Scott Walker will be our nominee

John Kasich is the most qualified. He sat on the House Ways and Means committee that balanced the budget and provided a budget surplus until W spent that away. He is a popular governor of an important electoral state. He does not bring the nutty baggage of a Trump or the anti-working family baggage of Walker

"I said"you're right if trump runs 3rd party." We shall see." Interesting, because if we in the GOP cannot shrug off the TP following, all the Dems have to do is corrupt a major American figure every four years to act like Trump is acting in order to fracture the GOP vote each presidential election.

candycorn wins every spat with claudette: a simple fact of life.

Maybe a 20% chance of Walker being the nominee.

Well, I'm not in your party, just looking from the outside, and I think it's good and healthy that people speculate.

Right now, in polling, both at the national level and in the 4 first primary states (IA, NH, SC, NV), the top tier is Trump, Walker and Bush.

But that doesn't mean it's always going to stay that way.

That being said, at this time in 2011, Romney was sailing in GOP nomination polling (I did a thread on this in the elections forum), but Perry was coming up the ranks.#

Who knows? I am curious to see what happens with Kasich after 2 or 3 debates.

If Trump fades and there is a split decision on the first 4 states, then March 15th becomes a critical data in your party's calendar, to be sure: FL, MO and OH, delegate-rich states, all WTA.

Walker won't go the distance. I have a sneaky suspicion that there are a lot of skeletons in his closet. Just my opinion.
Sad as it is the powers that be want Bush and Clinton so that's who's going to be the winners.

He is a schmuck just like every other Republican riding Obama's economic recovery.

Scott Walker says his last budget committed more to need-based financial aid than ever before PolitiFact Wisconsin

Scott Walker says under his leadership incomes are up in Wisconsin while they are down in US PolitiFact Wisconsin

He's nothing but a right wing tool.

Walker If women seeking an abortion see their ultrasound odds are pretty high they will keep baby PolitiFact Wisconsin

Scott Walker more restrictive on abortion than Reagan other GOP presidents Tammy Baldwin says PolitiFact Wisconsin

These are reasons either he won't be the nominee or he won't beat Hillary.

Wisconsin dead last in the Midwest in creating jobs PolitiFact Wisconsin

Wisconsin is tanking under walker. We are a mess. Minnesota meanwhile is kicking our behinds. The 250,000 jobs promised? Not even close. The roads need work as I can attest. Yet somehow the bucks owners get a bunch of money to build a new stadium. Sorry, not working for me. I am excited to hear more from Kasich and hope he gets the chance to debate with the others. If he doesnt, the whole setup is one big sham.

Wisconsin is tanking under walker. We are a mess. Minnesota meanwhile is kicking our behinds. The 250,000 jobs promised? Not even close. The roads need work as I can attest. Yet somehow the bucks owners get a bunch of money to build a new stadium. Sorry, not working for me. I am excited to hear more from Kasich and hope he gets the chance to debate with the others. If he doesnt, the whole setup is one big sham.
:boohoo:

People are sick of POLITICIANS... even my DEMOCRAT friend has told me he'd vote for...

... see my sig line...

Fed up of politicians so wants to vote for the entertainment instead. Kind of like shooting yourself in the head.

People are sick of POLITICIANS... even my DEMOCRAT friend has told me he'd vote for...

... see my sig line...

Fed up of politicians so wants to vote for the entertainment instead. Kind of like shooting yourself in the head.
You've no room to talk about voting for unqualified candidates, little pajama boi obama voter, who had ZERO experience at ANYTHING other than COMMUNITY ORGANIZING.

Trump is a SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE, so he damn sure knows how to build a successful business, and I'd love to see him do that with our nations economy.

Now run along, I think your mommy is calling for you, it's your bedtime, shit for brains.

... see my sig line...

You've no room to talk about voting for unqualified candidates, little pajama boi obama voter, who had ZERO experience at ANYTHING other than COMMUNITY ORGANIZING.

Trump is a SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE, so he damn sure knows how to build a successful business, and I'd love to see him do that with our nations economy.

Now run along, I think your mommy is calling for you, it's your bedtime, shit for brains.

He actually inherited his father's multi-million dollar real estate company in 1971. Not exactly what I'd call self made.

... see my sig line...

He actually inherited his father's multi-million dollar real estate company in 1971. Not exactly what I'd call self made.
There's lots of millionaires... how many of them get to be billionaires? Not many.

Yup. You don't make billions by being a dummy and the man is no dummy in any category.

And yes. Walker is doing well. I like the guy and would have no problem voting for him as POTUS.

Now its billions of dollars hes made? From being governor of Wisconsin.... if ignorance goes to forty dollars a barrel, can I have drilling rights on your head?

His salary is $144,000 by the way. If your planning on voting for him, you may want to enquire about the other $998,000,000 or so.

LMAO Nope. I was talking about Trump who made the money and he's no dummy.

Walker would be a good POTUS. Much better than "What difference does it make?" Hilbat.
Well....here is what you said:

"He didn't need a college degree to become a billionaire and he sure as shit doesn't need one to be POTUS."
Trump got a BS in Economics in 1968. So now that you claim you were talking about The Donald...gee whattady ya know. You are wrong yet again. Listen bitch, you should learn something about people you intend to vote for other than their being white and male which seems to be the only criteria; am I right?

Sorry Shit Ingot. You're right my mistake. But then your perfect unlike us lesser mortals. It's Walker who has no college degree.

