Science can not even get when life started right

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most nonsensical claim I have ever heard is that the secular claim that the universe magically created itself out of nothing. "Poof! There it is!

That seems to be the general consensus, between those who accept the literal biblical explanation and those who do not.

The most nonsensical claim I have ever heard is that the secular claim that the universe magically created itself out of nothing. "Poof! There it is!

That seems to be the general consensus, between those who accept the literal biblical explanation and those who do not.
What's the literal interpretation?
To start off with, literal interpretation in which language?

To me as an Engineer I can't accept the idea that the universe magically created itself out of nothing. While not an astrophysicist I have too much of an knowledge of the Laws of Physics to accept something as ridiculous as that.

To me as an Engineer I can't accept the idea that the universe magically created itself out of nothing. While not an astrophysicist I have too much of an knowledge of the Laws of Physics to accept something as ridiculous as that.
Most atheist scientists are banging their heads against the wall trying to figure that out.
The good thing is if any of their efforts leads to technological advancements.

The single-celled asexual organism that will evolve into a human baby is innocent...yet you crush them with every step you take.
Indeed I do. That's because some people have figured out that the reasons for Valuing human life don't have to be dictated to them by a fake Sky daddy.

Most atheist scientists are banging their heads against the wall trying to figure that out.
The good thing is if any of their efforts leads to technological advancements.

True. If we learn more we will know more.

In the meantime we don't have a clue how the universe came into existence and we only know of life on earth.

So you believe that this world is not corrupted?
In the way you do, whereby you don't think even newborn babies are innocent? No, that takes freakish religion to buy that.

No, that's not all what I was talking about, and it's not my assertion. Both you and Hollie have this weird habit of hearing what you want to hear, and not what is actually said.

Do I have to recap why the world "fallen" came up in the first place, and go through the string of conversation? Because all one has to do is read the thread, to see how that came up in the first place, and what we were talking about.

The truth might have been nice. Why did the gods not care about the errors and omissions? Why did the gods allow largely unknown writers to set down accounts tens of years after the actual events?

45,000 years of oral tradition ... and you want scientific truth? ... maybe only important stuff made it through ... like not making babies with your siblings ... or given wimin a week's paid vacation every month ... or pooping 38 cubits from your home ... not murdering each other ...
Thank you for not kissing me ... seems everybody is watching us ...
Or maybe the original meaning has been lost through time.

and it's not my assertion.
Liar. You believe there are no innocent babies. You believe the entire human race is corrupted. It's literally a basic tenet of your preferred iron aged myth. Stop accusing others of things of which you are, by far, more guilty.
You're projecting. Don't tell me what I believe, so arrogantly, as if you are omniscient and know what is inside my mind. Then you have the audacity to call me a liar when I just finished telling you that the reason the word "fallen" came up in the conversation had nothing to do with what you are talking about. All one has to do is go back and read the string of conversation to see that.

You are not only dishonest, but hateful and bitter and nasty.

No. The general consensus of those who are religious is that God created the universe out of nothing.

The general consensus of science is that the universe was created out of nothing.

Both are correct.

The single-celled asexual organism that will evolve into a human baby is innocent...yet you crush them with every step you take.
Indeed I do. That's because some people have figured out that the reasons for Valuing human life don't have to be dictated to them by a fake Sky daddy.
Atheists, who support abortion and euthanasia, only value their own lives, no one else's.

Don't tell me what I believe, so arrogantly, as if you are omniscient and know what is inside my mind.
Nobody has to look inside your mind. We don't need to ask the sheep what the iron aged handbook says.

Which you clearly don't understand, not even in the slightest.

Now, quit changing the subject. And since you are incapable of being civil, I'm going back to ignoring you, as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back