Schiavo's Other Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shattered said:
I just saw a bunch of media pics (150 to be exact). Michael is only in about 3 of them - in not one picture does he look the least bit remorseful, or sad that his WIFE WIFE WIFE!!! is dying. In fact, he looks downright giddy. He has this quirky ass half grin, and his eyes are downright sparkling..

I'm sure that's someone who wants what's best for Terri.

Guess we could bash him all day long about him being a shitty person however it doesn't change the fact that the US govt. allowed him to continue his behavior. If we're gonna blame parents for the shitty behavior of their kids, why can't we do the same thing here and place the responsibilty where it belongs.

Merlin1047 said:
OCA, if you and Smarter have taken it upon yourselves to show that Michael Schiavo was a decent human being, you have taken on a daunting task indeed.

But I'm not going to get into his personality. I want to address a question I have regarding Judge Greer's decision making process. First, I have no intention of villifying Judge Greer. I believe that he followed the law and that is what judges are supposed to do. The question I have is on the key issue of Terri Schiavo's purported wishes in regard to her condition and continuing life support.

Michael Schiavo claims that his wife had stated that she did not want to exist in this state. Now normally I would find that to be a reasonable assertion. But several things cast doubt on this. First, Shiavo made several statements early on which indicated that he had no idea what his wife wanted. Then there is the question - "If Michael Schiavo KNEW that his wife did not want to live in her condition, why did he permit medical intervention for such a long time before he finally claimed she had stated that she would rather die?". In addition, there are other statements by medical staff who claimed to have overheard him making extremely hostile statements about his wife such as "When is the bitch going to die?".

Then there is the question about Schiavo's second "wife". He has been in a common law relationship with another woman for many years. I'm not being judgemental about that, but normally that's grounds for divorce. If I were the judge in this case and I have Michael Schiavo before me asserting that he is representing the wishes of his wife Terri, I would not lend a great deal of credibility to the assertions of a person with so many obvious conflicts of interest. In a way, Shiavo is a bigamist. He maintains a legal marriage to a brain damaged woman while maintaining a common law marriage with another woman. Were I the judge, this obvious conflict would weigh heavily on my evaluation of the veracity and reliability of Schiavo's testimony.

I believe that if I were the Schindlers I would have made the claim that Terri had indicated that she no longer wanted to be married to Michael and would have attempted to file for divorce on her behalf, thereby effectively removing Schiavo from any decision making process regarding Terri. At the same time cutting him off from the money which is obviously another conflict of interest on his part.

Helluva post, Merlin. You've brought up some points I'd not even considered.

Shattered said:
Yeah.. That's what I dinged it for.. "A new family". Indeed. He's a two-timing worthless pile of crap. Even if you take out ALLLLLLLLL the other accusations against him, he's STILL a two-timing worthless pile of crap.

The fact that you find what he's doing as acceptable is totally disgusting, and speaks volumes about you as a man. "A new family" is no big deal - let's just kill off the old one first. Whoohoo!!! :dance:
this is why assumptions make one look like an idiot. welcome to the club.

Shattered said:
Yes, I did. I disgree with the fact that he finds "a new family" to be acceptable, when one is already married. It's adultry - pure and simple.

Even if you take away Terri's broken back, broken thigh, broken ankles, broken ribs, broken wrists, lack of treatment, sudden "disaster" right after she told her husband she wanted to leave him, inability to see her family for the most part (and them her), you're STILL Left with an abusive, cheating son of a bitch that deserves to be shot upon site. But Smarter finds this ok. I do not. So, yeah.. That was worthy of a ding, IMO.
again, you made a stupid ass assumption that I agree with what he did. You obviously don't have the ability to look past your own prejudices and see the facts of the case and judge against that.

Shattered said:
There's no "drama" unless other people make it so. He chose to make the knowledge that I dinged him public, in an attempt to get others to jump in. That's fine with me. I stand by my position that it was worthy of a ding.
you know something? I was about to just go off and call you every name in the book, then I realized that you're not worth my anger.

SmarterThanYou said:
you know something? I was about to just go off and call you every name in the book, then I realized that you're not worth my anger.

Ah yes.. No wonder you're pro-Michael. He is everything you consider a real man to be. :thup:

Shattered said:
Yeah.. That's what I dinged it for.. "A new family". Indeed. He's a two-timing worthless pile of crap. Even if you take out ALLLLLLLLL the other accusations against him, he's STILL a two-timing worthless pile of crap.

The fact that you find what he's doing as acceptable is totally disgusting, and speaks volumes about you as a man. "A new family" is no big deal - let's just kill off the old one first. Whoohoo!!! :dance:

You know, Shattered...regarding M. Shiavo I agree with you wholeheartedly. I completely disagree with smarter, who by the way, is my husband. I know what is behind his thoughts however, I didnt get it till just a few minutes ago - note, Im not saying that I agree with it.

Hell, I even dont disagree with your dinging his reputation although its my opinion that your doing it and his reaction seems a bit childish to me, but hey, thats just me.

