SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

MaryL is the queen of the fallacy of false comparison this week.
Oh, be nice. Yo
Marriage Equality is equal to the Vietnam War? Yep, you heard it here. The freaks of the far right believe they are exempt from the law. No, they are not, as the found out in SC this week. That is only the start.
Yeah, Vietnam. Let me dumb it down for you: we got suckered into something ( The Vietnam war) because of lies. We are being suckered into legalizing gay marriage for lies..

The only one who appears to be lying here is you Mary.

You are the one who has lied and said gays always had the same rights.

I don't know why you think gay couples having the same right to marriage as my wife and I enjoy is suckering anyone.
I used to think you were a good poster, too. I wish you all the best, this is just a free exchange of thought. There is so much animus here, on such a simple subject. When you disparage or mock or hate on me, that is fine, but what did I do to any of you other than disagree? Shame on you. I deserve as much respect as the rest of you. (starting with my key board, which for some odd reason keeps making type things two or three times before it appears here). Respect me, I respect YOU.

Marriage Equality is equal to the Vietnam War? Yep, you heard it here. The freaks of the far right believe they are exempt from the law. No, they are not, as the found out in SC this week. That is only the start.
Yeah, Vietnam. Let me dumb it down for you: we got suckered into something ( The Vietnam war) because of lies. We are being suckered into legalizing gay marriage for lies. It's a corollary, a similar instance of being mislead...do you need pictures? The dupes that bought the war were just as self righteous and incredulous as you. Then we got into Iraq, same day different morons, Now, a new day dawns we get this Homosexual propaganda stuff. It is all the same thing, people manipulating the facts to suit their SPECIAL agenda. Regardless of the facts. And the truth WILL out.

Really Mary? Are 50,000 Americans and countless other going to die horrible deaths over gay marriage. Will untold numbers of others be maimed and rendered homeless, drug addicted and in despair over gay marriage?Will a country and its people be left in ruins and a generation of Americans be alienated left and distrustful of government ? Give me a fucking break! You sound like you're channeling Ann Coulter.

Last edited:
Oh, be nice. Yo
Yeah, Vietnam. Let me dumb it down for you: we got suckered into something ( The Vietnam war) because of lies. We are being suckered into legalizing gay marriage for lies..

I don't know why you think gay couples having the same right to marriage as my wife and I enjoy is suckering anyone.
I used to think you were a good poster, too. I wish you all the best, this is just a free exchange of thought. There is so much animus here, on such a simple subject. When you disparage or mock or hate on me, that is fine, but what did I do to any of you other than disagree? Shame on you. I deserve as much respect as the rest of you. (starting with my key board, which for some odd reason keeps making type things two or three times before it appears here). Respect me, I respect YOU.

Mary- it annoys me when you either make false statements out of ignorance- or false statements with the intent to deceive.

You have claimed before that gays have always had equal rights- and I have pointed out that that is just a false statement- by pointing out the laws that specifically discriminated against homosexuals.
You never respond when I do that.

Now you say that we have been 'suckered into gay marriage'- by 'lies'.

What lies Mary?

Of course states can refuse to marry queers.... what can happen to them?... Lose Federal aid, they can simply have all citizens send the state the TAX owed the Fed. Send in troops? Governor can activate state troopers and city police, and ask for the MILITIA from other states to help, as they did with Bundy! In actually IF the people of the state VOTE to deny queer marriage, there isn't much the Federal government can do...but I'll listen to your replies!

So now I see what you are. Someone who wants to fight a proxy war with videos and cartoons because you can't put a coherent paragraph together to explain your position on the topic. OK so be it
Already did post one, a reply to you few before this post. I'm still waiting for your reply :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, be nice. Yo

Mary- it annoys me when you either make false statements out of ignorance- or false statements with the intent to deceive.

You have claimed before that gays have always had equal rights- and I have pointed out that that is just a false statement- by pointing out the laws that specifically discriminated against homosexuals.
You never respond when I do that.

Now you say that we have been 'suckered into gay marriage'- by 'lies'.

What lies Mary?
Sorry to annoy you, I am tired of some people's ignorance. I don't want to be preachy or pedantic, Yes, Marriage for all has always been on the table and always has been. It's a lie that it isn't. But for a few restrictions. Simple as that. One man one woman. That is a beautiful thing, symmetry. And they can biologically reproduce with one another, simple as pie. They don't use artificial insemination, adoption or mistaken offspring born out of mistaken heterosexual unions to use as pawns for their agenda. We are talking 2% of Americans here. And time will prove them just a sexual dysfunction, not a special class of human beings. That is the Vietnam I refer to. We will regret this involvement to this degree later, I assure you. BIG mistake.

MaryL, yes, that is your opinion. So what. Most Americans now differ with you, as does a majority of SCOTUS. This is over.

MaryL, yes, that is your opinion. So what. Most Americans now differ with you, as does a majority of SCOTUS. This is over.
And this is YOUR opinion. Between you and I, brother, I have no idea what MOST Americans think, But on this same note, I doubt you do, either. Stats, charts all that. If I am wrong, I will remember you. Pay you due homage as whatever you see fit. If I am right, say 2045 or so, you owe me a coke. Deal? This isn't going to resolve itself over night And I doubt it will have a fairy tail ending.

