SCOTUS will soon decide whether favoring blacks and discriminating against whites and Asians in college admissions violates the Constitution

Oh, absolutely.

Negroes have no problem with racist conduct and/or policies when they benefit from them, because it means they don't have to do anything other than be black. Unfortunately, many coloreds, like IM2 and Paul Essien here on USMB, were raised that way, so they know nothing of hard work, sacrifice and achieving something of value...
I agree, but you’re not supposed to say Negro anymore. You must be in your 80s.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment - that blacks, and the white leftists who enable them - are fine with racist policies, depending on which race suffers. The SCOTUS can set the example that the way to eliminate racism against blacks is to eliminate all racism, not replace it with racism against whites.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment - that blacks, and the white leftists who enable them - are fine with racist policies, depending on which race suffers. The SCOTUS can set the example that the way to eliminate racism against blacks is to eliminate all racism, not replace it with racism against whites.

I'll be 60 in July.

I'll raise the ol' Bullshit flag on your comment about the word "negro".

As long as they can use it (United Negro College Fund), as well as "colored" (as in the NAACP), I can use it.

And the problem among the coloreds is that they will view anything which does not unfairly benefit them as a racist police which adversely affects them...

Need and privilege are separate from race. I’ve said before that, after working in higher ed admissions myself and seeing motivated bright boys from modest backgrounds rejected in favor of lower-scoring blacks simply based on skin color that AA should be SES-based, not racially based.
We've come full circle, Lisa. There was a opinion of interest back when it was noted that low expectations gave minorities a shove down the wrong sinkhole that earned them no gains, just a return back into losses. When we exclude common sense, the price on minority life goes down. That guy who went on a shooting spree against innocent people in a subway the other day is a poster child for low expectations.

Why is Gator laughing? Does he thinks racist policies are funny? Let’s see what the SCOTUS says before making light of judging people based on skin color.
GH is an admitted self-loving Libertarian who will laugh at anything that is posted by someone who voted for Trump.
He is psychotic.

I'll be 60 in July.

I'll raise the ol' Bullshit flag on your comment about the word "negro".

As long as they can use it (United Negro College Fund), as well as "colored" (as in the NAACP), I can use it.

And the problem among the coloreds is that they will view anything which does not unfairly benefit them as a racist police which adversely affects them...
Oh-oh….colored is worse. But I get your point: why is saying colored people so awful when they themselves want to be called people of color. It’s just a bunch of semantics.

But rather than get mired down in semantics, let’s stick with the issue: that for two generations, blacks have been favored over whites based solely on race, and I believe the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional.

Of course, I know how the leftists in education work. They will devise a “test” that they know blacks, on average, score higher on, and incorporate that into the admissions process.

China is laughing all the way to the bank. They will eat our lunch once they start producing large passenger jets and electric vehicles and all types of green merchandise for the environment.
When a nation becomes dependent on foreigners with nukes, that's just asking for trouble. We need to roll up our sleeves.

Of course, I know how the leftists in education work. They will devise a “test” that they know blacks, on average, score higher on, and incorporate that into the admissions process.

They could always have a free-throw contest...

Every time the courts have taken up this topic it has not turned out well for those who think applicants should be judged on merit alone. But maybe this time...

We've come full circle, Lisa. There was a opinion of interest back when it was noted that low expectations gave minorities a shove down the wrong sinkhole that earned them no gains, just a return back into losses. When we exclude common sense, the price on minority life goes down. That guy who went on a shooting spree against innocent people in a subway the other day is a poster child for low expectations.
The bigotry of low expectations.

Besides, having lower standards for blacks disadvantages the blacks who WOULD have gotten in under the “white standards.” They are judged, or suspected, to have gotten in under the lesser standards since the majority of blacks did.

It”s like what happened with Howard Law in the early 1980s. For a brief time, they considered eliminating five classes that were a part of the normal requirement with other law schools in order to get more blacks into law jobs. It was quickly determined that having a law degree from Howard, with its lower standards for graduation, would put its graduates at a disadvantage, and the idea was tabled.

