SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

I just saw the news on this and was going to post a link. You beat me to it.

This is GREAT news!!

I liked one bit in the article:
"Anthony Kennedy, a conservative justice who has broken with his ideological colleagues to author several decisions expanding rights for LGBT people, again sided with the court’s four liberals to strike down the state bans. The majority ruled that preventing same-sex people from marrying violated their constitutional right to equal protection under the law and that the states were unable to put forth a compelling reason to withhold that right from people."

I don't hate gays. It's just not a real marriage - and it's chipping away at the strength of our nation.

Where chaos rules; nations fail.

What a great week this is turning out to be.

Not just one, but TWO major reasons for wingnuts to cry into their Gadsen flags.

:)

I don't hate gays. It's just not a real marriage - and it's chipping away at the strength of our nation.

Where chaos rules; nations fail.

How does it effect straight marriage at all? And please be specific.

It doesn't. It's just is something that is allowed or legalized in the mainstream that will, over time, deteriorate the strength of our Country. Why? Because it's not Godly. In this world God is our only protection. Men think entirely too much of themselves....

What wonderful news! Prepare yourself for some serious pearl clutching drama from the anti-gay marriage folks.

As I said in my own thread, "Swell. Now I can marry a man in Missouri...Anbd then be evicted from my apartment of 16 years, fired from a job, and refused employment at a new job while living under a freeway in a cardboard box with my new husband." :)

Who thought it wouldn't pass? This is the most liberal court since 1969.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-surprising-move-leftward.html?abt=0002&abg=1

JOHN ROBERTS ON GAY RULING:

'If you are among the many Americans--of whatever sexual orientation--who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today's decision. Celebrate the achievement of a desired goal. Celebrate the opportunity for a new expression of commitment to a partner. Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not Celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it'

Forum List

Back