School Uniforms

Public schools, through the school boards, address these issues with sensitivity and affirmation. Tell the little freaks to dress in khaki and blues and shut up.

My sisters and I wore uniforms all through grade school and it wasn't bad. It wasn't like we had to wear them 24 hrs. a day, we got creative with clothes anyway just not during school hours.

honestly bones, i don't see how they dress should be any kind of focus at all in school....i think it is distracting from their learning....

competition with the rich bitch's clothes, or the gang's clothes or just merely your girlfriends clothes is distracting, let alone what girl's outfit exposes the most tit, or guys crack imo, and takes away from what us tax payers are paying for....an educational system that educates our children in the 3 R's and sciences....

putting a dress code in or uniforms don't stifle children's own control or creativity imo, school is just a few hours out of a day that they are suppose to become educated and learn discipline...the discipline of the working world in many cases....be there on time and not tardy, don't dilly dally when lunch break is over, be the most productive and work hard while there, do what your boss says...equates to do what your teacher says, principle is the boss of the teacher, like your own boss has a boss he has to answer too, and in most cases you can't go to work with a see through blouse and no bra or with pants that show your butt crack....

School is preparing them for what full adulthood is like in the working world, in most cases....again, in my opinion....

i suppose i am taking the ''hard line'' on this, and i have no true experience in raising or educating children, since matt and i have not been able to have any together, and i only know or am looking at this from the way i was reared and am comfortable with....

ultimately though, it is up to the individual school to set their own dress code rules...

Most jobs out in the working world have specific dress codes. Do the adults complain that it stifles their creativity? No. Because it's just part of the job package and because creativity is in the mind, not necessarily the fabric on your body.

DARNIT! Gotta spread some around first! ;)

What are you thoughts on students required to wear uniforms, in either a public or private school.

Is it taking away their "rights" to express themselves, or should it be a standard requirement for all students until they graduate from high school?

Does it have to be just at school? I've been trying to get my wife to wear a schoolgirl outfit for years. This is one time that I would actually like to see the government intervening to mandate something.

What are you thoughts on students required to wear uniforms, in either a public or private school.

Is it taking away their "rights" to express themselves, or should it be a standard requirement for all students until they graduate from high school?

Teaching in a private school with uniform requirement the kids consistently come down with the 'fact' that it restricts 'individuality', BUT it allows all kids, regardless of parents wherewithal to appear equal. Even then it's not true, which the kids know. Contacts, braces-there's a whole economic hierarchy here let everyone know who's who. Not too mention that the kids get together outside of school.

My opinion, a serious dress code, without uniforms would be fine. The more dressed the better. No jeans, shorts, cleavage, etc. BTW, outside of school I wear jeans, shorts, and many tops with cleavage.

Yep, I think the same as you Annie, on this...and I also, wore clothing outside of work, that was more personally expressive, but when at work? NO WAY, JOSE'!

I also went through their rooms on a regular basis. I didn't care about the personal shit, I could care less about that. I was looking for contraband. And if I found it, the shit hit the fan.

I never found it. We had guns, and a gun safe, which I actually gave to my oldest as a gift, to store his guns and rifles. But I kept the key. Other than that, what's yours is mine, and I will exert authority if I don 't like it.

They were pretty good about everything. We had two issues while they were growing up..both with the same boy. One was when he refused to go to school the first day because he didn't like the walmart clothing I bought him. He wanted gangsta clothing, all very expensive, and dug in his heels. So did I. That was a knock down drag out, and as I remember, my mother, who was present (this boy is her darling) took him shopping a few days later and bought him some very nice clothing. Not gangsta, but no walmart. But believe me, I dragged his ass to school.

Second issue was when the oldest, about 17 or 18 at the time, made the mistake of trying to sneak a girl into his room. We shared a bathroom, between our bedrooms. I went into the bathroom and heard the unmistakeable sounds of, well, you know. So I barged into the room, said "you've got 5 minutes to get her out of the house" and that was the last time, ever, that he brought a girl the house for other than social (girl meeting mom) purposes.

