Scientologists and Global Warmers. I can't tell the difference.

Sure. Thanks petroleum...

Thanks wind and solar....

Dead-White-tailed-eagle-Windfarm-kill-Norway-1.jpg
th
Second_Red_Kite_killed-by_Navarre_Windfarm_Feb_14_2010-.jpg
th
th
th

Global warming data that riled doubters is confirmed
Source: Associated Press

WEDNESDAY, JAN 4, 2017 03:30 PM EST

SETH BORENSTEIN, ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) — A new independent study shows no pause in global warming, confirming a set of temperature readings adjusted by U.S. government scientists that some who reject mainstream climate science have questioned.

The adjustments, made in 2015 to take into account how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures.

The new international study looked at satellite data, readings from buoys and other marine floats. Researchers found that each measurement system independently showed the same 20 years of increase in temperatures seen in the readings in question, an updated temperature analysis by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in 2015.

The study is in Wednesday’s journal Science Advances.

###

Read more: Global warming data that riled doubters is confirmed

And before the deniers start squealing, this study made the NOAA summary sea surface temperature data look _more_ like buoy and satellite data. Hence, it will be difficult for them to invent a conspiracy theory to handwave it away.

Why the changes? Ships, basically. Ship data had a cool bias, being engine room intake pipe inlets were deeper down and thus in colder water. That wasn't taken into account properly before.

Source: Associated Press

WEDNESDAY, JAN 4, 2017 03:30 PM EST

SETH BORENSTEIN, ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) — A new independent study shows no pause in global warming, confirming a set of temperature readings adjusted by U.S. government scientists that some who reject mainstream climate science have questioned.

The adjustments, made in 2015 to take into account how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures.

The new international study looked at satellite data, readings from buoys and other marine floats. Researchers found that each measurement system independently showed the same 20 years of increase in temperatures seen in the readings in question, an updated temperature analysis by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in 2015.

The study is in Wednesday’s journal Science Advances.

###

Read more: Global warming data that riled doubters is confirmed

What a fucking moron you are slothy... Here, take a look at this...See those two words I highlighted? Yeah, those two... That means they MADE the data fix their pre conceived tall tales. Pull your fucking head out of your ass and see what daylight looks like.

"The adjustments, made in 2015 to take into account how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures."

What a fucking moron you are slothy... Here, take a look at this...See those two words I highlighted? Yeah, those two... That means they MADE the data fix their pre conceived tall tales. Pull your fucking head out of your ass and see what daylight looks like.

And just as I predicted, a denier immediately invents a conspiracy theory to handwave away the data. Damn, I'm good. That's why everyone calls them deniers. If any evidence is inconvenient to their Stalinist political cult, they instantly auto-deny it.

"The adjustments
, made in 2015 to take into account how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures."

Poor Westwall is in a pickle now.

The new method made the NOAA data match satellite and buoy data more closely. (If he'd read anything, he'd have known that, but he doesn't read, he just kneejerks.)

Westwall and all deniers also says that the satellite and buoy data are the gold standard.

Ruh-roh. Deniers caught in a contradiction! The love satellite and buoy data, but they say they hate this method that more closely matches satellite and buoy data.

Let's see how Westwall tries to squirm out of this one. After all, he's incapable of admitting error, so squirming is his only option.

And just as I predicted, a denier immediately invents a conspiracy theory to handwave away the data. Damn, I'm good. That's why everyone calls them deniers. If any evidence is inconvenient to their Stalinist political cult, they instantly auto-deny it.

"The adjustments
, made in 2015 to take into account how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures."

Poor Westwall is in a pickle now.

The new method made the NOAA data match satellite and buoy data more closely. (If he'd read anything, he'd have known that, but he doesn't read, he just kneejerks.)

Westwall and all deniers also says that the satellite and buoy data are the gold standard.

Ruh-roh. Deniers caught in a contradiction! The love satellite and buoy data, but they say they hate this method that more closely matches satellite and buoy data.

Let's see how Westwall tries to squirm out of this one. After all, he's incapable of admitting error, so squirming is his only option.

I didn't do the ADJUSTMENTS dumbass. Adjustments means it isn't data (not that you understand what that is either), if it ain't data, it ain't real.

I didn't do the ADJUSTMENTS dumbass. Adjustments means it isn't data (not that you understand what that is either), if it ain't data, it ain't real.

I had an oven once that ran 25 degrees hotter than the temperature dial. Thus, I "adjusted" by setting the knob 25 degrees low.

According to Westwall, I shouldn't have corrected for that bias when I set temperature, because adjustments to data with a known bias are eeeeeevil.

Of course, I would have burned a lot of food if I followed the Westwall "NO ADJUSTMENTS EVER!" policy.

Not making adjustments for known biases is bad common sense and bad science, which is why every real scientist laughs at the hilariously stupid claim that adjustments are bad.

I had an oven once that ran 25 degrees hotter than the temperature dial. Thus, I "adjusted" by setting the knob 25 degrees low.

According to Westwall, I shouldn't have corrected for that bias when I set temperature, because adjustments to data with a known bias are eeeeeevil.

Of course, I would have burned a lot of food if I followed the Westwall "NO ADJUSTMENTS EVER!" policy.

Not making adjustments for known biases is bad common sense and bad science, which is why every real scientist laughs at the hilariously stupid claim that adjustments are bad.

:haha: Only a dipshit like you could try and use a broken oven as an analog for data falsification.

You are a buffoon.

