Seahawks/Saints....

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
This game is big.

A matchup of the two best records in the NFC.

Brees vs Wilson. Should be a wild shootout. As in thier last meeting in Seattle Marshawn Lynch should be the difference.

Oh ya...I almost forgot. There is the Percy Harvin factor. He barely got used in the Vikings blowout. This week Percy will make an impact.

Monday night football. Thankfully the game is broadcast locally and not kept exclusive to ESPN. Meaning ...I get the game on my local TV antenna.

We are down one more DB for four weeks because the asswipe decided he likes pot better than a Superbowl ring. I hope Carrol kicks the moron off the team. Thurmond is an idiot. He is a good player...but.... We are very deep in the defensive backfield. We don't need him.

Last edited:
Big hands.

That will be the difference. Predicted 31 deg 30% chance of precip. Brees doesn't play nearly as well outside of his dome. Smallish hands. Cold..wet.. footballs.

Wilson has huge hands. Better control of the ball in bad conditions. It will be cold and wet all week. Wilson will prepare for what he will experience in the game.

I don't believe this game will be as close as some predict.

Seattle 35

New Orleans 13

Big hands.

That will be the difference. Predicted 31 deg 30% chance of precip. Brees doesn't play nearly as well outside of his dome. Smallish hands. Cold..wet.. footballs.

Wilson has huge hands. Better control of the ball in bad conditions. It will be cold and wet all week. Wilson will prepare for what he will experience in the game.

Seattle 35

New Orleans 13
You've been taking some of Browners drugs, haven't you?

Saints are gonna kick some Seahag ass Monday night.

Big hands.

Seattle 35

New Orleans 13
You've been taking some of Browners drugs, haven't you?

Saints are gonna kick some Seahag ass Monday night.

Why would I need to take Browner's drugs? Y'all know what I do. I run drug dealers and prostitutes off the property I guard every night. These people would just give me drugs if I would be nicer to them.

Browner is a selfish moron. So is Thurmund. They placed a higher value on getting stoned than all of the opportunity and riches winning a Superbowl brings..for the team and certainly for themselves. As much as I respect the level of play these two have been brought up to by the coaches and other team mates(they are not the best DBs in Seattle), they were five games from the most awesome opportunity any professional football player can aspire to. Without them on the team the Seahawks will be slightly less gifted in the defensive backfield. We already have tried and true DBs to step in and step up. We will have to bring two more into the fold to back up our back ups/now starters.

Lane and Maxwell have played well. They will fill in with little to no drop off in strength at CB.

Good riddance. Piss on those idiots. We will beat the Saints handily without them. My prediction was calculated figuring in these developements.

Last edited:
Another Carroll team with issues. Carroll seems like a little control freak, yet it seems he can't inspire pride and values in his teams.

I figured Carroll to be tougher after last years BS.

Paul Allen and pot seemed to be linked. The Blazers and the Seahawks have both had drug problems.

Sad, situation.

Another Carroll team with issues. Carroll seems like a little control freak, yet it seems he can't inspire pride and values in his teams.

Paul Allen and pot seemed to be linked. The Blazers and the Seahawks have both had drug problems.

Sad, situation.

:(

I hope the Saints try to bring up "team pride" issues on the field Monday night. That would work for them...ya...that's what they should do.

:lol:

Sad, situation.

I hope the Saints try to bring up "team pride" issues on the field Monday night. That would work for them...ya...that's what they should do.

I wouldn't think the Saints need to bring up anything, the Seahawks, in the middle of an epic season, decide to light it up. I would think the Hawks would would rise, like smoke, for the occasion. I would think the fans would be slightly embarrassed, of course Washington is the light it up "Green" state.

Sad, situation.

I wouldn't think the Saints need to bring up anything, the Seahawks, in the middle of an epic season, decide to light it up. I would think the Hawks would would rise, like smoke, for the occasion. I would think the fans would be slightly embarrassed, of course Washington is the light it up "Green" state.

Everyone knows the rules. That includes the fans. There is a no smoking policy at the stadium so I don't anticipate any embarrassing "rising of smoke". :lol: Marihuana laced cookies and brownies.. I can't comment.

Speaking of which..