I EVEN dont disagree with you responding with tacky posts b/c that is what he is doing and what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The remark telling him that he is less of a man or whatever is over the top.
Last I checked, the worth of a man wasnt measured in one or two opinions. I guess he is a poor excuse for a man because he works sometimes 20 hours a day and provides very well for his family. I guess he is a poor excuse for a man because he loves and raises my children as his own when their own father wont even look up for them. I guess he is a poor excuse for a man because he put me through school, paid off the debts incurred by my exhusband, and the list goes on and on.

I can understand anger and God knows that when I get pissed I can say some pretty awful things that make anything that you and DK have said back and forth during all of this look tame lol.
As I said, Im his wife, but regarding the issue of M. Shiavo (controlling lying bastard that he is), Im in your corner....but the attack upon him as a man was over the line and in my opinion, far beneath the person that I think that you are (why do I think that when I dont know you? Ive read your posts - you seem to be a sweet, intelligent, fair and funny person. Thats why I think that the last comment was way below who you are.

dilloduck said:
Why do I suspect some male issues going on here S ?

Because your imagination is going in to overdrive? I simply find it amusing that people think Michael is being wrongfully villified, when he's shown his true nature time and time again. Not once has he ever used the words "I love my wife. I want what's best for her." in any interview that I've read.

Shattered said:
Because your imagination is going in to overdrive? I simply find it amusing that people think Michael is being wrongfully villified, when he's shown his true nature time and time again. Not once has he ever used the words "I love my wife. I want what's best for her." in any interview that I've read.

His only mistake was not immediately letting her die. If you want to continue to villify him you are no better than a Christian telling you that you are going to hell

SmarterThanYou said:

DK:
I would hope that you wouldnt do this anyway hon.
damnit. :( I knew that the decision we made in Oct was a better one than the one we made in Feb

Shattered and DK:
Here it is in a nutshell...
Youre never going to agree with her; she is never going to agree with you.
You both can continue verbally ripping each other up and inflaming the situation even more, or you both can just ignore each other. Dont post to each other, dont post about each other. It really IS that simple.
Ive gone off and held onto issues like a friggin pit bull and totally trashed the character of the person whom I was 'dealing' with (when I was on here as KL, that is) and it didnt convince the person that they were wrong and I was right. It didnt make me feel any better. It didnt do anything except continue into worse shit. Isnt there enough of that already without adding to it? Id be inclined to think so, but hey....that's just me.

MyName said:
DK:
I would hope that you wouldnt do this anyway hon.
damnit. :( I knew that the decision we made in Oct was a better one than the one we made in Feb

Shattered and DK:
Here it is in a nutshell...
Youre never going to agree with her; she is never going to agree with you.
You both can continue verbally ripping each other up and inflaming the situation even more, or you both can just ignore each other. Dont post to each other, dont post about each other. It really IS that simple.
Ive gone off and held onto issues like a friggin pit bull and totally trashed the character of the person whom I was 'dealing' with (when I was on here as KL, that is) and it didnt convince the person that they were wrong and I was right. It didnt make me feel any better. It didnt do anything except continue into worse shit. Isnt there enough of that already without adding to it? Id be inclined to think so, but hey....that's just me.

Point taken, and you're right. It's not worth it. Kudos to you for stepping in in a mature manner, and not going off the deep end just because someone (me) allowed someone else (your hubby) to get her in a fit of temper over someone neither of us knows, but each of us have strong and differing opinions on.

Tho, Michael is stil a worthless sack of shit.

Shattered said:
Point taken, and you're right. It's not worth it. Kudos to you for stepping in in a mature manner, and not going off the deep end just because someone (me) allowed someone else (your hubby) to get her in a fit of temper over someone neither of us knows, but each of us have strong and differing opinions on.

Perhaps you now are willing to forgive others who have tried to "force" their values on you.

dilloduck said:
Perhaps you now are willing to forgive others who have tried to "force" their values on you.

**takes Dillo's spoon away**

This pot's all stirred out. :)

Shattered said:

truce and a cease fire?

dilloduck said:
Guess we could bash him all day long about him being a shitty person however it doesn't change the fact that the US govt. allowed him to continue his behavior. If we're gonna blame parents for the shitty behavior of their kids, why can't we do the same thing here and place the responsibilty where it belongs.

There ya go. Why are people sitting around and letting the law go unchanged? There was no law broken here, the judgment was sound based on the amount of evidence required for such cases. It wasn't the Judge that overstepped their bounds, it was the Legislature that wasn't psychic and able to see the unintended consequences of their action. That they do not change the law and raise the bar of evidence from "clear and convincing" to "beyond reasonable doubt" is where the issue should lie.

I have already contacted my State Rep in CO to insure the laws here should reflect the "reasonable doubt" level rather than any "clear and convincing" level whereby somebody that presents in such a terrible way as Michael Schiavo will not be the one producing the "evidence" that ends up killing another human.

Blaming Mr. Schiavo for what he was able to do is simply disingenuous. It is the law that needs to be changed not Mr. Schiavo demonized. Go after the real issue, not after the icon that brought the issue to our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back