Science that continues to be ignored

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by PixieStix, Feb 28, 2010.

1. PixieStix

PixieStix Coal Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,261
    I have been researching data on H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide). This is very interesting and makes one wonder, Why the heck are we not allowing this to be used for diseases that have altered lives? Me thinks it is about the money, H202 is cheap and abundant. I am not a scientist, or very educated in the sciences. But I am logical and this just makes sense. For all you people who are educated in science, what say you?

The Many Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide By Dr. David G. Williams

Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy

Do we have to ask why this is being ignored and even many times removed from the world wide web? I don't know, but I would like to see more about the benefits of H202

Could it be that the pharmaceutical companies may go belly up in a time of economic uncertainty if this becomes public knowledge? Or the healthcare scam would be all but done?

I'm just sayin :eusa_shhh:

2. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    The peroxide ion is an endogenous ion, anyway, so this seems reasonable.

But, oxidants (and the peroxide ion - protonated H2O2, or HOO- - is an oxidant) can be damaging to cellular processes.

So, as with all medical studies, one must find a balance. If there appears to be some positive results with this, perhaps there will be a study leading to clinical trials. because the FDA requires them and MDs won't use unapproved compounds.

Of course, no one would make any money on the substance itself, so the study would have to be fully funded by grants.

3. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    H2O2 breaks up easily into oxygen radicals that cause oxidative damage, and interact with many proteins and molecules and disrupt their function.

My bet is there hasn't been a extensive clinical trial to prove that this therapy works, and since its every expensive to perform clinical trials, if there is no profit to be made I can't see peopel spending that much money on the trials. Plus its toxic