Thank you for using our products and blaming us for your use of them. I hope this makes you feel better.

Thanks for being a partisan hack.
I'm not the one using a product I believe is harmful. You are.

Which has what to do with being a partisan hack?
And what product am I using?
Nothing. That was your attempt to deflect your hypocrisy of using a product you believe is harmful. See posts #31 and 32 for your hypocrisy.

[Only a dipshit like you could try and use a broken oven as an analog for data falsification.

I didn't do that. You're just deflecting. My point was that adjustments to know biases are required by common sense and good science, and your attempted deflection doesn't challenge that point at all.

Now, let's proceed with the topic you brought up. What data was falsified?

All of the data and all of the processing algorithms are linked to at the end the paper.

Therefore, you should have no trouble backing up your claim. If you weren't lying, you can simply show us exactly what data was falsified, and exactly how it was done, linking to the actual data and algorithms.

But if you were lying, you'll now find an excuse not to do that.

Nothing. That was your attempt to deflect your hypocrisy of using a product you believe is harmful. See posts #31 and 32 for your hypocrisy.

Look, I know you can't answer my question about you being a partisan hack. That's okay. I wasn't expecting you to. Most partisan hacks cant' see their partisanship. You are no different. As I have stated, I see the benefits and pitfalls of the product you are in love with. You only see the benefits. Hey, if they were paying me to be a shill, I wouldn't dare go against he grain either.

..Actually I would. I would be more honest than you about it.

Not really. I'm 55. I can retire tomorrow. So is it your belief that since I work for an industry whose product is designed to be burned and is used the world over to enrich the lives of mankind that I am somehow responsible for society using the product I help to produce?

Never said that. I said you had a dog in the race. It has also been used to fuck up the atmosphere and plenty of other negative connotations (not saying it hasn't helped either - two sides to every debate and all that)...
But I don't. I thought I explained that to you. CO2 is a vital component of then carbon cycle which all life needs to exist. The product I produce serves a vital role for the good of making; for mankind's betterment. I don't have a conflict because these are my beliefs. You on the other hand do. You use these products that you believe fuck up the atmosphere and you do not see your hypocrisy. Instead you redirect your guilt to others who don't share your belief. What have I gotten wrong here?
Everything. General public had no idea about the Greenhouse Affect until about 40 years ago. Scientists knew, but were not sure about how much affect it would have. Now had we started taking action then, we would not be seeing the acrimony in this debate at present. But a lot of lies were knowingly told by those in the fossil fuel industry. You are but the latest extension of those lies.

No, most of us have to use our automobiles, until the less expensive EV's become available. However, that will happen in the near future. Right now the attempt of the liars is to keep the gravy train going as long as possible without regard to the effects on coming generations.

Look, I know you can't answer my question about you being a partisan hack. That's okay. I wasn't expecting you to. Most partisan hacks cant' see their partisanship. You are no different. As I have stated, I see the benefits and pitfalls of the product you are in love with. You only see the benefits. Hey, if they were paying me to be a shill, I wouldn't dare go against he grain either.

..Actually I would. I would be more honest than you about it.
Lol. This is you trying to change the subject. My carbon footprint is no different then yours but I am to blame. Your external locus of control is off the chart.

Not really. I'm 55. I can retire tomorrow. So is it your belief that since I work for an industry whose product is designed to be burned and is used the world over to enrich the lives of mankind that I am somehow responsible for society using the product I help to produce?

Never said that. I said you had a dog in the race. It has also been used to fuck up the atmosphere and plenty of other negative connotations (not saying it hasn't helped either - two sides to every debate and all that)...
But I don't. I thought I explained that to you. CO2 is a vital component of then carbon cycle which all life needs to exist. The product I produce serves a vital role for the good of making; for mankind's betterment. I don't have a conflict because these are my beliefs. You on the other hand do. You use these products that you believe fuck up the atmosphere and you do not see your hypocrisy. Instead you redirect your guilt to others who don't share your belief. What have I gotten wrong here?
Everything. General public had no idea about the Greenhouse Affect until about 40 years ago. Scientists knew, but were not sure about how much affect it would have. Now had we started taking action then, we would not be seeing the acrimony in this debate at present. But a lot of lies were knowingly told by those in the fossil fuel industry. You are but the latest extension of those lies.

No, most of us have to use our automobiles, until the less expensive EV's become available. However, that will happen in the near future. Right now the attempt of the liars is to keep the gravy train going as long as possible without regard to the effects on coming generations.
You guys are worse than nazis.

Sure. Thanks petroleum...

Thanks wind and solar....

Dead-White-tailed-eagle-Windfarm-kill-Norway-1.jpg
th
Second_Red_Kite_killed-by_Navarre_Windfarm_Feb_14_2010-.jpg
th
th
th
Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

Causes of Bird Mortality - Sibley Guides

SSDD, you are and remain, a fucked up liar.

No, what's funny is the "study" you quote quite literally pulled the numbers out of their ass. The range for cat kills was 3 million, to 60 million. Quite a range don't ya think! In other words the study was laughably bad. And, let's assume the numbers are correct. How many of those are endangered birds? Oh, right.... NONE of them! The only man made cause for raptor deaths is poaching, poisoning, and windmills.

Screw you and your false equivalents you pissant.

Lol. This is you trying to change the subject. My carbon footprint is no different then yours but I am to blame. Your external locus of control is off the chart.

Not trying to change the subject. How much is my carbon footprint? And why do you see nothing by little rays of sunshine when it comes to the petroleum industry As I said, partisan hack. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back