Scary Poll: 44% in poll OK limits on rights of Muslims

2004?

Let me get my Delorean so i can check on this...

2710.jpg

Nope, didn't give a fuck about it back then either.

Can you get it back to 12C Europe? :lol:

No decent roads back then, so would be stuck there (couldn't get up to 88). Bummer.

Scary Poll: 44% in poll OK limits on rights of Muslims

Look how well it worked for Hitler limiting the rights of the Jews

In a similar poll conducted by Cornell in November 2002, the figure was 90 percent.
© Copyright 2006 Globe Newspaper Company.

you guys believe everything you read? no questions asked? Believe every poll some dumbass liberal university publishes??? no questions asked? talk about civil liberties,, universites like Columbia won't let a Republican enjoy free speech without rioting and storming the stage,, I didn't see you asswipes bitching about that.. No,, I didn't and you cheer your asses off if you could manage to shut talk radio and fox news up.. so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Here's an interesting reaction. Not surprising, mind you...but interesting.

Who the hell cares? A poll is not going to change the law unless a democrat is in power, opps that is true right now.

As for profiling I say since EVERY SINGLE hijacker on 9/11 was a young Arab MALE we SHOULD profile YOUNG ARAB Males. Anyone remember who the shooter in Texas was?

When 90 year old Grandma's start blowing up planes or hijacking them, then we should profile them as well.

So are you saying we should limit the constitutional rights and liberties granted to others when they are Muslims?

Are you saying we shouldn't keep American citizens safe???

See how lame that comes off?

We can keep American citizens safe by restricting our movement, taking our guns and locking up all suspicious looking people. Are you in support of that too?

In a similar poll conducted by Cornell in November 2002, the figure was 90 percent.

you guys believe everything you read? no questions asked? Believe every poll some dumbass liberal university publishes??? no questions asked? talk about civil liberties,, universites like Columbia won't let a Republican enjoy free speech without rioting and storming the stage,, I didn't see you asswipes bitching about that.. No,, I didn't and you cheer your asses off if you could manage to shut talk radio and fox news up.. so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

The poll was done by a university, so it's liberally biased. Queue the non sequitors, nonsensical Republican talking points, a hint of anger, and you got yourself a standard-procedure WillowTree hackjob.

You bore.

what you got is the truth but you can't handle the truth!

Here's an interesting reaction. Not surprising, mind you...but interesting.

and absolutely true.. don't forget that

guess what? post katrina when the anarchy set in? the cops fled NOLA in droves a liberal chocolate city man Ran Nagin went in and seized guns from the private citizen, didn't see you hypocrites bitching about that either.

Most americans who bitch about islam are woefully ignorant and at the same time pretend to be islamic theologians. The MSM is not a Theological University.

My other question is why people are so willingly to practically repeat history. Knowing full well how it didn't turn out well the first time.

Because most people don't know any history.
Couple of months back I met a kid who's attending junior college and claims to be a military history buff. He had heard of neither Winston Churchill nor Erwin Rommel.

I believe that profiling - looking closely at those who match the profiles of known criminals is a tool for law enforcement.
I don't believe that we should use "Islamic" as a litmus test for profiling, though it can be a part (religion) of a profile, just like race, sex, age, marital status, etc.
I also do not believe we can constitutionally limit the rights of people based on their religion.
Finally I believe that changing the status of Islam in the US from religion to cult would be the wrong decision.

So does that mean you support or oppose limiting the rights of Muslims?

notice the total silence be Ghook, The Rabbi and DavidS....

ANYONE want to bet on why that is?

I would like to see a sample of questions before we make the conclusion that conservative want to round muslims up and put them in concentration camps because there is a difference between a question if Muslims should be locked up or do you think they should not wear headscarfs in public. One is a call for legal action which would be unconstitutional and the other is just an opinion about someone else's religion.

I'm really suspicious of a poll that puts a bad light on conservatives that doesn't even release sample questions.

Do you guys think we are this stupid not to wonder what questions were asked?

And what about all thos unconstitutional laws protecting churches? No liquor sales with so many feet of a church? Nudie bars are not allowed close to churches either in most places, etc...
Those are laws that are in violation of the constitution.

Those are unconstitutional? Did you check you local state constitution about what it says about that. Once you do that you can get back to me about whether it is unconstitutional then you can fight it in your own state.

I have an idea--how about curbing the rights of all religious people??

Then no one can complain about the other group having more rights...

So does that mean you support or oppose limiting the rights of Muslims?

it means asswipe that the only opinion I have stated thus far is that not only are you a massive douchebag but a hypocrite to boot.

The only line that links conservatives to the new concentration camps (Are we going to model those after FDR's concentration camps?) is this:

The survey conducted by Cornell University also found that Republicans and people who described themselves as highly religious were more apt to support curtailing Muslims' civil liberties than Democrats or people who are less religious.

The line says more apt but doesn't say how much more and this entire paragraph doesn't link that group with the 44% who thought that so I'm wondering why you assume why the 44% were linked to this group.

I looked at the numbers and it never once mentioned that the "dreaded ones" who supported this shit were "conservatives" and who the fuck said that all conservatives are religious. I know I don't go to church that much.

Forum List

Back