School Time-Out Rooms?

It's a Federal Law that a child with a disability must have an IEP.

IDEA 2004 Roadmap to IEPs: IEP Content, IEP Meetings, Attendance, Review and Revision, and Transition - Wrightslaw

When I get a new child in my classroom from another state, his/her IEP follows them. That tells me where the child is academically, and what guidelines I must follow according to their IEP.
That is helpful.

The punishment for this girl with autism was cruel and unusual punishment imo.

Okay. Just wondering if there was a single standard. Obviously so. Would be nice if all public education had a single standard.

Like I said, I think 3 hours isolation is a bit much, and that's for a normal child. I can't even imagine the potential damage to an autistic child. Their minds are at warp speed on a good day.

I suppose you kneejerking liberals are going to complain about the school policy of time-out waterboarding, too.

Liberal attitudes like these are is why our children have no respect for authority.
I am a liberal and I think they need to be more strict in schools, we are only hurting our children in the end. My parents generation(baby boomers) gopt slapped on the wrist with rulers and whatever else went on in that generation and they have a much better work ethic then my generation.For one they are a lot more responsible for their actions and don't think they need a reward for just showing up.
I don't think somethings should be done like paddling, that should be left to the parents. I also believe in spanking for one my parents spanked me and by the time I got to a certain age they just had to threaten me with a spanking and I shaped up.

Last edited:
Schools, particularly grade and junior highs, are cesspools where the dregs of humanity are allowed access to our kids.

I had a junior high principal grab me by the throat and shove me down the hall, because I refused to stay after school for questioning him about his treatment of my brother.

Yeah man... Leftist indoctrination centers are FAR WORSE than just a waste of time, space and money; they're subversive advocates of communism.

The hole "time-out" notion is a complete joke... and the ONLY people that reward children with time off as a means to discourage unwanted behavior are IDIOTS... The whole system needs to be shut down, rinsed of PC policy and ANY LENDING OF CREDENCE TO ANYTHING APPROACHING PC and the FIRING of ANY teacher which has ever so much as CONSIDERED giving a 'time-out' and 100% of those presently in membership of any organized labor...

Of course that won't happen and the same idiots that are causing the problem will be tasked with solving the problem and the general public will continue to tap their collective toes as we watch this sort of idiocy take place day in and day out.

And I have to tell you... has anyone talked to one of these teachers lately?

We raised three children an we home schooled them for much of their grade school experience... but here such was not practical, as a general rule I found that most teachers were pretty bright people.

But for what ever reason, I have come into direct personal contact with several people who are public school teachers and one HS principle... THESE PEOPLE ARE MORONS! And the great part... two possess Bachelor degrees and the principle a Masters and yet, they're idiots...

Yeah man... Leftist indoctrination centers are FAR WORSE than just a waste of time, space and money; they're subversive advocates of communism.

The hole "time-out" notion is a complete joke... and the ONLY people that reward children with time off as a means to discourage unwanted behavior are IDIOTS... The whole system needs to be shut down, rinsed of PC policy and ANY LENDING OF CREDENCE TO ANYTHING APPROACHING PC and the FIRING of ANY teacher which has ever so much as CONSIDERED giving a 'time-out' and 100% of those presently in membership of any organized labor...

Of course that won't happen and the same idiots that are causing the problem will be tasked with solving the problem and the general public will continue to tap their collective toes as we watch this sort of idiocy take place day in and day out.

And I have to tell you... has anyone talked to one of these teachers lately?

We raised three children an we home schooled them for much of their grade school experience... but here such was not practical, as a general rule I found that most teachers were pretty bright people.

But for what ever reason, I have come into direct personal contact with several people who are public school teachers and one HS principle... THESE PEOPLE ARE MORONS! And the great part... two possess Bachelor degrees and the principle a Masters and yet, they're idiots...

"principle"?
what's your degree-fahrenheit?

Forum List

Back