely gameplan for Wilson to throw for 300 yards. They did it tonight because it was supposed that it may be a high scoring shootout.

A lot of knowledgable people thought the Saints 9-2 record was harder to achieve than Seattle's 10-1. Very few "experts" predicted a Seattle blowout. 34-7 isn't a huge blowout but it is certainly domination.

Just sayin....

The most importance is obviously relevant to the fans of the teams playing. My point and the one I heard somewhere today..I believe ut was an ESPN preview was that Monday Night football games in the latter part of the season has never had two teams in a conference with as many wins and as few losses with the probable home field advantage probably being decided by the outcome.

Of course there is plenty of football to play but the Saints were supposed to be Seattles toughest opponent of the last five games. I believe the Saints will have a very hard time beating the Panthers either at home or in Carolina and could easily lose the South conference to Carolina with a record of 10-6 and Carolina 12-4.

It is unlikely Seattle will lose another game this season. At least to Seattle and New Orleans fans this game tonight was very important.

Seattle will stop playing the best starters and start playing their backups mostly. They'er in the playoffs why take a chance in getting one of your key players hurt? I say they'll lose

Seattle will stop playing the best starters and start playing their backups mostly. They'er in the playoffs why take a chance in getting one of your key players hurt? I say they'll lose

Lose to what team? 9ers? Giants? Rams? Cards?

Seattle matches up extremely well to the 9ers. last two games 42-13, 29-3
Eli Manning had a great defense and some terrific offensive targets and RBs a few years ago but now the team is pedestrian at best and loses badly frequently. 38-0 against Carolina..etc You can't seriously believe the Seahawks won't go up to NY and spank them like red headed stepchildren.
The Rams have already lost at home this season against out team when we were down 3 starting O-linemen. Now we are at full strength. St Louis will not win at CLink.
Same goes for the Cardinals.

I just honestly can't see a better team ahead than the one we beat easily tonight.

Eli Manning had a great defense and some terrific offensive targets and RBs a few years ago but now the team is pedestrian at best and loses badly frequently. 38-0 against Carolina..etc You can't seriously believe the Seahawks won't go up to NY and spank them like red headed stepchildren.
The Rams have already lost at home this season against out team when we were down 3 starting O-linemen. Now we are at full strength. St Louis will not win at CLink.

I just honestly can't see a better team ahead than the one we beat easily tonight.

So to cut through the bullshit what you're saying is that you as head coach would play your starters for the rest of the season?
You still have one more game with the 49'ers which are in the hunt for a playoff spot.

So to cut through the bullshit what you're saying is that you as head coach would play your starters for the rest of the season?
You still have one more game with the 49'ers which are in the hunt for a playoff spot.

OK I see what your point is more clearly now. There are two main reasons to not play starters if you have attained your goals earlier than expected. One reason as you alluded is to protect the health of your better players for games that would be expected to be more difficult in the playoff run. The other reason would be to add the insurance of getting your backups game ready in case they are needed to step in without any notice.

The Seahawks make a point of playing thier 2nd and third tier players more often than many teams. The fact that the substitutes for our suspended and injured players in last nights game came up so big is testimont to the way Seattle has already given the backups game experience thruout the season.

I wouldn't even consider sitting out our better players completely for two reasons...maybe three.

One: The Seahawk's goal is to lock down home field advantage for thier playoff run. They have already mnade the playoffs but that was never thier goal for this season. Untill HFA is secure the same game planning philosophy will stand as has proven successful to this point.

Two: Spreading the snaps among sveral players in any one position or rotating several players in several positions has proven successful and with the exception of injury has kept the players fresher and more effective when they do get in the games.

Three: Sitting out can have the adverse effect of making a player stale both mentally and physically. Seattle had the good fortune to have thier bye late in the season so everyone is relatively rested and ready for the final push. Ther is no need to "rest" anyone for the playoffs.

All that said...as you suggested sarcastically(?) I am not the coach. Once HFA has been achieved all that I laid out above may change if Carroll feels it would be an advantage. Me ..I would stick with what has shown to be successfull.

Alright, Huggy, where's my avatar I gotta wear for a week? A bets a bet.

BTW, the Seahawks looked pretty good.

I'm surprised that it rained. I thought the Seattle area didn't get much rain?

Got to tell you Huggy

Your team looks awesome. Swarming defense and the entire team shows an intensity
Wilson has an unbelievable pocket presence as he keeps a play alive

Great win last night

Nice win for the Hawks, I told you they'd win. Not much in the news for Seattle from here on out.

Alright, Huggy, where's my avatar I gotta wear for a week? A bets a bet.

BTW, the Seahawks looked pretty good.

I'm surprised that it rained. I thought the Seattle area didn't get much rain?

993.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/180/thumbs/993.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back