Oh wait, one other incident...my younger boy at the age of about 12 or 13...I went to pick up the boys for a dental or dr. appointment, I can't remember which. And my younger boy was mouthy, disrespectful, and obnoxious in the office, in the parking lot, on the steps, etc. While we were on the steps I grabbed hold of him by his arm with a death grip and we marched to the car. At the car he started to yell and have a fit and refuse to get into the car. I said "Get in the car now." he said "you can't make me, you'll get it for CHILD ABUSE". I said "I'll get a fucking medal, in the car NOW" and whalloped him. I could see the secretaries in the office laughing their asses off.

Oh wait, and one other time I exerted authority..I was 9 months pregnant, working with big bad boys...diminished capacity predatory sex offenders, and it was time to go to work. My boy, who didn't have his license yet, wanted to take the car around the block to the stereo shop to have a big stereo put in. I told him, "I'm getting in the shower, and if the car isn't here, someone's dying. I don't give a shit about the stereo, I've got to go to work."

I came out of the shower...no boys, no car.

I went out into the middle of the street, pregnant, wet from the shower, and waited. In about 5 minutes, here comes my big Olds down the street, "bumping". I waved it to the side, dragged my son's friend out of the passenger side by his fucking short spiky blond hair (he ran and didn't quit running for about six months, I'd been trying for years to get him out of my house, if only I'd known all I had to do was pull him out of a car by his hair...) and I ran around to the other side to smack my boy upside the head as he came out.

My son was like, "I'm leaving and NEVER COMING BACK". I said, adios, I'll see you when you're hungry, I've got to go to work."

He was back within 36 hours, hungry and dirty, lol. He NEVER took my car without my permission again, and to this day, he's VERY careful about how he uses other people's cars.

Mom? Is that you? :eek:

:lol:

The school district my children attend school in put it up for a vote 2 years ago, 75% opposed school uniforms. I voted against. When I was in high school we had a very strict dress code and I remember how much I hated it.
I have found that the richer the school district, the less likely they are to impose school uniforms.

Kids have no rights! They should be seen and not heard! And they will wear whatever we tell them and be happy about it! They should all wear uniforms like this:

9845-school-student-uniform-1.jpg

Kids have no rights! They should be seen and not heard! And they will wear whatever we tell them and be happy about it! They should all wear uniforms like this:

Those are cute! :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the idea of school uniforms more to prevent kids from wearing gang colors or pants hanging off their ass more than simply to stifle their creativity?

The flaw, which is evident, is that it doesn't work that way. The gangbangers still figure out how to "mark" themselves no matter what you do, but it does effect those "good" students adversely. Thus the dress code solution, which doesn't work much better but doesn't effect the good students as much. My solution, just plain expel gangbangers, period, end of story.

I know a stripper who wears those ... well ... street hooker really, she just claimed to be a stripper.

I loved it when the school board mandated that teachers would meet the dress code of the students. Some of the teaches went moonbat, but a number of suspensions and one termination but an end to that happy horsecrap.

I've thought about that too Jillian. It may be that Catholic girls were considered "the forbidden fruit" because of the religious aspect toward pre marital sex. But it also could be a trend setting thing in the pre mini skirt days. I spoke with an 80 year old woman who said she would often be disciplined for wearing her skirt too short. I found that pretty amusing..

Maybe the forbidden fruit thing. It makes sense. But I'll tell you that where I grew up, the catholic school girls were the wildest the minute they got out of school...and when they came to our public school, they were far more er... worldly... than any of us more secular kids. Maybe has to do with them being repressed? I don't know. But that's a great story about the 80 year old woman.

She was a wild woman in her day. :eusa_shhh: :lol:

As I told my kids, your clothes do not and should not dictate who you are. If you've got a problem with modest clothing you can play in without exposing your nether regions, you need to shift focus.

My little girl is not insanely crazy about the uniforms. She's only 7. We compromise...I buy her a couple of trendy, but reasonable outfits that she can wear to school when she feels like it. On the weekends, so long as her ass isn't hanging out or her belly, she can wear whatever she likes. She spent whole weekends dressed in her princess costumes complete with tiaras and sparkly gold shoes last year. We went to the store that way, I don't care.

