School removes police and metal detectors, student shoots another student.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
As the article points out, this is a shooting you won’t hear about (because the shooter isn’t a Trump supporter or white), even though it took place outside of a school…

Anti-police, pro criminal policies contributed…

Yesterday an altercation broke out just outside the school building. A student pulled a gun and shot three other students, killing one and critically injuring another. My colleague Jeff Van Nest, a 20-year FBI agent who recently joined American Experiment, comments:

During a press conference on Wednesday, officials identified the two suspects who were arrested as Alfredo Rosario Solis, 19, and Fernando Valdez-Alverez, 18, both of Minneapolis. Gunfire killed 15-year-old Jahmari Rice.
Rice was reportedly the son of Cortez Rice, who is currently in jail for harassing the judge in the Kim Potter case.

Many are now asking whether this tragedy could have been prevented after South Education Center leaders removed police officers, dismantled metal detectors from school entrances, and failed to implement other safety measures after seizing a firearm from a student at the school in September 2021.
The school’s wokeism goes back at least to 2017.

Four years ago, school administrators opted to replace sworn police School Resource Officers with unarmed School Safety Coaches. Superintendent Sandy Lewandowski explained the safety coaches specialize in mental health, de-escalation, restorative justice, and safe physical interventions. Lewandowski believed this “homegrown model” has proven effective by reducing arrests from 65 to 12 during the first year after removing police from the school.

School removes police and metal detectors, student shoots another student.​

To be fair, anyone who sends their kid to a public school that requires on-site police and metal detectors to prevent them from being shot needs to seriously consider, A) private school, B) home school, or C) move to a better school district.

Give the remaining kids bigger guns.

Last edited:
The incident took place outside of the school by people that do not attend the school, but somehow having metal detectors leading into the school would have stopped it?

Dumbest article I have read in a while.

The incident took place outside of the school by people that do not attend the school, but somehow having metal detectors leading into the school would have stopped it?

Maybe to keep the rats away we could put prison-worthy fences around public schools with a tower vigil and 3 shifts-per-diem sharpshooters to man security.

Or we could close public schools and put the educational burden back into churches where they were when this nation began. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and others were educated in wise weekday uses of church buildings to educate men and teach women how to run their own home. That may be subject to change, but education needs to be put back into the churches where people worship god so that children learn accountability for their actions. The public burden is too high to continue on as it is now with unions deciding to teach atheism through athiest scholars who are taught God is bad, man is good, which is wrong because God's precepts are firmly founded in rightness; man's precepts are temporary and are quickly made into folly like the Democrat pursuit of the false witness of people they hate and the lying narrative that thoroughly negates the truth to the bottom of the wastebasket.. :cranky:

Edit: spelling repairs

Last edited:
To be fair, anyone who sends their kid to a public school that requires on-site police and metal detectors to prevent them from being shot needs to seriously A) private school, B) home school, or C) move to a better school district.

Give the remaining kids bigger guns.

If you read the article, you'd have realized this was a school for the troubled students the other schools didn't want.

But clearly, we need to turn our schools into armed camps to keep those kids in line, and we all need to adjust our lives so a few gun nuts can enjoy their fetish.

The thing here is that Dick Tiny thinks putting cops in the schools is the answer...

When the reality is that when Police Departments send cops to work in schools, they are usually sending their underachievers. So when you do have school shooting incidents, they usually have no idea what to actually do.

With all due respect (I am NOT being sarcastic), they have been trying since the 1960s to improve the academic achievements and the student behavior at predominately African American (and Hispanic American) schools.

This is now 2022.

Not much has improved.

Sadly, there is no reason to believe that the situation will materially improve in the next sixty years.

Why?

Maybe it might be kinder to remain silent on that point.

Maybe to keep the rats away we could put prison-worthy fences around public schools with a tower vigil and 3 shifts-per-diem sharpshooters to man security.

Or we could close public schools and put the educational burden back into churches where they were when this nation began. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and others were educated in wise weekday uses of church buildings to educate men and teach women how to run their own home. That may be subject to change, but education needs to be put back into the churches where people worship god so that children learn accountability for their actions. The public burden is too high to continue on as it is now with unions deciding to teach atheism through athiest scholars who are taught God is bad, man is good, which is wrong because God's precepts are firmly founded in rightness; man's precepts are temporary and are quickly made into folly like the Democrat pursuit of the false witness of people they hate and the lying narrative that thoroughly negates the truth to the bottom of the wastebasket.. :cranky:

Edit: spelling repairs

So, will any church do, or just Christian Churches of the correct denomination?

If you read the article, you'd have realized this was a school for the troubled students the other schools didn't want.