I'm wondering if those guys were stupid enough to eat some questionable baked goods...or rode in a vehicle where someone else was puffing on a joint. The more I ponder the issue I have a hard time justifying how someone that could(and will in Browners case) lose millions of dollars and have his credibility trashed so entirely that his next job will probably be at a car wash could do something that crippling knowing his whole future is on the line. Maybe the dumb ass was set up. NFL is big business. Seahawks strength is supposed to be it's defensive backfield. A lot of money is going to ride on the playoffs and at the Superbowl. Maybe some gambling interests are trying to close Seattle's distance on most of the other teams. Just a thought. Makes as much sense as a guy throwing away millions of dollars and his entire working future credibility in any important job just to get high. I mean he does know about the random testing... This WAS Browner's third strike and Thurmonds second. Seems odd that one gets a suspension and the very next day the other. Could it be that they were both at the same place the pot was consumed.. ??? How would they know to do a "random" test on both of them at the same time? Dunno...??? These guys have been working real hard to be part of the Seahawks. Everything going thier way. Team is 10-1 and all of a sudden they "turn to drugs"? Doesn't matter...they are supposed to only put legal substances in thier bodies. Still ... Aspects of this situation don't appear as random as the tests are supposed to be.

If I was Seattle Seahawk from here on out I would be extremely carefull who I hung out with...what I ate or drank...or smoked.. who I accepted rides with. I find it extremely hard to believe that Hawk's players are the only ones that ever smoke pot in the NFL but it is clear that they are being targeted for violations. It is what it is... They know it. They have to be extra vigilant now to preserve thier best opportunity in many years to achieve greatness.

That said they will kick the Saints ass on Monday night.

If I was Seattle Seahawk from here on out I would be extremely carefull who I hung out with...what I ate or drank...or smoked.. who I accepted rides with. I find it extremely hard to believe that Hawk's players are the only ones that ever smoke pot in the NFL but it is clear that they are being targeted for violations. It is what it is... They know it. They have to be extra vigilant now to preserve thier best opportunity in many years to achieve greatness.

That said they will kick the Saints ass on Monday night.

35-13 is a bit optomistic. I say Seattle by a touchdown - 31 to 24.

While the Seahawks lead the league in suspensions, at least they aren't paying their players to hurt people.

Everyone knows the rules. That includes the fans. There is a no smoking policy at the stadium so I don't anticipate any embarrassing "rising of smoke". :lol: Marihuana laced cookies and brownies.. I can't comment.

Speaking of which..

I'm wondering if those guys were stupid enough to eat some questionable baked goods...or rode in a vehicle where someone else was puffing on a joint. The more I ponder the issue I have a hard time justifying how someone that could(and will in Browners case) lose millions of dollars and have his credibility trashed so entirely that his next job will probably be at a car wash could do something that crippling knowing his whole future is on the line. Maybe the dumb ass was set up. NFL is big business. Seahawks strength is supposed to be it's defensive backfield. A lot of money is going to ride on the playoffs and at the Superbowl. Maybe some gambling interests are trying to close Seattle's distance on most of the other teams. Just a thought. Makes as much sense as a guy throwing away millions of dollars and his entire working future credibility in any important job just to get high. I mean he does know about the random testing... This WAS Browner's third strike and Thurmonds second. Seems odd that one gets a suspension and the very next day the other. Could it be that they were both at the same place the pot was consumed.. ??? How would they know to do a "random" test on both of them at the same time? Dunno...??? These guys have been working real hard to be part of the Seahawks. Everything going thier way. Team is 10-1 and all of a sudden they "turn to drugs"? Doesn't matter...they are supposed to only put legal substances in thier bodies. Still ... Aspects of this situation don't appear as random as the tests are supposed to be.

Conspiracy theories? Seriously?

If something is baked and has marijuana in it, you will smell it before you will taste it. It has a strong odor.

Inhaling enough pot in a vehicle to test positive from 2nd hand smoke? Seriously?

Both have a history of drug issues, if I'm an NFL official, who do you think I am going to randomly check?

Seattle isn't being targeted, just a bunch of paranoid Seahawk fans and some really dumb football players.

Closing in on his second year as a Seattle Seahawk Russell Wilson has not lost at home on the Century Link Field.

It may be of interest that Wilson has studied Brees and the New Orleans Saints since he was in college. He has stated that fact many times. Wilson may be one of if not the most prepared QB in the NFL. It will be a great game. But... N O has weaknesses that can be exploited. They don't have much of a run game and thier most productive receiver is thier tight end Jimmy Graham. As much as Brees passes he doesn't connect on many passes of over 20 yards. If the Hawks can hold Jimmy's targets and receptions down with tight coverage Brees will struggle. I look for the Hawks to be especially destructive to Brees's pass game on third downs.

Preasuring the opponent's QB will be crucial to both teams. Seattle's pass rush is under rated. This game will be the second in succession where the protection for Wilson is all starters. Wilson will get more time to throw or run the read option than in any game this season.

Some interesting stats.. The Saints have needed to gain an average of 415 yds A game to score 27.7 points per game.

Seahawks have held teams to 293 yds. with a scoring average of 16.3 PPG.

Seahawks have scored an average of 27.8 PPG needing only 358 average per game yards.

