Sea birds struggling from loss of Arctic ice

A world with fewer seagulls sounds great to me.

Seagulls-Ilfracombe-July-2012.jpg

Walrus, polar bears, harp, hooded and ring seals aren't the only species negatively impacted by the shrinking Arctic ice.

Seabird colonies are struggling as winter sea ice levels hover near record lows
Oh
My
God

We have a dumbest post of 2019 nominee already, folks!

Missing some social awareness filters.....thinking on the margin not an asset. Guy is made to look foolish by non-climate crusaders almost daily in here and he's about the only one that keeps coming back in here all the time. Social awareness issues.....

Has anyone ever heard of a bird laying eggs on ice
Walrus, polar bears, harp, hooded and ring seals aren't the only species negatively impacted by the shrinking Arctic ice.

From your link:

"The Cooper Island colony wouldn't be there at all if it weren't for Divoky. Cooper Island is flat, unlike the tall cliffs and rocky slopes where Mandt's black guillemots usually nest. But while surveying the Island for the Smithsonian Institution in 1972, Divoky found a few guillemots nesting beneath crates and pieces of wood left by the U.S. Navy in the 1950s. He turned over some more pieces of debris to make new nesting cavities, and guillemots immediately moved into them."

So he has been screwing up the environment, creating fake nests, a fake colony, and creating a fake habitat. Then he whines that his fake habitat is a flop.

From your link:

"The Cooper Island colony wouldn't be there at all if it weren't for Divoky. Cooper Island is flat, unlike the tall cliffs and rocky slopes where Mandt's black guillemots usually nest. But while surveying the Island for the Smithsonian Institution in 1972, Divoky found a few guillemots nesting beneath crates and pieces of wood left by the U.S. Navy in the 1950s. He turned over some more pieces of debris to make new nesting cavities, and guillemots immediately moved into them."

So he has been screwing up the environment, creating fake nests, a fake colony, and creating a fake habitat. Then he whines that his fake habitat is a flop.

In that guys world, anything is possible.

I don't care--doesn't affect me

Then why reply?
cause I want to
let's time I looked this was a discussion forum....?

"Let's time you looked?" Perhaps you meant "last time you looked"

Alright, when would you care? What if it were wildlife in your neighborhood? What if it were your livestock? What if it were your family pets? What if it were humans?
I built some bird houses in my backyard. Last year half of them did not return. IT'S AN ENVIROMENTAL DISASTER!!!!

From your link:

I suspect there are a LOT of things you've never heard of. Why don't you take this opportunity to actually learn something you didn't know? Read this.

Survival and Breeding Response of a Sea-ice Obligate Seabird Following the Unprecedented Low Extent of Winter Ice in the Bering Sea

Explain how atmospheric "warming" can heat the oceans down to 700m, but a surface temperature of -22F can make ice melt

If we only have a few years left before CO2 destroys all life on Earth, what is China doing TODAY to lower its CO2?

Frank, the Earth has seasons. And if you think NASA has been producing false images of the Arctic ice and PIOMAS false data on its volume, just say so.

And this thread is about sea birds. Do try to stay on topic.

I'm sorry you can't read a chart

Arctic Weather Map

Cape Uelen -9F
Gambell 12F
Bethel 10F
Apuka 16F

Those are in the Bering Sea

Please explain how atmospheric "warming" heats the oceans 700M deep yet surface temperature of -9F is melting ice. Also, have you send ANY of this to the Chinese Embassy?

Signed,

All ears and waiting for the explanation in NY

Frank, the Earth has seasons. And if you think NASA has been producing false images of the Arctic ice and PIOMAS false data on its volume, just say so.

And this thread is about sea birds. Do try to stay on topic.

I thought it was about melting ice in the Arctic

Where's that apology Frank? The lead story obviously wasn't "fake news" as you charged. Or are you okay with lying?

Where's that apology Frank? The lead story obviously wasn't "fake news" as you charged. Or are you okay with lying?
Clearly it's fake news because ice melts as 32F. You mean water ice, right? You're not going to claim the ice you referred to was methane or liquid nitrogen, right?

How does water ice melt at 9F. Was it moved to outer space?

Forum List

Back