Oh and as for knowing the folks who are running?? You know all about Obama and Hillary yet you support them both. More the fool you.

You can go fuck yourself you bitch. Its anatomically impossible but I'm sure you'll manage it. Being so perfect and all. LMAO

If you dont like getting caught in lies...here is a way to prevent it: STOP LYING!!!

But we're pretty sure that is impossible.

... see my sig line...

Jeez. You've got to hand it to people like you, consistent as hell. Either you're a rep voter or a dem voter, you can't see anything different.

Who did I vote for in 2012 and 2008 exactly? Wait, you don't know. So you just make stuff up.

Trump knows how to run a successful business. So what? He doesn't know how to run a country, or a state, he doesn't know how to get people on his side to make things happen.

Obama might have been a community organiser, he might have been a senator for a short time, but he certainly got Obamacare through, and he didn't do that by telling Mexicans they're all rapists and he didn't do it by telling war veterans they're not good enough.

Even Bush W. had more experience of running things in government that Trump has.

Trump just has a loud mouth.

There's a good article on the BBC comparing Trump with Corbyn, who is leading the Labour Party's leadership election.

What do Trump and Corbyn have in common - BBC News

They're completely different men. One's running for a very right wing party, the other is in a left wing party, and on the left of that. "One of them is filthy rich and likes to brag about it. The other is not ever so keen on the rich."

_84586116_trumpcomp.jpg

Here's what they say about Trump:

"Every time Trump says something outrageous, or pokes a rival in the eye, so his popularity goes up."

"Stop those thieving Mexicans crossing the Rio Grande? Simple - we'll build a giant wall all along the border...and you know what else we'll do - we'll charge the Mexican government for building it (quite why the Mexican government would foot the bill no-one has quite explained, but hey)."

"It seems we are in the age of the politics of simplicity."

"
Though Trump and Corbyn are from different political planets, what they offer is reassurance to those who feel angry and alienated (and there are a lot of them out there).

Critics would say what they are offering is simple solutions to thorny problems. But it is resonating. Nuance, detail and complexity seem to be so last year."

... see my sig line...

Jeez. You've got to hand it to people like you, consistent as hell. Either you're a rep voter or a dem voter, you can't see anything different.

Who did I vote for in 2012 and 2008 exactly? Wait, you don't know. So you just make stuff up.

Trump knows how to run a successful business. So what? He doesn't know how to run a country, or a state, he doesn't know how to get people on his side to make things happen.

Obama might have been a community organiser, he might have been a senator for a short time, but he certainly got Obamacare through, and he didn't do that by telling Mexicans they're all rapists and he didn't do it by telling war veterans they're not good enough.

Even Bush W. had more experience of running things in government that Trump has.

Trump just has a loud mouth.
Trump knows how to run SEVERAL business and how to deal. Know how to get people on his side? C'mon now. That's how you make several successful businesses!

What did Obama come to us with his resume? Community Organizer "Acorn Pencil Pusher."

He got Obamacare through back room deals ans he did it by ignoring war veterans and current servicemen. They nearly all hate Obama.

I;m not backing Trump for POTUS yet, but Lord does he have more on the ball than our Kenyan friend.

Trump knows how to run SEVERAL business and how to deal. Know how to get people on his side? C'mon now. That's how you make several successful businesses!

What did Obama come to us with his resume? Community Organizer "Acorn Pencil Pusher."

He got Obamacare through back room deals ans he did it by ignoring war veterans and current servicemen. They nearly all hate Obama.

I;m not backing Trump for POTUS yet, but Lord does he have more on the ball than our Kenyan friend.

Yes, getting people on your side is a good way of making a successful business.

However Trump is showing he's also good at losing people too. He's good at saying stuff that alienates people. In business sometimes you can do this. In politics it's a lot harder. Okay, you need to get the core of your party on your side, but sometimes you need to get help from the other side too.

What Trump hasn't shown is whether he can do this politically. What has he ever run in a political sense? Nothing.

Some might say that all politicians are bad or whatever, however the politicians at the top are the politicians who know how to play the game. Does Trump?
4 years ago he failed. He failed to get very far. He was doing well in the polls, then he lost out to one of the most left leaning of the candidates.
This year he's clearly decided the way to go is to "shock and awe" or basically reality TV it up.

What did Obama come with? Well he had been State Senator from 1997 to 2004 and US Senator from 2005 to 2008. That's 11 years experience in government. He also studied law. Trump studied economics.

However, you could easily say Obama was young, he had never run a state, he had never been at the top of the game. He got elected, and even though I'm not a democrat, I'd say he's done a pretty good job. When he speaks he's articulate, he's managed to do what he wanted to do, based on the circumstance. He'll go down as an average to upper average president.

What would Trump be like as a president? Who knows? He'd probably stop doing all this reality TV stuff and start trying to be more presidential. However in business if you're rich, you have the power on your side, you can get away with a lot of stuff. The right try and do this in international affairs and it generally doesn't work well.

Look at Bush, how many countries did he get on his side for the Iraq war? 2, Spain and the UK. Not great, why? Because he went for the head bang approach instead of the statesman like approach.

I'm not saying Trump would be a complete failure as President. I'm saying he won't get there. He'd be lucky to get the Republican nomination. He can't keep up this reality TV stuff and keep people interested through the Republican process, AND then attract voters from the center, people who are willing to vote both ways.

I've seen it in other countries, didn't work there, won't work here.

Forum List

Back