Scotty's solution to decrease minority crime

Obama carried 99% of the african american vote, 70% of the hispanic vote, 60% of the asian american vote. (Note: these numbers are from my memory not validated) My point is he overwhelmingly carried the minority vote. He can be the one person to put forth the voice to reduce minority crime. Deny it all you want, it is a major problem in this country. Obama is in a great position to put a dent in it. I promise you.

I am white and I want to put forth my problem with African Americans. It is real simple they make up 12.9% of the population Comparisons between whites and African-Americans[/url] Comparisons between whites and African-Americans[/url]) according to this website. Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 28% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 16% of Hispanic males and 4.4% of white males
Sixty-five percent of state prison inmates belonged to racial or ethnic minorities in 1991, up from 60% in 1986.

At current levels of incarceration newborn black males in this country have a greater than a 1 in 4 chance of going to prison during their lifetimes, while Hispanic males have a 1 in 6 chance, and white males have a 1 in 23 chance of serving time. NCJ 160092

The number of drug trafficking convictions in State courts more than doubled between 1986 and1990. Of persons convicted of drug trafficking in State courts in 1990--85% were male 42% were white, 57% black, and 1% of other races

Minorities commit too much crime in our country. What will we do about this. Are the minorities criminal in nature or can we educate them and put them on the right path?

Minorities , specifically african american males are to blame for our crime problem in the US.

So if we just get rid of all the black and brown people then crime will no longer be an issue in the US?

He did not say that nor even imply it. Nice attempt to divert though.

Oh, relax RGS.

Though I don't think I'm too far off the mark.

He did say this:

Minorities , specifically african american males are to blame for our crime problem in the US.

Obama carried 99% of the african american vote, 70% of the hispanic vote, 60% of the asian american vote. (Note: these numbers are from my memory not validated) My point is he overwhelmingly carried the minority vote. He can be the one person to put forth the voice to reduce minority crime. Deny it all you want, it is a major problem in this country. Obama is in a great position to put a dent in it. I promise you.

Hopefully Obama can do something to reduce the crime levels in our minority population but to state that minorities are to blame for the crime problem in this country is taking things a bit to the extreme IMO and it makes me weary of the motivation of the poster who is saying it.

Hello friend,

This was my qoute:
"Minorities , specifically african american males are to blame for our crime problem in the US."

I fucking stand by it due to the stats I referenced. I stand by my words. Look up the facts. The FACTS state: crimes in the U.S.A., the majority are commited by african american males. It is the fact.

I provided a solution. Obama needs to put forth a campaign to reduce minority crime. I stated earlier he is a good role model and in a great position to challenge this issue. I brought up a problem and I was giving a solution.

Last edited:
Just because you can pull up some prison stats saying that the majority of inmates are minorities it doesn't mean that black males are the problem with crime or whatever your point is. When you say 65% of inmates are minorities (as in all non-whites) you are ignoring the rest of the statistic which is that 35% of the inmates are white. That's nothing to sneeze at. Yeah ... I know but blacks make up a smaller proportion of the population etc. but poverty leads to crime and you will find a much higher concentration of poverty in the black and latin community than you do the whites. Those are also the facts.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I brought up a problem , offered a solution. My solution is feasable. I want to hear what other people think. I want to hear how other people would reduce minority crime.

I wanted to have a discussion on how do reduce minority crime and this guy wants to post a bunch of rap videos. All I wanted to do was to discuss a way to make a safer country.

exactly...who do you think makes the real money out of crack and heroin. and crime...black thugs ...Mexican drug cartels...lol...no the CIA ..bankers... rice white guys ...who owns these prisons for profit... the same rich white guys...who are the judges and lawyers...

so the asians are in on it, too?

Your OP comes off like you are assigning blame for crime on a certain segment of the population. I mean you flat out stated it.

Your feasible solution is "have Obama fix it?"

I understand what you are saying but my objective is to reduce minority crime. Instead of diverting the topic or spreading misinformation, explain to me how you would reduce the problem.

My solution "have Obama fix it"

Believe it or not people listen to him and this segment of the population listen to him, Put him up on an internet campaign and tv commercial spots denouncing this gangsta rap/negative black image culture. Have him promote education, religion, etc. I feel as though he is in a great position to do something about this issue.