But clearly, we need to turn our schools into armed camps to keep those kids in line, and we all need to adjust our lives so a few gun nuts can enjoy their fetish.
The Good Book says "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)

When acting out in a criminal way is done by a child, he has not been trained properly, and that's why parenting is important, and it takes both a father and a mother who are centered on training up their children as their responsibility, children won't go at each other with guns.

A gun fetish? Puh-lease, but some of us live out in the country and are maintaining livestock ponds where very poisonous snakes have been known to thrive. We have to have guns to get the right predator. Poison just kills off the livestock. Furthermore, if farmers didn't have guns, there would be no end to the tresspassing that destroys crops and removes prized livestock future of meat sources. Some people want to take out all meat production. That's a stupid move against scientific proof that meats have vital factors. The last snakebite on my property resulted in a $1200 veterinarian fee for saving my dog's life from a water moccasin bite. Snakes come out around sunset in this part of the USA, and my dog was bitten late in the afternoon after all the local vets had gone home. The nearest 24-hour animal hospital was my only recourse, and it was 55 miles away. Fortunately the extra hour it took to get there still gave my dog a chance to live another day. She was a good and brave animal just protecting her family, and thanks to vets who had that night hospital, my dog's life was spared. That was 10 years ago. I'd pay the the going price again if I had to. Dogs make stealing farm equipment less profitable to evildoers.

The Good Book says "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)

Yet the same book is filled with stories of children departing from it.

Soooo...you are saying that a shooting that occurs outside the school, off school grounds doesn't count as a mass public shooting or school shooting?

You better tell The Gun Violence Archive and the other extreme, anti-gun groups.....shootings like this is how they lie about the number of mass public shootings and school shootings in this country....

Thanks for pointing this out....

Soooo...you are saying that a shooting that occurs outside the school, off school grounds doesn't count as a mass public shooting or school shooting?

You better tell The Gun Violence Archive and the other extreme, anti-gun groups.....shootings like this is how they lie about the number of mass public shootings and school shootings in this country....

Thanks for pointing this out....

No, I am saying that metal detectors leading in to a school can do nothing to stop a shooting that takes place outside of the school.

I did not say a thing about what counts as anything. If all you are going to do is lie about what someone said, why even bother to post?

Gang violence.

People have been trying to solve gang violence for over a hundred years.

As the article points out, this is a shooting you won’t hear about (because the shooter isn’t a Trump supporter or white), even though it took place outside of a school…

Anti-police, pro criminal policies contributed…

Yesterday an altercation broke out just outside the school building. A student pulled a gun and shot three other students, killing one and critically injuring another. My colleague Jeff Van Nest, a 20-year FBI agent who recently joined American Experiment, comments:

Rice was reportedly the son of Cortez Rice, who is currently in jail for harassing the judge in the Kim Potter case.

The school’s wokeism goes back at least to 2017.

You're dead right I want more gun control. I can't wait until a tragedy like that affects you personally and no doubt you will respond and tell us all you are happy with nuts practicing their Rambo skills.

he Good Book says "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)

Okay, not going to take the Bible as a source on child rearing with verses like these.

He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. -- 2 Kings 2:23-24

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

When acting out in a criminal way is done by a child, he has not been trained properly, and that's why parenting is important, and it takes both a father and a mother who are centered on training up their children as their responsibility, children won't go at each other with guns.

There might be a whole lot of reasons a child acts out. Mental illness, for instance. Of course, our schools just want to dope these kids up on Ritalin for 12 years and then dump them out on society.

They might live in an area where crime and poverty are rampant... but since white people don't have to deal with that, they don't care.

A gun fetish? Puh-lease, but some of us live out in the country and are maintaining livestock ponds where very poisonous snakes have been known to thrive. We have to have guns to get the right predator. Poison just kills off the livestock. Furthermore, if farmers didn't have guns, there would be no end to the tresspassing that destroys crops and removes prized livestock future of meat sources. Some people want to take out all meat production. That's a stupid move against scientific proof that meats have vital factors. The last snakebite on my property resulted in a $1200 veterinarian fee for saving my dog's life from a water moccasin bite. Snakes come out around sunset in this part of the USA, and my dog was bitten late in the afternoon after all the local vets had gone home. The nearest 24-hour animal hospital was my only recourse, and it was 55 miles away. Fortunately the extra hour it took to get there still gave my dog a chance to live another day. She was a good and brave animal just protecting her family, and thanks to vets who had that night hospital, my dog's life was spared. That was 10 years ago. I'd pay the the going price again if I had to. Dogs make stealing farm equipment less profitable to evildoers.

Wow.. okay, let's look at that. How many Americans are killed by snakebite every year...

Each year, an estimated 7,000–8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the United States, and about 5 of those people die. The number of deaths would be much higher if people did not seek medical care.

How many Americans die of gun violence every year?

39,000 AMERICANS DIE FROM GUN VIOLENCE EVERY YEAR—AN AVERAGE OF 100 PER DAY1​

Forum List

Back