Scary Poll: 44% in poll OK limits on rights of Muslims

Being a Jap doesn't cause people to murder others randomly, being muslim does. I never have been a fan of the Jap camps.

Because that's not ignorant or anything. :rolleyes:

Why did a black man shoot up an army recruiting center? Because he is muslim. There might be a 10% or so segment of muslims who aren't terrorist sympathizers at the very least, but I doubt it's that many.

It is abundantly apparent that Islam causes people to go out and kill people. We should stop all immigration from all muslim countries and place all the mosques here under surveillance.

THHHHERE it is. I knew it would crawl out from under the rock it enjoyed since jap camps to bask like a lizard on a rock.

Being a Jap doesn't cause people to murder others randomly, being muslim does. I never have been a fan of the Jap camps.

go tell someone from Pearl Harbor that joke, dummy. Indeed, it's dumb shit like your opinion that caused the Holocaust. fortunately, muslims aren't worth a fraction as the value of a jew, eh buddy?

Why did a black man shoot up an army recruiting center? Because he is muslim. There might be a 10% or so segment of muslims who aren't terrorist sympathizers at the very least, but I doubt it's that many.

I know plenty of intelligent Muslims. All of them are nice people who have not once defended any terrorism.

You seriously are ignorant. God forbid if you ever hold any office with power.

THHHHERE it is. I knew it would crawl out from under the rock it enjoyed since jap camps to bask like a lizard on a rock.

go tell someone from Pearl Harbor that joke, dummy. Indeed, it's dumb shit like your opinion that caused the Holocaust. fortunately, muslims aren't worth a fraction as the value of a jew, eh buddy?

I have no idea what any of that indecipherable drivel is supposed to mean.

I know plenty of intelligent Muslims. All of them are nice people who have not once defended any terrorism.

You seriously are ignorant. God forbid if you ever hold any office with power.

You know of another reason why he did it then?

Oh, so you're saying that Islam causes them to become ill and then randomly murder innocent people. Splitting hairs, don't you think?

No, I'm not saying Islam caused him to become ill. I'm saying that he was ill and just happened to be a Muslim.

you guys believe everything you read? no questions asked? Believe every poll some dumbass liberal university publishes??? no questions asked? talk about civil liberties,, universites like Columbia won't let a Republican enjoy free speech without rioting and storming the stage,, I didn't see you asswipes bitching about that.. No,, I didn't and you cheer your asses off if you could manage to shut talk radio and fox news up.. so cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Here's an interesting reaction. Not surprising, mind you...but interesting.
Seems to Me that this person is just pointing out a major hypocrisy of the left. But at best, it is a peripheral issue to the topic.

yes, but then later I asked them if they believed the polls the muslims voted in at about 80 to 90% believe jihad and attacking the USA is legit. yep..

I have no idea what any of that indecipherable drivel is supposed to mean.

Indeed. This is because you are dumb.

You know........after being in MusLAME countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey), I'd noticed something......

Turkey was the ONLY MUSLIM COUNTRY to allow MusLAMES and non MusLAMES to have the same rights.

Saudi, UAE? Nope......sorry.......the rights of non MusLAMES are seriously curtailed when compared to MusLAMES.

Trust me.........I've been there. Matter of fact, even got taken to an oil rig compound for dinner. Those people taught me a LOT about living there as a non MusLAME.

Turkey was the ONLY MUSLIM COUNTRY to allow MusLAMES and non MusLAMES to have the same rights.

Yet it's 99.8% Islamic and is the 7th most populous Muslim-majority country. What does that tell you?
That Turks are more reasonable than Arabs.
Sarcasm aside
Doesn't Turkey have a more literate society than a lot of Islamic countries currently boast?
Ignorance breeds radicalism and bigotry; we can see that graphically by comparing your posting with say Shogun.
You support Islam and are reasonable, hence your arguments are reasonable.
Shogun supports Islam and is unreasonable, hence his arguments are unreasonable.

A strategic goal of counter-terrorism should be to try and ensure all the Islamic countries become more literate and educated.

It is abundantly apparent that Islam causes people to go out and kill people. We should stop all immigration from all muslim countries and place all the mosques here under surveillance.

