Saudi Arabia Tells Melania Trump She Can Skip The Hijab!

Excuse my ignorance but what is that? The traditional Islamic head wear?

it seems to refer to any hair obscuring thing on the head-----lately. ---like a kerchief -or some kind of "snood"---(don't ask me what a "snood" is-----but it's on the head)
No, a hijab is not the same as a snood.

Snood:

1940s-snood-knit-243x300.jpg

Snood is just a catch-all for your hair. It has no religious significance, though some people do use them to cover/contain hair as part of modesty observances of their faith.

hijab:

81cdf5e4d58260b005b87c94e869baff.png

It covers the head and the neck. It used to be a garment worn as a distinction between elite women and prostitutes...i.e., elite wore it and prostitutes were forbidden. That was before islam, and the advent of murdering slutty women..or women you just wish were slutty. Hijab means the garment, but also the practice of wearing it, and can refer to the whole doo-dah outfit, from the head wrap and the whole sheet that covers them to their toes.

What do the Saudi's think of women who don't wear the Hajib? Well.....it looks like they've already reached that conclusion concerning the Third Lady.

You get to skip the Hijab if you've had a boobjob.

I'm sure that the Saudis have already seen the pictures of Melania naked, so at this point there's nothing for her to hide from them.

Always keep it classy leftist scumbags!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What do the Saudi's think of women who don't wear the Hajib? Well.....it looks like they've already reached that conclusion concerning the Third Lady.

Michelle Obama didn't wear one.

Obama_US_Saudi_Arabia-01b37.jpg

Neither did Laura Bush

AP08051607324-638x398.jpg

Melania's not exactly blazing new trails here.

Bless Laura. She straight up refused. It was quite a scandal. The left were horrified that she would stand up to rich muslim men that way!

You get to skip the Hijab if you've had a boobjob.

I'm sure that the Saudis have already seen the pictures of Melania naked, so at this point there's nothing for her to hide from them.

Always keep it classy leftist scumbags!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Of course you elected such a classy President!

it seems to refer to any hair obscuring thing on the head-----lately. ---like a kerchief -or some kind of "snood"---(don't ask me what a "snood" is-----but it's on the head)

Snood:

Snood is just a catch-all for your hair. It has no religious significance, though some people do use them to cover/contain hair as part of modesty observances of their faith.

hijab:

It covers the head and the neck. It used to be a garment worn as a distinction between elite women and prostitutes...i.e., elite wore it and prostitutes were forbidden. That was before islam, and the advent of murdering slutty women..or women you just wish were slutty. Hijab means the garment, but also the practice of wearing it, and can refer to the whole doo-dah outfit, from the head wrap and the whole sheet that covers them to their toes.

thanks---in my town lots of muslim women are using snood like things as hijabs FOR THEIR HEADS------abaya is another word I cannot define precisely

Snood:

hijab:

thanks---in my town lots of muslim women are using snood like things as hijabs FOR THEIR HEADS------abaya is another word I cannot define precisely
I think the definitions are pretty fluid.

But abaya is the garment..it's like a robe, or a long dress with long sleeves.
u-tasli-abaya--siyah--mervin-255981-10.jpg

Snood:

hijab:

come to think of it------what is a "SLIP"?-----uhm----
or a "SHIFT" even the word "SHIRT" denotes
all kinds of different garments. -----uhm "coat"?
"robe"???

Snood:

hijab:

come to think of it------what is a "SLIP"?-----uhm----
or a "SHIFT" even the word "SHIRT" denotes
all kinds of different garments. -----uhm "coat"?
"robe"???

Don't get me started on the way we change meanings of words at will. The result is we use one word and it can mean pretty much anything you like..which in the end means the words don't mean anything at all...and that leads to gridlock in communication, and the administration of law.

And now for the truth:

First of all, the OP's source for this "story" is RT. Need I say more?

Secondly, neither Michelle Obama nor Hillary Clinton wore a hijab when they went to Saudi Arabia.

However, as you can see, the donnie believes they should have
Will Melania Trump wear a headscarf in Saudi Arabia? Donald Trump circa 2015 seems to think she should. “Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted,” Donald Trump wrote. “We have enuf enemies.”

Most high-profile Western visitors, however, tend to forgo the scarves. For example, as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton visited the kingdom sans scarf in 2012.

Analysis | Will Melania Trump wear a headscarf in Saudi Arabia? Donald Trump circa 2015 seems to think she should.

Thread FAIL!

Snood:

hijab:

I'm Batman

Ah I see, thank you.

Basically, Saudi Arabia is saying "we respect that you are not a follower of Islam, we like you and would rather have you visit and respect your right to be who you are rather than insist you do something against your will or Faith."

Wise move by the Saudis (for once). As stated, probably a nod of respect to Trump and his wife. Melania is more than just First Lady, she seems like a fairly strong woman who isn't just defined by Trump, probably one of the reason Trump married her. Good for her.

I remember a number of years ago a co-worker of mine introduced me to his wife. He was Muslim and we shared salutations, but I didn't extend my hand to shake it hers and vice versa. He actually thanked me for that as I knew it wasn't acceptable in Islam. I did so out of respect for their beliefs, and I am the type that figures, "it's no skin off of my back to respect his beliefs when I am aware of them".

Now, I have my limits of course, so I just wouldn't place myself in a situation in which I have to be something I'm not.

What you could have done to fix that awkward not-shaking-hand moment is place your right hand lightly over your heart and bow slightly.

Forum List

Back