So far, she likes jeans, and that's just fine by me.

On vacation, I let her wear her swim suit top with her jeans when we were on the coast. But I was with her every minute. She doesn't get to go hang out with other kids dressed like that, nor does she attend functions dressed like that. She gets ogled enough, there's no reason to rock the boat.

At school, she always wears undershirts and slips under her clothing. Period.

She HATE knee socks, btw. Isn't that weird? I always loved knee socks, and I think they're cute..whether they're the white ones or the dark blue cable knit ones.

Her taste is developing and she's becoming less of an exhibitionist, and while she likes to look sharp, she's learned to factor in whether or not she can be rough and tumble in her clothes...because despite her beauty and her love of girlie things, she's an athlete and very rough and tumble when she plays. I bought her a couple of the long Hannah Montana-type tops with the wild patterns on them, and some adorable leggings. She won't wear the leggings. She wears the tops with her skinny jeans. She's not crazy about the plaid jumper I got her with a matching tie...but I bought her a cheap pink plaid skirt with attached dickie (white button down) and attached long pink cable knit vest with a skinny black belt and matching tie...and she LOVES that. WTF? It's like the same thing, only cheap and fake!

Little boy could care less. He'd wear his batman suit if I'd let him. So far he's wearing short sleeved polos and jeans or long shorts. He's got his khakis, oxfords, long sleeved polos and vests for when it gets cooler or he needs to look a little more put together. For two years his favorite play/weekend outfit was his Spiderman suit..the kind with the built up muscles and pull over fabric mask. It was hilarious.

Elsewhere, I said that uniform mandates are not primarily problematic in themselves so much as in their capacities as symptoms of a more problematic element within the structure of most orthodox schools, namely, the idea that conditions wherein the autonomy of students to dress themselves as they please is such a trivial issue that it can be casually dismissed on the basis of inconclusive speculation about the alleged benefits of uniform mandates, which, even if existent, could likely be acquired in a more libertarian manner. This idea is itself symptomatic of a general mindset that hierarchical and authoritarian coercion as a condition of schooling is an acceptable mechanism and one that actually promotes learning. In my view, such is both unnecessary and counterproductive, and inhibits students' development of self-management abilities.

Moreover, we know that public school students possess some degree of constitutional rights within schools as affirmed by a SCOTUS decision in Tinker v. Des Moines and it seems obvious that a uniform mandate will involve the censorship of various slogans, images, symbols, and other messages conveyed through student apparel through prohibition of clothing that displays such elements. It thus seems likely that those of a more civil libertarian mindset will regard a uniform mandate as more than a mere suppression of free expression, but as a violation of the First Amendment also.

I've heard mentions of the "productivity" of organized sports teams, the police, and the military expressed as justifications for school uniforms...but it is a standard expectation that they will be more rigidly homogeneous in thought and deed than the general population can be reasonably expected to be if we wish to preserve strong conditions of diversity and autonomy. These organizations are assembled for the pursuit of a clear and apparent objective that does not require any large amount of deviation (though I'd argue that it requires more than presently exists) from one standard approach that involves an intense amount of hierarchical organization. It doesn't seem reasonable to assume that the general population ought to be organized in such a manner, which is why few people propose mandating uniforms for the public at large. What's not noted is that schooling plays an extremely critical role in the formation of the personalities and psychological conditions of that general population, and the excessive presence of authoritarian elements (that find their extreme form in blatant mass indoctrination) can be expected to typically have detrimental consequences.

Oh, and Allie, we already knew you were an obnoxious, cunty bitch. You didn't need to let us know again. ;) :lol:

EDIT: BTW, what the fuck's up with your 7 year old getting "ogled"? What the fuck kind of environment do you live in...and you're criticizing me? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Requiring children to cover their bodies at school is hardly authoritarian. It protects them from predators such as yourself, Pederastate.

Kids' rights to express themselves are taken away in school already. It's just the way it is. I personally agree with school uniforms. Takes away SOME of the clique thing. Also don't have to worry about skirts too high, blouses too low, all that interesting stuff.

Forum List

Back