Scott Walker Gives Donor's Kid an $81K Job

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Scott Walker Gives Donor Jerry Deschane's Son an $81,000-a-Year Job

(Newser) – Don’t you hate those overpaid public employees? Why, just look at Brian Deschane. He’s racked up two drunk driving convictions, has little experience, and no college degree, yet Scott Walker’s administration is paying him $81,500 a year, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports. How did he get the job? Well, it probably didn’t hurt that dad Jerry Deschane is a longtime lobbyist for the Wisconsin Builders Association, and that the group’s PAC was one of Walker’s top five campaign donors—ringing up $121,652 in donations.

But the elder Deschane says he’s sure that’s not why his son was hired. “He got the position himself,” he says. OK, he admits, he may have mentioned Brian to Walker’s chief of staff a few times. “I put in good words for every one of my children in their jobs,” he says. To be fair, the younger Deschane must be a great worker; in two months on the job he’s already earned a promotion and a 26% raise.

And so it goes...

Edit: Originally where the story was published: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/119159584.html

About 95% of union money goes to the Democrats. Is it any wonder why we see so many protections and giveaways for unions from this administration. Quit your crying.

This is almost as good as when Walker hired those jovial folks from Wackenhut to take Union Security guard jobs at government buildings. But at least they behaved and didn't shoot vodka out of their asses into each other mouths.

About 95% of union money goes to the Democrats. Is it any wonder why we see so many protections and giveaways for unions from this administration. Quit your crying.

and this has to do with this unqualified guy getting hired, how?

Well he is a republican so of course its okay.

But well qualified teacher deserves nothing. But an unqualified republican deserves everything. Republican logic. Don't argue with it.

(Newser) – Don’t you hate those overpaid public employees? Why, just look at Brian Deschane. He’s racked up two drunk driving convictions, has little experience, and no college degree, yet Scott Walker’s administration is paying him $81,500 a year, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports. How did he get the job? Well, it probably didn’t hurt that dad Jerry Deschane is a longtime lobbyist for the Wisconsin Builders Association, and that the group’s PAC was one of Walker’s top five campaign donors—ringing up $121,652 in donations.

But the elder Deschane says he’s sure that’s not why his son was hired. “He got the position himself,” he says. OK, he admits, he may have mentioned Brian to Walker’s chief of staff a few times. “I put in good words for every one of my children in their jobs,” he says. To be fair, the younger Deschane must be a great worker; in two months on the job he’s already earned a promotion and a 26% raise.

And so it goes...

Its good to be king!

:lol:

seriously, I think it would have been better to post this from the Milwaukee sentinel article as to what he does etc.

Just in his mid-20s, Brian Deschane has no college degree, very little management experience and two drunken-driving convictions.

Yet he has landed an $81,500-per-year job in Gov. Scott Walker's administration overseeing environmental and regulatory matters and dozens of employees at the Department of Commerce. Even though Walker says the state is broke and public employees are overpaid, Deschane already has earned a promotion and a 26% pay raise in just two months with the state.

No degree, little experience pay off big - JSOnline

and its ridiculous, the position sounds, operative word sounds like its got some heft with all the light on that segment of gov. work and regs, ( and the drink driving doesn't phase me how many in congress have had DWIs?) its a rip off.

And so it goes...

soon as obie wan fires all his special buddies give us a call, til then cry us a river whydonchya?

And yet, 90% of corporate money goes to Republicans. Who better represents the American people? An organization made up of middle class workers? Or "multi national companies" who pretend to have their corporate headquarters overseas so they can avoid paying taxes while take advantage of the security of this country without having to pay for it.

The ridiculous right wing has been had. Too dumb to know it.

I love how from the blurb.. the wingers ASSUME the person is unqualified because of no degree... and of course the carefully crafted words of the article writer from the winger source

Did we see the resume, the job history?? Do we see the skills or any report on how the interview went?? Nope... Just the author's word.. and that is all good enough for the asshole wingers like Zona and the OP

And of course... the comment by the opposition "It doesn't look like he's ever had a real job," the Madison Democrat said. must just seal the deal :rolleyes:

Look... anyone knows connections help.. connections in family, politics, past work experiences, etc.. and there is sure as hell favoritism and favors to be had... who in here that actually has a career (and no, your fry salting is not a career, Zona) can say that they have not been helped by recommendations or reputation??