The Saints have held teams to an average of 17.8 PPG allowing 309 YPG.

The tale of the stats is not dramatic but it shows that over the course of 11 games Seattle produces more points with around 60 fewer YPG than N O and allows fewer points and yards than the Saints.

NOW add those stats to the intangibles of the nearly 7 point home field advantage of CLink and we are talkind a probable 14 plus point advantage Seattle.

Speaking of which..

If something is baked and has marijuana in it, you will smell it before you will taste it. It has a strong odor.

Inhaling enough pot in a vehicle to test positive from 2nd hand smoke? Seriously?

Both have a history of drug issues, if I'm an NFL official, who do you think I am going to randomly check?

Seattle isn't being targeted, just a bunch of paranoid Seahawk fans and some really dumb football players.

Kinda squashes the notion of "random". There is random and there is targeting. You can't claim both.

And Ya... I claim targeting. Do I think that is unfair? No. But I wouldn't stand there and claim I was giving random tests when I am targeting the most likely players based on past history. I never called it a conspiracy. More like hypocracy. I believe that if they were giving fair and truly random NFL wide tests they would find that there are more players doing the wrong thing with unauthorized sunstances than just Seattle Seahawks.

Speaking of which..

Kinda squashes the notion of "random". There is random and there is targeting. You can't claim both.

And Ya... I claim targeting. Do I think that is unfair? No. But I wouldn't stand there and claim I was giving random tests when I am targeting the most likely players based on past history. I never called it a conspiracy. More like hypocracy. I believe that if they were giving fair and truly random NFL wide tests they would find that there are more players doing the wrong thing with unauthorized sunstances than just Seattle Seahawks.

Do you know when they are testing? Nope. Do you know who they are going to test? Nope.

I bet they have several they target and then those in a different pool.

Some player from another team got suspended, so you are off there. They happen all the time. Spring through winter, you would think the players would be smart and stay away, sometimes a good time is risk losing it all, at least that is the only answer I have.

Is it right or wrong? It's the rule when they sign up. Maybe the players need to realize what they will lose, before they go stupid. Maybe they should appreciate what they have.

Last edited:
Big hands.

Seattle 35

New Orleans 13

You do realize the Ain'ts have't played the hottest team yet?
They must play them twice.

Big hands.

Seattle 35

New Orleans 13

You do realize the Ain'ts have't played the hottest team yet?
They must play them twice.

The Seahawks already played your "hottest" team and beat them on thier home field. We will soften the Saints up for you. Most teams that we beat lose the next game cuz we put such a physical beat down on them. You can thank us when you come to Seattle for your issue of pain.

I hope the Panthers make the playoffs. It would be fun to play them again in OUR stadium. The results would be much different. Instead of winning by only 5 points we would crush Carolina in a blowout here in Seattle. You guys keep winning and we will help you by spanking the Saints Monday night.

Do you know when they are testing? Nope. Do you know who they are going to test? Nope.

I bet they have several they target and then those in a different pool.

Some player from another team got suspended, so you are off there. They happen all the time. Spring through winter, you would think the players would be smart and stay away, sometimes a good time is risk losing it all, at least that is the only answer I have.

Is it right or wrong? It's the rule when they sign up. Maybe the players need to realize what they will lose, before they go stupid. Maybe they should appreciate what they have.

The players in the NFL come from all over the country. Neither of the players caught recently from our team came from Seattle. It's not like we breed cheaters or drug addicts. Carroll doesn't "promote" drug use. It probably is more likely here because Carroll tries to help athletes with marginal backgrounds more than some other coaches. He likes to try to see the good in everyone and believes in second chances. Some may call his generosity foolish. He claims no one is perfect and when you reach out to help an athlete get his life in order and train him to be the best he can be as an individual and a team mate once in a while a guy coming from a questionable background will stumble. He says that is a chance he is willing to accept if one is honestly attempting to reach out to someone.

The Seahawks are 10 and 1 with the best record in the NFC. It would be rediculous for Seahawk fans to get all bent out of shape over these suspensions. It is unfortunate but certainly not fatal to the Hawk program. If the players that have stepped up and into the starting lineup replacing Browner and Thurmond fall on thier faces this Monday night and Brees torches them and we lose I might rethink my sense of generosity towards Carroll's approach. So far Carroll and his coaches appear to have built a juggernaut of mostly players of extremely high moral fiber and a handfull of "black sheep" he has taken a liking to. Unless the team starts losing because of this reaching out thingamabob I for one will extend some slack toward the coach and players of my team.

Last edited:
Carroll is a cheater, USC, and then the PED's last year. He does like playing anyone straight up.

If Seattle has a lot of stoner potheads...so be it.

Forum List

Back