The shift happened this week, and you will know long before 2045.

Other shifts: the firing on Old Glory at Ft Sumter that brought northern Democrats to support Lincoln and the Union; the bombing of Pearl Harbor end American isolationism launching us into WWII. Dylan Roof's shooting of nine unarmed Christian worshippers woke all of America to the hatred of the far right.

Yup, we are moving forward.

Other shifts: the firing on Old Glory at Ft Sumter that brought northern Democrats to support Lincoln and the Union; the bombing of Pearl Harbor end American isolationism launching us into WWII. Dylan Roof's shooting of nine unarmed Christian worshippers woke all of America to the hatred of the far right.

Arrogance isn't very charming. Especially when it wraps itself in self righteousness. We shall see what the future holds.

Arrogance isn't very charming. Especially when it wraps itself in self righteousness. We shall see what the future holds.
Ah, you looked in the mirror. Very insightful of you. Yes, we will all see what unfolds in the future.

Yeah, Vietnam. Let me dumb it down for you: we got suckered into something ( The Vietnam war) because of lies. We are being suckered into legalizing gay marriage for lies. It's a corollary, a similar instance of being mislead...do you need pictures? The dupes that bought the war were just as self righteous and incredulous as you. Then we got into Iraq, same day different morons, Now, a new day dawns we get this Homosexual propaganda stuff. It is all the same thing, people manipulating the facts to suit their SPECIAL agenda. Regardless of the facts. And the truth WILL out.

Really Mary? Are 50,000 Americans and countless other going to die horrible deaths over gay marriage. Will untold numbers of others be maimed and rendered homeless, drug addicted and in despair over gay marriage?Will a country and its people be left in ruins and a generation of Americans be alienated left and distrustful of government ? Give me a fucking break! You sound like you're channeling Ann Coulter.
Channeling Ann Coulter, why I ought to sue ya...Good, but a cheap shot. Funny, even I had to laugh. What can I say, nannie nannie neener? Besides the cheap shots, what else ya got? Gays don't NEED marriage, and the supreme court was overreaching and damn, I wish they just let ALL of us Americans vote on this in a referendum of some kind and let the chips fall where they may...ANYONE got a problem with THAT? I don't think those wankers on the supreme court should make such a momentous decision as gay marriage. Why not get the Mad Hater and the March hare as members of the supreme court too? They have all the same prerequisites as any other liberal dem.

Of course states can refuse to marry queers.... what can happen to them?... Lose Federal aid, they can simply have all citizens send the state the TAX owed the Fed. Send in troops? Governor can activate state troopers and city police, and ask for the MILITIA from other states to help, as they did with Bundy! In actually IF the people of the state VOTE to deny queer marriage, there isn't much the Federal government can do...but I'll listen to your replies!

What states are currently not allowing same-sex couples to Civilly Marry?

I believe the answer is none. They are now marrying in all 50 States.

There are states where individuals are refusing to issue marriage licenses based on religious grounds, but all States allow SSCM now.

>>>>

Damn, if he doesn't read those Democratic talking points just like the Obomanation!

What states are currently not allowing same-sex couples to Civilly Marry?

I believe the answer is none. They are now marrying in all 50 States.

There are states where individuals are refusing to issue marriage licenses based on religious grounds, but all States allow SSCM now.

>>>>

They allow it, several including Texas have left it up to individuals as to their religious beliefs! The corruption of the country is going along well for you subversives!

Showdown: Clerk Refuses Gov.’s Order To Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

Breitbart ^ | 9 Jul 2015 | by Dr. Susan Berry
The clerk of Casey County, Kentucky is refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses despite the order of Democrat Gov. Steve Beshear. During a private meeting, Beshear told county clerk Casey Davis Thursday that he should issue same-sex marriage licenses or resign, reports Kentucky.com. Davis said he is refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples because same-sex marriage is against his religious beliefs, and he is also refusing to resign his post. Prior to meeting with Beshear, Davis said he was willing to go to jail for his religious beliefs. “If that’s what it takes to express freedom of religion,...

Channeling Ann Coulter, why I ought to sue ya...Good, but a cheap shot. Funny, even I had to laugh. What can I say, nannie nannie neener? Besides the cheap shots, what else ya got? Gays don't NEED marriage, and the supreme court was overreaching and damn, I wish they just let ALL of us Americans vote on this in a referendum of some kind and let the chips fall where they may...ANYONE got a problem with THAT? I don't think those wankers on the supreme court should make such a momentous decision as gay marriage. Why not get the Mad Hater and the March hare as members of the supreme court too? They have all the same prerequisites as any other liberal dem.

Holly shit! What a rant !! Have you been drinking or did you go off of you meds? Gays don't need marriage? YOU NEED HELP! Pull yourself together .....PLEASE!

Are people who disapprove of gay marriage homophobes? 3 minute clip:

Are people who disapprove of gay marriage homophobes? 3 minute clip:

Oh Christ dude! What is this now ? Another video! This one from 2009 pushing civil unions!! Why are you taking up space here with this inane crap? Apparently I was right. You can't actually present an argument of your own. You have no original thoughts.

Forum List

Back