This is a yawner non-story

I love how from the blurb.. the wingers ASSUME the person is unqualified because of no degree... and of course the carefully crafted words of the article writer from the winger source

Did we see the resume, the job history?? Do we see the skills or any report on how the interview went?? Nope... Just the author's word.. and that is all good enough for the asshole wingers like Zona and the OP

And of course... the comment by the opposition "It doesn't look like he's ever had a real job," the Madison Democrat said. must just seal the deal :rolleyes:

Look... anyone knows connections help.. connections in family, politics, past work experiences, etc.. and there is sure as hell favoritism and favors to be had... who in here that actually has a career (and no, your fry salting is not a career, Zona) can say that they have not been helped by recommendations or reputation??

Or rather it's a non-story for you because it's a Republican and not say someone like President Obama.

He oversees environmental and regulatory matters and dozens of employees at the Department of Commerce. And yet what experience does he have? On top of the matter of his two DUI convictions.

Also, the same article you cited in your post has his resume history that you're asking for:

According to his résumé, Deschane, 27, attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison for two years, worked for two Republican lawmakers - then-Sens. David Zien and Cathy Stepp, now the natural resources secretary - and helped run a legislative and a losing congressional campaign. He held part-time posts with the Wisconsin Builders Association and the Wisconsin Business Council until being named to his first state gig earlier this year.

Deschane's father said that during the gubernatorial contest he might have reminded Keith Gilkes, Walker's campaign manager and now chief of staff, that his son "was out there and available."

"I put in good words for every one of my children in their jobs," said the elder Deschane. "But that would be the extent of it."

David Carlson, spokesman for the Department of Regulation and Licensing, confirmed that Gilkes recommended Deschane for an interview with the agency. Deschane's name does not appear on a list of job applicants with Walker's transition team, but the governor's office confirmed that Gilkes interviewed Deschane for a state job in December.

According to Walker, the state is supposedly broke but he can get a 26% pay increase after 2 months?

Instead of trying to say what people believe, why not actually go ahead and read the article next time?

Or rather it's a non-story for you because it's a Republican and not say someone like President Obama.

He oversees environmental and regulatory matters and dozens of employees at the Department of Commerce. And yet what experience does he have? On top of the matter of his two DUI convictions.

Also, the same article you cited in your post has his resume history that you're asking for:

According to his résumé, Deschane, 27, attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison for two years, worked for two Republican lawmakers - then-Sens. David Zien and Cathy Stepp, now the natural resources secretary - and helped run a legislative and a losing congressional campaign. He held part-time posts with the Wisconsin Builders Association and the Wisconsin Business Council until being named to his first state gig earlier this year.

Deschane's father said that during the gubernatorial contest he might have reminded Keith Gilkes, Walker's campaign manager and now chief of staff, that his son "was out there and available."

"I put in good words for every one of my children in their jobs," said the elder Deschane. "But that would be the extent of it."

David Carlson, spokesman for the Department of Regulation and Licensing, confirmed that Gilkes recommended Deschane for an interview with the agency. Deschane's name does not appear on a list of job applicants with Walker's transition team, but the governor's office confirmed that Gilkes interviewed Deschane for a state job in December.

According to Walker, the state is supposedly broke but he can get a 26% pay increase after 2 months?

Instead of trying to say what people believe, why not actually go ahead and read the article next time?

Great job Modbert.

This kid does not deserve that job especially at 81K a year. Doesn't matter, Walker is gone by this time next year and most of the republicans and they will finally have sanity in Wisconsin.

Sure, non-story. The ass gets double what a teacher gets and has no qualifications. But it is a Replitard peice of shit, so it is just hunky dory with you.

Pardon me??? I don't give a shit who it is.. I don't even follow this particular politician... and I get on anyone from any party... so don't start your shit with me you hyper-partisan puppet

And no.. it does not have his resume.. it has the authors blurb about the parts he picked from his resume.. nice fucking try, winger

I've received a 15% bonus after 3 months for saving a ton of money on a project... people can and do get promoted quickly... and again, you have no specifics behind it.. but since you are hyper-partisan and it is a R, you inherently lap it right up

Why don't YOU actually try and read the article and question the incomplete information

Forum List

Back