Agree with me or not, but now is the best time to tackle this issue. Due to Obama's influence.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but my objective is to reduce minority crime. Instead of diverting the topic or spreading misinformation, explain to me how you would reduce the problem.

Your OP ignores that whites make up over a third of the prison population yet questions whether or not minorities are criminal in nature and states that black males are to blame for the crime problem in the US. Yeah, that's an excellent starting point for a good, honest brainstorming session on how to reduce minority crime in this country.

:thup:

Maybe you should take a mulligan on this thread and start another.

Your OP ignores that whites make up over a third of the prison population yet questions whether or not minorities are criminal in nature and states that black males are to blame for the crime problem in the US. Yeah, that's an excellent starting point for a good, honest brainstorming session on how to reduce minority crime in this country.

Whites make up 72% of the Total US population and 1/3 the prison population. Blacks make up 12.9% of the total US poplation and 52% of the prison population. Quit making excuses for them and look for solutions.

I put forth my solution. Where's your solution to reduce minority crime? My solution is feasable. Obama could be the voice. Where's your solution?

Last edited:

This qoute>>>>>>>>>>>>>Are the minorities criminal in nature or can we educate them and put them on the right path?
That qoute is not my words I copied it from the website I got the stats from. Sorry.

Whites make up 72% of the Total US population and 1/3 the prison population. Blacks make up 12.9% of the total US poplation and 52% of the prison population. Quit making excuses for them and look for solutions.

I put forth my solution. Where's your solution to reduce minority crime? My solution is feasable. Obama could be the voice. Where's your solution?

You and I differ on what the problem is.

You seem to think it's racial.

I think it's economical with a splash of unfairness towards minorities in our criminal justice system.

That's the disconnect.

My shift is over and I'm going home to crash. If you are around tomorrow night maybe we can continue.

BTW, "Obama could be the voice" is hardly a solution let alone a feasible one.

I think it's economical with a splash of unfairness towards minorities in our criminal justice system.

That's the disconnect.

My shift is over and I'm going home to crash. If you are around tomorrow night maybe we can continue.

Cool. Nice talking with you.

Let's cut to the chase here.

A large section of the African American community not only commit a disproportionate amount of crime (mostly on each other) but they celebrate it in their music, they have made an art out of it.

Known as Hip Hop.

You don't have to take whiteys word for it, you can take theirs.

I am white and I want to put forth my problem with African Americans. It is real simple they make up 12.9% of the population Comparisons between whites and African-Americans[/url] Comparisons between whites and African-Americans[/url]) according to this website. Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 28% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 16% of Hispanic males and 4.4% of white males
Sixty-five percent of state prison inmates belonged to racial or ethnic minorities in 1991, up from 60% in 1986.

At current levels of incarceration newborn black males in this country have a greater than a 1 in 4 chance of going to prison during their lifetimes, while Hispanic males have a 1 in 6 chance, and white males have a 1 in 23 chance of serving time. NCJ 160092

The number of drug trafficking convictions in State courts more than doubled between 1986 and1990. Of persons convicted of drug trafficking in State courts in 1990--85% were male 42% were white, 57% black, and 1% of other races

Minorities commit too much crime in our country. What will we do about this. Are the minorities criminal in nature or can we educate them and put them on the right path?

I know this will sounds like a liberal cop-out, but I think it has to deal with poverty and the culture of hopelessness in the ghetto! Poverty breeds crime. It always does in every society in the world, regardless of the color or religion of the people. Right now the black community is at the bottom of the economic scale. I believe many of the Black leaders of today (Wright, Jackson, Sharpton, Leader of Black Panthers) promote self-loathing and blaming others instead of themselves for not climbing the economic ladder, but that is a different argument for a different thread.

Another statistic, which I am not going to look up, is that more black children grow up in fatherless! Believe it or not liberals, this has a profound effect on children.

Black children are also come out into a world where drugs and violence are all around them. Also getting picked on in the ghetto is a lot worse than getting picked on in the burbs! No child likes to get picked on. We also see weakness as dishonorable, so the was to get respect is by joining a gang! The only people they see making money are the drug dealers! They know few if any people that have gone to college. This all creates a cycle of hopelessness!

That's the disconnect.

Cool. Nice talking with you.

i can see where his response would be too cogent for you to respond to.

easy to spew racist garbage while hiding behind a computer screen, eh?

Forum List

Back