Zone1 When SCOTUS Rules Against Favoritism Based on Race, the Impact will Go Beyond College Admissions

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
The upcoming Oct 31st hearing on whether one’s race can determine whether he is admitted or rejected from an educational program will undoubtedly uphold the Constitution, and thus blacks, whites, and Asians will all be evaluated with race removed from the equation.

This will reach beyond the Ivy halls and into the workplace. No longer will a black with worse qualifications be hired or promoted over a better qualified white because of skin color.

And this is a good thing, and will be to the betterment of our country - now falling woefully behind other developed countries. When you select the BEST people for jobs regardless of race , rather than the BEST people within a small sub segment of the population, then you get the BEST, period.

In the linked article, it explains the case and that Harvard’s anti-Asian policy stems from the same “holistic admissions” approach developed in the 1920s to reduce the number of Jews.

Last edited:
The upcoming Oct 31st hearing on whether one’s race can determine whether he is admitted or rejected from an educational program will undoubtedly uphold the Constitution, and thus blacks, whites, and Asians will all be evaluated with race removed from the equation.

This will reach beyond the Ivy halls and into the workplace. No longer will a black with worse qualifications be hired or promoted over a better qualified white because of skin color.

And this is a good thing, and will be to the betterment of our country - now falling woefully behind other developed countries. When you select the BEST people for jobs regardless of race , rather than the BEST people within a small sub segment of the population, then you get the BEST, period.

In the linked article, it explains the case and that Harvard’s anti-Asian policy stems from the same “holistic admissions” approach developed in the 1920s to resume the number of Jews.

Wouldn't that be a step in the right direction?

I wonder when we'll be able to sue retroactively for reparations. Over thirty years ago, a far less qualified POC got the job for which I had applied and for which I was vastly more qualified. I was told by a relative who worked in HR of that company that I would have gotten the job but for the other applicant's skin color.

I wonder what thirty-plus years of back pay would look like, adjusted for inflation.

And when will the people who stand to be harmed by policies that push for hiring unqualified POC's -- in my case, they were hospital patients -- be able to sue for anything that went wrong due to the incompetence of the unqualified employee?

As soon as you come up with one black person alive today who was harmed by the fact that white people once owned black people, I'll be able to hear you.
and when you can prove that you were denied a job and that job was given to a black person because of their skin color, you may be entitled to compensation.

Wouldn't that be a step in the right direction?

I wonder when we'll be able to sue retroactively for reparations. Over thirty years ago, a far less qualified POC got the job for which I had applied and for which I was vastly more qualified. I was told by a relative who worked in HR of that company that I would have gotten the job but for the other applicant's skin color.

I wonder what thirty-plus years of back pay would look like, adjusted for inflation.

And when will the people who stand to be harmed by policies that push for hiring unqualified POC's -- in my case, they were hospital patients -- be able to sue for anything that went wrong due to the incompetence of the unqualified employee?
Ah…..a similar thing happened to me, but it was 40 years ago!

Picture it: a bright, Young, hardworking employee with a degree from a great university, working 18 months in a job, and receiving accolades and special higher-level assignments throughout. Enter: a black woman with a degree from a mediocre state college, into the same department. Same age: 24.

Fast-forward six months, and the manager’s job opens up. Both young ladies apply for it. The black woman, there just six months, tells the white woman that she (the black) will get the job because....she is black. Sure enough, it happens. The hiring manager then tells the white privately that she was forced to hire the black, but will deny this conversation.

So I did the math. The difference in pay, in today’s dollars, was $10,000. Assuming that the higher benchmark would have been set at the higher rate 40 years ago, and compounded at 5%, the difference is $1.1 million. THAT is my reparations!

It sounds like the preference is for private universities filled with whites, Jews, Asians and a few token blacks those in power, deem acceptable...despite the fact AA gave a huge boost to white women. Yet not one complaint about all those less qualified white women admitted at the expense of Asians and white men!

It sounds like the preference is for private universities filled with whites, Jews, Asians and a few token blacks those in power, deem acceptable...despite the fact AA gave a huge boost to white women. Yet not one complaint about all those less qualified white women admitted at the expense of Asians and white men!
you got some citation that actually DETAILS that
"laudatory" BOOST to "those less qualified white
women...." ????

The preference is for the best qualified, taking race or ethnicity out of the question. If that means that Harvard will be mostly whites, Jews and Asians, so be it. Blacks who meet the same standards will still be admitted, and the two out of three who are currently admitted because they are black and now will be rejected can just go to UMass or BostonU.

The preference is for the best qualified, taking race or ethnicity out of the question. If that means that Harvard will be mostly whites, Jews and Asians, so be it. Blacks who meet the same standards will still be admitted, and the two out of three who are currently admitted because they are black and now will be rejected can just go to UMass or BostonU.
Sure.

So what’s so terrible about Boston U if one doesn’t get into Harvard? Someone I know went there, graduated the top of her class, and had a successful career.

And when you think about it, perhaps she WOULD have gotten into Harvard, but she was rejected in favor of a Black with lower SAT scores and GPA.

In the linked article, it explains the case and that Harvard’s anti-Asian policy stems from the same “holistic admissions” approach developed in the 1920s to reduce the number of Jews.

The US is the wealthiest and strongest nation in the world and we have the most efficient production.

Forum List

Back