They could always have a free-throw contest...
…or a 50-yard dash! They could say that their students need stamina to succeed, and they figured that having a race was a way to judge,

Don’t laugh. You don’t know how determined the anti-white liberal elites can be.

I was always told it is illegal to discriminate based on race.

But POTUS said he was going to hire a SCOTUS judge ONLY with dark pigment skin and who identifies as a human female.

Ketanji doesnt know what a woman is….so how does Joe know he filled his requirement?

What constitution?
The Constitution that gave nonroyals freedom of speech, the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by not taxing everyday people for the benefit of an oligarchy, monarchy, and government control over the minutia of other people's goals and experiences. In the early years of the last century, Congress changed that because it needed money to fight the war of Germany v. everybody else. Then WWII evaporated our treasury further because Germany felt it was dealt an unfair outcome in the First World War, and Hitler seized the moment to create a powerful Third Reich while Russia used the world's preoccupation with Germany to kill people the Bolsheviks never liked anyhow. Putin's war is a resurgance of that arrogance of controlling Europe with threats of nuclear power. Who gave them those secrets? To answer my own question--American politicians who failed history lessons and are still going after forgetting about history so they can have power over all the people of this land. Ever noticed how they've ditched every precept in the American Constitution. Of course you do, mike, and probably a lot more than me.

I was always told it is illegal to discriminate based on race.

But POTUS said he was going to hire a SCOTUS judge ONLY with dark pigment skin and who identifies as a human female.

Ketanji doesnt know what a woman is….so how does Joe know he filled his requirement?
You're right, but Joe's pupeteers don't care about right and wrong for majorities, which our Constitution regales with honor.

Anyone else notice that Lisa is obsessed with racial issues?

This is the main reason I voted for Trump - to keep the SCOTUS from turning into a leftist, “social justice” activist court. Thank G-d he won in 2016, or we would have a biased, anti-white SCOTUS right now, ready to codify continued anti-white racism and, not too far off, rule that reparations are A-OK.

We just have to make sure Thomas stays healthy. The last thing we need is for a good, conservative justice to be replaced with the next affirmative action pick - perhaps a gay this time. “All straights will be excluded.”

I don't envy the SCOTUS members as they weigh need with privilege, the rule of law with human hate.

What need?

If you didn't notice we have millions of black doctors, lawyers, congressman, business owners, police chiefs, a black president, where I work 3 managers making damn near 100k a year are black and colleges have a lot of black students. We have federal laws against discrimination and so on.

There are millions of examples of blacks that show they have every opportunity whites do. And there are millions of examples of broke ass and poor whites that show just because you're white doesn't mean you're living the high life.

Besides, if you say you'll hire a black or a white or let a black into your school over asian to make things fair you're saying "I don't think blacks are equal or capable so I have to discriminate against other skin colors to give them an advantage" which is a insult. It's also racist and discriminatiory.

You need to shed that white guilt bullshit and wake up to the reality that if blacks want to be equals then they need to act like equals.

What need?

If you didn't notice we have millions of black doctors, lawyers, congressman, business owners, police chiefs, a black president, where I work 3 managers making damn near 100k a year are black and colleges have a lot of black students. We have federal laws against discrimination and so on.

There are millions of examples of blacks that show they have every opportunity whites do. And there are millions of examples of broke ass and poor whites that show just because you're white doesn't mean you're living the high life.

Besides, if you say you'll hire a black or a white or let a black into your school over asian to make things fair you're saying "I don't think blacks are equal or capable so I have to discriminate against other skin colors to give them an advantage" which is a insult. It's also racist and discriminatiory.

You need to shed that white guilt bullshit and wake up to the reality that if blacks want to be equals then they need to act like equals.
Actually…..good catch! Why is Beatress thinking that blacks = need?

Where I live, the steakhouses I can’t afford, and the designer stores out of my price range, are patronized by plenty of blacks. The sad thing is that with AA policies still in place, the children of these wealthy blacks will be favored over a poor white boy growing up in a working class neighborhood - who has better grades.

Forum List

Back