You sure about that Screamer? That doesn't jive with worldwide homicide rates: http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=699

In fact, Muslim countries rank very low.

Maybe it would help if more Muslims, American or otherwise, condemned the acts of the extremists.

My point is that people aren't pulling this fear out of their asses, it comes from witnessing what Muslim terrorists have done and the lack of condemnation from the Muslim community.

They do, constantly. Nearly every major American (and many, many foreign) Muslim group issues an official condemnation of every major terrorist attack. They're just not aired on Fox News or talked about on USMB.

Statements by Muslim leaders condemning terrorism

Why are there no condemnations from Muslim sources against terrorists?

A common complaint among non-Muslims is that Muslim religious authorities do not condemn terrorist attacks. The complaints often surface in letters to the editors of newspapers, on phone-in radio shows, in Internet mailing lists, forums, etc.

Actually, there are lots of fatwas and other statements issued which condemn attacks on innocent civilians. Unfortunately, they are largely ignored by newspapers, television news, radio news and other media outlets.

Overview:

The problem is not that condemnations do not exist; it is that they are not well publicized in the media. Allie Shah wrote in the Star Tribune in Minnneapolis, MN:

"The fact is that many prominent American Muslim groups have clearly and publicly denounced acts of terror in the name of Islam as barbaric, heinous and just plain wrong. Though they religiously send out press releases and e-mail statements after every attack, somehow their message doesn't seem to penetrate." 1

Two of the largest Muslim groups in the U.S. -- the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) regularly issue statements. However, they rarely appear in local newspapers, on TV or radio.

Allie Shaw continues:

"Last fall, CAIR launched a national petition drive as part of a campaign by Muslims called 'Not in the Name of Islam.' To date, nearly 700,000 Muslims have signed the petition condemning terrorism committed in the name of Islam, and many newspapers have covered the petition drive. As part of the same campaign, CAIR also created and paid for public service announcements set to air on television stations nationwide....."

"If all that wasn't enough, last Thursday the Fiqh Council of North America issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism. Endorsed by more than 100 U.S. Muslim authorities, the fatwa boldly and unequivocally forbids terrorism and admonishes those who commit terrorist attacks....."

"The lengthy fatwa continues with references to the Qur'an that support the ruling. It may not be enough to dissuade a minority of extremists hellbent on destruction, but it is the right thing to do."

"In the meantime, we will continue to react with the same shock and dismay and, yes, anger, at the misguided people who continue to show no regard for human life. And we'll continue to speak out against terrorism in the hopes that someone is listening."

There's a lot more at that site about how frequently, seriously, and uniformly almost all Muslim organizations (especially the two biggest ones) are about condemning all acts of terrorism carried out by people who claim to be Muslim. It's simply a lack of awareness, not a lack of the condemnations, that leads certain people to believe Muslims don't speak out against terrorism.

Last edited:

You sure about that Screamer? That doesn't jive with worldwide homicide rates: Homicide Rate by Country

In fact, Muslim countries rank very low.

Yeah, more racist ignorant BS.

The predominately Muslim nation with the highest murder rate, our ally and the source of the hijackers Saudi Arabia, is ranked just above Japan and 10 spots lower than the U.S.

Predominately Christian nations are responsible for far more murders each year than predominately Muslim ones. But guess what? That doesn't mean Christians are violent and need to have their civil rights revoked though.

Yet it's 99.8% Islamic and is the 7th most populous Muslim-majority country. What does that tell you?
That Turks are more reasonable than Arabs.
Sarcasm aside
Doesn't Turkey have a more literate society than a lot of Islamic countries currently boast?
Ignorance breeds radicalism and bigotry; we can see that graphically by comparing your posting with say Shogun.
You support Islam and are reasonable, hence your arguments are reasonable.
Shogun supports Islam and is unreasonable, hence his arguments are unreasonable.

A strategic goal of counter-terrorism should be to try and ensure all the Islamic countries become more literate and educated.

Turkey has a secular constitution. The military supports the secular constitution. Recently Islamists have gained more power but the military is still secular.

With you on literacy and education, everyone should get an education in critical thinking in all societies. It really beats up ignorance.

Oh don't take this too seriously, this poll was probably taken in the lobby after a WWF grudge match.

Forum List

Back